+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, BF4: Beta Starts Today! in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by CAM Now I'm banned from the forums for stepping on a moderator's toes. LOL. What processor, OS ...
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Now I'm banned from the forums for stepping on a moderator's toes. LOL.

What processor, OS and card are you using? I'm on nvidia GTX760 and a i5 processor. Win 8.1
    In my sig

Again, WHO ARE YOU lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    I'm agreeing with you in-fact that the game should have been thoroughly tested before hand, but seriously, nowadays, which company does test the game before release? As i said mate, just give it a few weeks, and it'll be all good.
    Stop.

These bugs WERE found by QA. And ignored by the devs because it needed to go gold by a certain time, they just couldn't be bothered to fix it or simply that they never expected people to trigger it from normal gameplay.

QA are overworked, underpaid and definately not appreciated by studio. They don't need it from fans as well.

If you're going to blame someone, blame EA.

Thank Post
    A nice mini session sunny. Think we gave them a hell of a bashing. My sniper style is "unique"...
    I like the sniper rifles in this game but use them as a assault weapon, hence crazy running and charging in!

Also a good bit of vrs action too. Glad I've got your tags in my collection!

Cam. Same issue for me too. Sound cuts out for most things in game on various levels but gun sounds remain, they usually all come back. Servers do crash a bit too often too. Happens at key events. Example, siege of Shanghai, game crashes out when the sky rise is brought down. Happens about 80% of the time for me and mates. Once it did not crash but the full 64 man server dropped to about 12 people on it.
    Last edited by Rawns; 3rd November 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 821 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On the front page of battlelog right now:

WE HAVE IDENTIFIED AN ISSUE WHERE THE GAME SERVER WILL CRASH AND DISCONNECT PLAYERS. WE HAVE A FIX IN PROGRESS. WE ARE ROLLING OUT A PC FIX FOR THE JOIN QUEUE.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @Sunnyknight: Rikevfox

They are pushing stability fixes out server side but that doesn't help the sound loop crash that hits me every game. Judging by the state of the forums at the moment, it is a very common occurrence.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Stop.

These bugs WERE found by QA. And ignored by the devs because it needed to go gold by a certain time, they just couldn't be bothered to fix it or simply that they never expected people to trigger it from normal gameplay.

QA are overworked, underpaid and definately not appreciated by studio. They don't need it from fans as well.

If you're going to blame someone, blame EA.
    True. I will change my statement to fdsjhdfskjdfshdfskjhdfskjdshdsjhdfsqwiowqudas EA! Make of that what you will. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    A nice mini session sunny. Think we gave them a hell of a bashing. My sniper style is "unique"...
    I like the sniper rifles in this game but use them as a assault weapon, hence crazy running and charging in!

Also a good bit of vrs action too. Glad I've got your tags in my collection!

Cam. Same issue for me too. Sound cuts out for most things in game on various levels but gun sounds remain, they usually all come back. Servers do crash a bit too often too. Happens at key events. Example, siege of Shanghai, game crashes out when the sky rise is brought down. Happens about 80% of the time for me and mates. Once it did not crash but the full 64 man server dropped to about 12 people on it.
    Not talking to you now Rawns. That was supposed to stay between us... LUCKY ASS KNIFE! lol Forgot my tugs

Get session though, made me laugh a good few times.... LOOK LEFT... LEFT RAWNS LEFT! lol

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    @Sunnyknight: Rikevfox

They are pushing stability fixes out server side but that doesn't help the sound loop crash that hits me every game. Judging by the state of the forums at the moment, it is a very common occurrence.
    Oh... HEYYYYY lol

Thank Post
    "Update #4 (Nov 4): Fix for the most common server crash:

We've now rolled out a new server update (R6) across all platforms. The update included a confirmed fix for the most common server crash

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065218168644803/"

Also seems the server queues should now be working. They appear to be working on a client patch too to get a few issues addressed. No ETA yet. Anyone played today who can confirm crashes are reduced/resolved?

Thank Post
    "Update #4 (Nov 4): Fix for the most common server crash:

We've now rolled out a new server update (R6) across all platforms. The update included a confirmed fix for the most common server crash

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065218168644803/"

Also seems the server queues should now be working. They appear to be working on a client patch too to get a few issues addressed. No ETA yet. Anyone played today who can confirm crashes are reduced/resolved?
    @CAM tryyyy iiiittttt. If it all works out, I have another head I can shoot off!

Also... prawns you up for another round today?

Thank Post
    @CAM tryyyy iiiittttt. If it all works out, I have another head I can shoot off!

Also... prawns you up for another round today?

Indeed I am Sunny D. Gym after work, followed by dinner. Then BF carnage with some l33t sniping skillz.

Anyone had any "Only in Battlefield" moments yet? Managed to snip a chopper pilot mid flight while he and his mate were battering the sky-rise on Shanghai. The chopper gunner did not notice until it fell into the side of the building killing him!
    Last edited by Rawns; 4th November 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I managed to jump off shanghai hotel, parachute down with the obliteration bomb, only to clip the edge of another building, which meant jumping again, and re-deploying the parachute, and then as I landed I was run over by the enemy tank.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I managed to jump off shanghai hotel, parachute down with the obliteration bomb, only to clip the edge of another building, which meant jumping again, and re-deploying the parachute, and then as I landed I was run over by the enemy tank.
    Hahaha! Not really a 'positive' Battlefield moment!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nope...best positive moment I had was 8 knife kills in a row, each one giving me a new tag...lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Nope...best positive moment I had was 8 knife kills in a row, each one giving me a new tag...lol
    I've had that a couple of times. Think 5 was the most I've ever got in a row. I was lucky though as there was a sniper and medic. I knifed the medic then another squad member spawned on the sniper! They stopped spawning on him in the end and I managed to finish him off too.

Thank Post
    Indeed I am Sunny D. Gym after work, followed by dinner. Then BF carnage with some l33t sniping skillz.

Anyone had any "Only in Battlefield" moments yet? Managed to snip a chopper pilot mid flight while he and his mate were battering the sky-rise on Shanghai. The chopper gunner did not notice until it fell into the side of the building killing him!
    Kewl.

Yeah I had a moment. 1000m+ sniper shot kill on paracel storm. Nuff said. Lol

Thank Post
    Kewl.

Yeah I had a moment. 1000m+ sniper shot kill on paracel storm. Nuff said. Lol
    During the storm I take it?

Also, on a side note, if anyone has a tablet, get hold of the BF4 App. At the moment, it is another thing that does not quite work fully yet, but when it does, you can have a live mini-map of the server your playing on running on your tablet. Could prove to be very useful methinks!

You can also customise your load out at any time, 'squeee' over your stats, look at leaderboards etc etc. Slightly less useful, you can fire your game up remotely and connect to servers.

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/batt...505311163?mt=8
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.ea.bf3bl.bv
    Last edited by Rawns; 4th November 2013 at 04:40 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast