+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, BF4: Beta Starts Today! in Fun Stuff; I couldn't even get voice comms working. And Paracel Storm last night was utterly dire, that was some of the ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't even get voice comms working. And Paracel Storm last night was utterly dire, that was some of the worst ever FPS action I have seen. Either spawn as infantry and get destroyed by a boat or spawn in a boat and die immediately to another boat or aircraft.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I couldn't even get voice comms working. And Paracel Storm last night was utterly dire, that was some of the worst ever FPS action I have seen. Either spawn as infantry and get destroyed by a boat or spawn in a boat and die immediately to another boat or aircraft.
    The prison level was awful too. Most of our team were just fannying around and not pushing forward to the centre at the start. Most people were blocking doorways too or generally too slow so when we got there, we were over run and battered back. As soon as you loose the centre, you get pushed back to spawn. We did a good job at holding them back on the outside for a bit, but as soon as they got a mortar deployed, it was murder.

The amount of times @Sunnyknight was saying "OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE!" in chat was great!
    Last edited by Rawns; 5th November 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    The prison level was awful too. Most of our team were just fannying around and not pushing forward to the centre at the start. Most people were blocking doorways too or generally too slow so when we got there, we were over run and battered back. As soon as you loose the centre, you get pushed back to spawn. We did a good job at holding them back on the outside for a bit, but as soon as they got a mortar deployed, it was murder.

The amount of times @Sunnyknight was saying "OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE!" in chat was great!
    Lol.... you and cam made me laugh.... I was watching your score and loling... mega rq xD

Also.... NO ONE LISTENS. OUTSIDE YOU IDIOTS.... OUTSIDE!!! lol funny times. I did fine though.... some nice scores lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Lol.... you and cam made me laugh.... I was watching your score and loling... mega rq xD

Also.... NO ONE LISTENS. OUTSIDE YOU IDIOTS.... OUTSIDE!!! lol funny times. I did fine though.... some nice scores lol
    I did better when I was on the other team, went outside and gunned down about 8 people before I was found nested in the rocks, even with just a pistol! :P

Enjoying it more than 3 already, loved the sniping on Paracel Storm last night, especially once we found an engineer who started taking out anything and everything we marked.

Thank Post
    It's so buggy, played a few games at the weekend and only managed one map where me and my mate got to the end of the match without it bombing out. Most common one seems to be the audio starts repeating then the game freezes, also had random disconnects mid-game, causing you to lose all points from that round

The one game we did complete was quality, pushed towards a lost Conquest point with tickets at about 70-120 then turned it round and won at the last

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    I did better when I was on the other team, went outside and gunned down about 8 people before I was found nested in the rocks, even with just a pistol! :P

Enjoying it more than 3 already, loved the sniping on Paracel Storm last night, especially once we found an engineer who started taking out anything and everything we marked.
    Ohhhhhhh it's like that now. I seeee how it is. Fine. Be on the enemy team and face the wrath of a 338 recon.

That engi was the bees butts. The number if helis and boats that came for us was shocking. Range finder.... or what you call thermal vision (don't anyone ask) is a neat tool as I said. Thermal vision..... im still laughing lol.... @gshaw join us. No timeouts here!
    Last edited by Sunnyknight; 5th November 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Thank Post
    I admit I did have a bit of rage with my shocking score (1 kill, 14 deaths?!), but I did hold out until the end of the round. None of this pansy arse quitting out mid game to wipe the scores!

Think I'll put sniping on hold for a bit and roll as an engineer for now. It's all I played as in the beta and loved it! Just be sure to keep hold of your range fingers!
    Last edited by Rawns; 5th November 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Tell me about it, I went 10 for 3 or something like that and finished 16/17, just kept getting spawn pinned in the prison.. don't think I like that map :P

I'm keeping my Personal Laser Designator (that's right, I looked it up) with me on all recon loadouts though, it's not just good for anti-vehicle, but the thermal side of it means I can see people in the water and in buildings, then tag 'em and bag 'em.. shame it's a low magnification though

Thank Post
    Tell me about it, I went 10 for 3 or something like that and finished 16/17, just kept getting spawn pinned in the prison.. don't think I like that map :P

I'm keeping my Personal Laser Designator (that's right, I looked it up) with me on all recon loadouts though, it's not just good for anti-vehicle, but the thermal side of it means I can see people in the water and in buildings, then tag 'em and bag 'em.. shame it's a low magnification though
    Used it constantly in the Beta after the skyrise was brought down. Spotting through the dust then nailing head shots was seriously satisfying!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm an appauling sniper, so assault/engineer/support all the way for me.
    @ZeroHour and I had an epic run on sunday night, also found an operation locker server that lead to some seriously hairy moments.

Also a 4 man boat squad can be seriously wrecking on Paracel Storm...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have just finished unlocking all the grenades and nearly got all assault rifles too (single player gets you some cool weapons).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I have just finished unlocking all the grenades and nearly got all assault rifles too (single player gets you some cool weapons).
    Interesting, did not know playing SP unlocks MP weapons.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It does...there are various collectable items in SP...dogtags and weapons...play on hard, complete campaign ad it unlocks 7 of the weapons (provided you beat the target scores), re-run on easy, pick up the remaining dog tags and collectables...total of 28 to collect

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Mission 1 - gets you M412 REX
    Mission 5 - gets you a Shank (great fun watching that one)
    Mission 6 - gets you a machete
    Mission 7 Ending 1 - gets you QBZ-95-1
    Mission 7 Ending 2 - gets you P90
    Mission 7 Ending 3 - gets you M249

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I may have dropped an AC-130 round on your head....

Also has anyone worked out if the 4th boat spot can be used for repairs? I tried and can get the flash with the repair tool by pointing at the railing but no repair happened.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast