Poll: Which should I buy?

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, 3DS vs Vita in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Gatt Why buy a 3D device only to turn off the 3D feature? *SNIP* Though I have ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Why buy a 3D device only to turn off the 3D feature?

*SNIP*

Though I have to agree about the style of the 2DS - why remove the hinge? Too big and clunky...
    Answered your own question

Quote Originally Posted by alexbillbridgnorth View Post
    If you're a PC gamer why don't you sell your desktop and buy a gaming laptop that's light to carry around like the new 14" Razer Blade laptop. Never thought small handheld consoles where any good and I got sick and tired of the small screen used to give me neck ache as a kid lol
    Just... no. lol. There's a big difference between my PC which I can upgrade when I see fit and an (IMO) overpriced laptop that loses value faster than a new car. There's also a big difference between getting out a Vita/3DS on the bus/train and a stonking big noisy heat generating battery devouring laptop... I know you're only trying to help but it's a no go for me
    Last edited by LosOjos; 8th January 2014 at 11:14 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    The 3DS does 3D differently than TVs, you may be able to actually use it.
    Afraid not - Got my son a 3DS for Christmas and its all still fuzzy to me till I turn it to 2D

Trouble I have is my right eye is "lazy" and points roughly 45 degrees to the right - so no matter how hard I try I cannot get both eyes to align properly for 3D visuals to happen.

Great for seeing people trying to sneak up behind me on my right though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Not really - I wouldn't go out and buy a 3D TV and then turn the 3D off on it - I'd buy a "normal" TV that didnt have 3D. Same goes for the 3DS and 2DS. I am not paying extra for something I'll never be able to use..

Aesthetics, on the other hand, are a completely different issue...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Afraid not - Got my son a 3DS for Christmas and its all still fuzzy to me till I turn it to 2D
    Ah, fair enough.

It took me a while to get used to it. I was surprised the first time I felt like things were jumping out at me. [the floaty stuff near the entrance to the Lost Woods in OoT.]

Thank Post
    I don't find the 2DS clunky :P I actually find it more sturdy as the screen doesn't come loose overtime...

Thank Post
    Not really - I wouldn't go out and buy a 3D TV and then turn the 3D off on it - I'd buy a "normal" TV that didnt have 3D. Same goes for the 3DS and 2DS. I am not paying extra for something I'll never be able to use..

Aesthetics, on the other hand, are a completely different issue...
    It's not totally about the aesthetics with the 2DS for me, it's the practicality. I find it's size and shape awkward, so would rather pay the extra 50 for a machine I find more comfortable to use even if I don't use the 3D - it's personal taste.

Thank Post
    Decided to check out how much Guacamelee is on the PS Store - free with PS+ right now

I have to say, the quality of the PS+ games is astounding, it's almost worth keeping the Vita just for that...

Thank Post
    Decided to check out how much Guacamelee is on the PS Store - free with PS+ right now

I have to say, the quality of the PS+ games is astounding, it's almost worth keeping the Vita just for that...
    It's well worth the 40 a year for what you get - even if you only have one of the formats. I've got a couple of PS3s and a Vita so I really get my money's worth.

Not sure about the releases next month - I think I read somewhere that Bioshock Infinite was on PS3 for one of them, but I can't find the source.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    It's well worth the 40 a year for what you get - even if you only have one of the formats. I've got a couple of PS3s and a Vita so I really get my money's worth.

Not sure about the releases next month - I think I read somewhere that Bioshock Infinite was on PS3 for one of them, but I can't find the source.
    It seems you're correct (I can't access PS+ website at work, but this official YouTube video agrees with you)

Only watched the video after posting - Worms on Vita! Two games I wanted in one month - yeah I think I'll stick with the Vita, it'll save me a fortune in the long run!
    Last edited by LosOjos; 9th January 2014 at 01:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Oh and good call on Guacamelee BTW - just got past the first "boss" (in the Rain Temple), got to love that Mario Bros. reference

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Becareful, Not sure if that's for the US version of PS+. Here's the current (January) line up for the UK:

PS4:
    Resogun
    Don't Starve

PS3:
    DMC: Devil May Cry
    Remember Me
    XCom: Enemy Uknown
    Guacamalee
    Little Big Planet Karting
    Borderlands 2
    Uncharted 3

PS Vita:
    Soul Sacrafice
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Blazblue Quantum Shift Extended
    GTA: Liberty City Stories

PlayStation Plus in January: DmC, Soul Sacrifice, Borderlands 2, more – PlayStation.Blog.Europe
    PlayStation Plus

I've been a subscriber for almost 2 year now. Fantastic value for money. I've gotten some very, very good PS3 games (Red Dead, Batman Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Burnout Paradise, and more).

Be a couple of weeks till we find out what the Feb line up changes are. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to PS4 next. Maybe if Bioshock Infinite is on US Plus this month we'll get it next month?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Becareful, Not sure if that's for the US version of PS+. Here's the current (January) line up for the UK:

PS4:
    Resogun
    Don't Starve

PS3:
    DMC: Devil May Cry
    Remember Me
    XCom: Enemy Uknown
    Guacamalee
    Little Big Planet Karting
    Borderlands 2
    Uncharted 3

PS Vita:
    Soul Sacrafice
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Blazblue Quantum Shift Extended
    GTA: Liberty City Stories

PlayStation Plus in January: DmC, Soul Sacrifice, Borderlands 2, more – PlayStation.Blog.Europe
    PlayStation Plus

I've been a subscriber for almost 2 year now. Fantastic value for money. I've gotten some very, very good PS3 games (Red Dead, Batman Arkham City, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Burnout Paradise, and more).

Be a couple of weeks till we find out what the Feb line up changes are. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to PS4 next. Maybe if Bioshock Infinite is on US Plus this month we'll get it next month?
    That's the one thing I dislike about it, it seems like a bit of a minefield finding out what you can get, on the Vita especially it's not obvious (having said that, it looks like they've started listing games under the PS+ section now, that's how I found Guacamelee)

That list you put up for instance is lacking Guacamelee on Vita which I know for a fact is available - I've just been playing it

EDIT: likewise, if you go to the PS+ section on https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com it doesn't list Contrast (PS4) but it is still a free PS+ game. There must be some way of finding a definitive list? I've just added Don't Starve, Contrast and Resogun so that when I do get a PS4, I'll have a few games off the bat
    Last edited by LosOjos; 9th January 2014 at 01:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I listed Guacamalee under PS3 because that's how it's listed on their website. Probably a Cross-Play title so both PS3 and Vita owners get it. When they do the updates the games don't appear under PS+ straight away for some reason. But searching the store usually turns them up with a free download link.

Never had a problem working out what you get. The EU Blog, linked above, is pretty good at giving a heads up at whats coming and whats going and on which days.

Thank Post
    Oh and good call on Guacamelee BTW - just got past the first "boss" (in the Rain Temple), got to love that Mario Bros. reference
    The boss that isn't a boss? I died like three times there, first game I'd played and was still getting used to the sticks, caused me to swap to D-Pad for the rest of the game. The references in that game are amazing, there's posters in the village advertising "Los Casa Crashers" that gave me a good chuckle.

You been to the combo trainer yet?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    The boss that isn't a boss? I died like three times there, first game I'd played and was still getting used to the sticks, caused me to swap to D-Pad for the rest of the game. The references in that game are amazing, there's posters in the village advertising "Los Casa Crashers" that gave me a good chuckle.

You been to the combo trainer yet?
    Yeah the boss that I died a couple of times trying to fight... lol.

Yeah the combo trainer was very useful actually, one of the few examples of a game forcing me to do a "side quest" that was actually necessary, I think I'd have been screwed in the temple if I hadn't seen that first.

I'm enjoying the humour in game too, although I think that epilieptic fit warning needs to be bigger and more definitie - learning a new move? I nearly had a fit!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast