+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Steam Trade Offers in Fun Stuff; Just realised this was added, I wasn't clicking on the Trade button that appeared on the badges page because I ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Steam Trade Offers

Just realised this was added, I wasn't clicking on the Trade button that appeared on the badges page because I thought it would launch a live trade window.

If you click on the double arrows next to a card that you want, it will launch a trade window but it will be a Trade Offer instead. These work just like the trade window except you can pick an item from a friend's inventory and an item from your own and send them an offer via notifications instead of chat. So you can send offers to people offline or who are busy playing games (or just can't be bothered to annoy on Steam over silly virtual cards ).

Then your friend either rejects or accepts the offer. They can also make a counter-offer by amending it and sending it back to you if you have something they really want.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Just realised this was added, I wasn't clicking on the Trade button that appeared on the badges page because I thought it would launch a live trade window.

If you click on the double arrows next to a card that you want, it will launch a trade window but it will be a Trade Offer instead. These work just like the trade window except you can pick an item from a friend's inventory and an item from your own and send them an offer via notifications instead of chat. So you can send offers to people offline or who are busy playing games (or just can't be bothered to annoy on Steam over silly virtual cards ).

Then your friend either rejects or accepts the offer. They can also make a counter-offer by amending it and sending it back to you if you have something they really want.
    Sounds good. A few people have asked me about trading before and I've been in mid-game. Then when I come off,I forget or they've gone offline!

Thank Post
    Realistically with places like the Outpost going so strong I knew they'd add this sort of feature sooner or later.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread