+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, BF4: Beta Starts Today! in Fun Stuff; Anyone up for knocking down a skyscraper tonight?...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

BF4: Beta Starts Today!

Anyone up for knocking down a skyscraper tonight?

Thank Post
    I guess it's for people who pre-ordered the full BF4?

I presume the BF Platoon rolls over so the [EDU] platoon will still be active in BF4? I'm in two minds about BF4. I hate the fact I'll be giving cash to EA who have become awful of late, and Origin is devil-spawn, yet since I built my new rig, I've been hitting up BF3 a lot lately and enjoying it (apart from the fact no one I know seems to play it any-more and squad teamwork is non-existent). I think it will be a peer pressure thing. If I see lots of people in game, then I reckon I'll cave. It's what I did with BF3!
    Last edited by Rawns; 1st October 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 821 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll be there, sucking ass at a mouse and keyboard after playing BF3 on the PS3....

Thank Post
    I think anyone with the BF3 premium pack (the DLC maps) also has BF4 Beta access, I do and I've not ordered BF4 already. I've got the files pre-loaded ready to go

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Meh, won't be on beta, will be on the real thing 24/7.

Bit of long range sniping, and insta-wan-deags to close range people, hell yeah.

Suck ass at vehicles though lol (bar the apache)

Bf3 wise, people still play that? lol Gave up 6 months ago when half the maps went prem

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It will be on until the 15th so if you already have Premium you can give it a look to see if it runs. I'll certainly be casting a critical eye over it to see if I should keep my pre-order open...

Thank Post
    Same, I'll be playing this evening (access through BF3 Premium). I'll see how well my rig runs it (shouldn't have any issues) and will help me decide if I order BF4 or not. I am certainly looking forward to watching the skyscraper fall.

Thank Post
    Heads about to explode...I cant for the life of me get it to play in full screen...it just goes to a oversized window filled with nothing

Edit: Found the cause...having Teamviewer running stops it opening full screen...which is weird
    Last edited by HaleStorm; 1st October 2013 at 08:32 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Heads about to explode...I cant for the life of me get it to play in full screen...it just goes to a oversized window filled with nothing

Edit: Found the cause...having Teamviewer running stops it opening full screen...which is weird
    So what's the verdict?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My verdict is this...you need a PC. Xbox 360 works fine, but PC required for epicness. Map is cool. But controls are different, they need to allow customisation on console. I went to spot someone and the battlelog came up!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    PC is most stable at the moment although Battlelog is dropping matches left and right. I've "unlocked" the Stinger multiple times now and it lost my 26-2 Heli killing spree.

If you play B4 Beta, you must use the newest beta graphics card drivers as they greatly improve the fidelity and stability of the game. Framerate, visibility and overall quality jumped considerably for me and my clan. We did find that the highest texture settings use a whopping 2.5GB of VRAM and you also need a DX11 card.

There's quite a few differences too. Armour and helis now have a new ammo system that trickles ammo into your reserve over time. If you blow all your shells in a short space of time you will need to wait around with an empty weapon for your reserve to fill up and allow you to reload. Best to get used to secondary weapons! You can also auto-lean, simply stand with you gun pointed at the corner and it tilts in the direction you will lean when you ADS. Make use of it! Also works for popping up over low cover when crouching.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    PC is most stable at the moment although Battlelog is dropping matches left and right. I've "unlocked" the Stinger multiple times now and it lost my 26-2 Heli killing spree.

If you play B4 Beta, you must use the newest beta graphics card drivers as they greatly improve the fidelity and stability of the game. Framerate, visibility and overall quality jumped considerably for me and my clan. We did find that the highest texture settings use a whopping 2.5GB of VRAM and you also need a DX11 card.

There's quite a few differences too. Armour and helis now have a new ammo system that trickles ammo into your reserve over time. If you blow all your shells in a short space of time you will need to wait around with an empty weapon for your reserve to fill up and allow you to reload. Best to get used to secondary weapons! You can also auto-lean, simply stand with you gun pointed at the corner and it tilts in the direction you will lean when you ADS. Make use of it! Also works for popping up over low cover when crouching.
    No surprises with the dropped games and unlocks not being stored, I had similar issues with the BF3 beta. The leaning sounds like it could be really useful. Not sure what to think about the new ammo system.

I think I will have to finally replace my GTX280. It sounds like it will keel over and die with everything on max!
    Last edited by Rawns; 2nd October 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post

Sounds like they're moving into the Arma Era. WOOOOOT!

However, on a side note, 2.5gb vram!? What ze fuddddddleeeeessss! Time to buy a new gfx i think.

Auto Lean seems a bit, unskilled. You'd be able to anticipate people leaning out to shoot, or half the beginners would stay in that position until you pop your head out, easy sniper kills.

Look forward to killing sprees!

P.s. @CAM Heli noooooob! NOOOOOOB! Get some skill lol

Thank Post
    Been tempted to get BF4, just not so tempted by the price on origin!

Thank Post
    I can run it on high in 1080p at around 40fps.....so hopefully when i get a decent GPU it will be awesome.....the gameplay itself is very good, added little things that make it a much better experience IMHO (such as auto corner peaking when you aim near the edge of a building)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast