+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
Gaming Thread, BF4: Beta Starts Today! in Fun Stuff; I'm done with this game until they fix server crashes. Twice.... 60+ kills, 18- deaths.... server crashes.... 40 kills, -7 ...
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    I'm done with this game until they fix server crashes. Twice.... 60+ kills, 18- deaths.... server crashes.... 40 kills, -7 deaths.... server crashes.... f this game to hell lol

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    So much for it being a "We're sorry" unlock. What if people can't play a game today? They will just miss out?
    Doesn't matter now, they broke it!

Apparently it needs a server update which they didn't push through before the day. So people logged in yesterday, nothing. Reddit claims that a developer had to look at why it was failing and a DICE employee made a post in a random complaints thread it needed a patch. So the apology for the game breaking was broken and wasn't distributed, neither was there an official announcement last night!

Not that it matters, my game with Sunny crashed anyway. Gave up and went back to watching Farscape.

Thank Post

BF4: Beta Starts Today!

http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/12...eld-game-2014/

Looks like the DICE department might be sacked.

Ever since bad company 2 when I started playing they have supposedly been to blame so a happy goodbye from me.
    I've played a few games on release day inc the new gt6 and although some still a bit of work most have been playable but every bf game has had massive errors.

Frankieonpc did a really good video the other day called you suav bro. In It he said that some pc errors are down to all the different hardware but there is one weapon on the xbox one (or ps3) that when you fire you crash the game, no hardware excuses for this, that is just poor testing.

I'm no software engineer since my Uni days but back then we learnt the basics and advanced bit of testing and even the basic testing should cover that a gun can fire and cause damage.
    Last edited by dany2010; 8th December 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Problem is...EA rushed the development. Dice did say that bf4 shouldnt have been released until around January/February as there were too many bugs. It was EA that pushed them for the release, so they did. Now they are getting the flack. EA pushed Dice for a pre christmas release to maximise sales, but in doing so, they forced Dice to release a product that wasnt ready.

Dice said that BF4 had problems with levelution, in that aside from shanghai, every map lags with the levelution being done. Example, operation locker, you bring down the gun tower in the game, and you lag out no matter where you are because it causes issues. Other issues were clipping issues (eg running to a fence panel, ir not showing up but still stops you from moving forward), frame issues (1 hit kills registering a bullet over 2-3 frames causing a 1 shot kill) among others.

They also said about 5he veterans pack which should have registered immediately but had to be pulled because development wasnt done on it. EA knowingly pressed the issue and now Dice, not EA will get the blame.

I kind of hope dice do throw in the towel with EA and release their own titles. They clearly can do great work Bad company 1, 2 and BF3). They just need to not get pushed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    I'm done with this game until they fix server crashes. Twice.... 60+ kills, 18- deaths.... server crashes.... 40 kills, -7 deaths.... server crashes.... f this game to hell lol
    Same for me plus local crashes as well "Battlefield 4 has stopped working"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    DICE Won't Be Developing Another Battlefield Game In 2014

Looks like the DICE department might be sacked.

Ever since bad company 2 when I started playing they have supposedly been to blame so a happy goodbye from me.
    I've played a few games on release day inc the new gt6 and although some still a bit of work most have been playable but every bf game has had massive errors.

Frankieonpc did a really good video the other day called you suav bro. In It he said that some pc errors are down to all the different hardware but there is one weapon on the xbox one (or ps3) that when you fire you crash the game, no hardware excuses for this, that is just poor testing.

I'm no software engineer since my Uni days but back then we learnt the basics and advanced bit of testing and even the basic testing should cover that a gun can fire and cause damage.
    Hate EA, SO much.... but i can't resist buying their games even though i know they'll be broke for a good few months.

I wish another company would just overshoot them and blow them to hell.

As you said, Dice can make brilliant BF games when given the time and space, and if i was the Dice director, i'd fire back in a press release at EA (once they're leaving that is).

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This is a company that has been making efforts to sabotage an entire platform due to a grudge so they can stick it as far as I am concerned! BF4 could have been great but they wanted it out early and now DICE are paying the price.

No more EA games. No more. Titanfall is a no, next BF is a no, BF4 Premium is a no and whatever they come up with next is a no. I've had enough of them and their bullyboy double dip tactics.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dice will probably go their own route and make their own games, and will be a huge hit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    This is a company that has been making efforts to sabotage an entire platform due to a grudge so they can stick it as far as I am concerned! BF4 could have been great but they wanted it out early and now DICE are paying the price.

No more EA games. No more. Titanfall is a no, next BF is a no, BF4 Premium is a no and whatever they come up with next is a no. I've had enough of them and their bullyboy double dip tactics.
    RAWR!!!! You tell em cowboy!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Yea! Fight the power Sunny....oh....wait......

hdJLQlL.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries

hdJLQlL.jpg
    Lol. Reminds me of the anti-CoD group on Steam where nearly everyone was playing it.

Thank Post

hdJLQlL.jpg
    What can i say...

It magically fixed itself over night!

That... or the 300mb and 800mb patch they bought out..... i wonder which....

Thank Post
    Well it took me over an hour to get into a game last night...everytime I tried to get into a game the blue bar at the bottom of the screen got stuck on "joining"...and then after numerous attempts and an hour of getting annoyed all of a sudden it worked...stupid EA

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Well it took me over an hour to get into a game last night...everytime I tried to get into a game the blue bar at the bottom of the screen got stuck on "joining"...and then after numerous attempts and an hour of getting annoyed all of a sudden it worked...stupid EA
    Sorry @HaleStorm, took a while to register you were on our squad! I was on my Teamspeak server initially with some other mates, and then Beetle was on and left the game before you joined. Cam joined so I just stayed on there.

Some very hit and miss games last night.

Thank Post
    When I did get into game I wish I hadn't bothered, had some REALLY poor scores....one match I think I only got 3 kills total

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread