+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, H-Hour (New SOCOM) in Fun Stuff; H-Hour is a kickstarter-backed project to create the spiritual successor to SOCOM: H-Hour: World's Elite - SOFs Are any edugeekers ...
    Thank Post

Thumbs up H-Hour (New SOCOM)

H-Hour is a kickstarter-backed project to create the spiritual successor to SOCOM: H-Hour: World's Elite - SOFs

Are any edugeekers on here old-time SOCOM players? I'm talking 10 years ago on SOCOM I then SOCOM II - back in the PS2 central station online days, where you actually had to fit an adapter yourself to play online!
    SOCOM was the defining online shooter that, IMO kicked off online shooters on consoles. SOCOM 1 & 2 were simply amazing online.

I've put $150 into H-Hour, has anyone else backed this game or looking at buying it when it's released? I can't wait!

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Socom.... omfg!

You legend! I totally forgot about this game! I could only get so far, before being piddled off... it was the part when you beat a boss or something, and you have to go into the train station and stop all the bombs? JESUS! THAT WAS HARD!

May look into this immediately if it's like for like!

+rep!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Socom.... omfg!

You legend! I totally forgot about this game! I could only get so far, before being piddled off... it was the part when you beat a boss or something, and you have to go into the train station and stop all the bombs? JESUS! THAT WAS HARD!

May look into this immediately if it's like for like!

+rep!
    I've been a "hardcore" fan for a while now, following the series over the last 10 years - SOCOM 2 was the last great one, they went rapidly down hill from there.

David Sears was the director for 1 & 2 and left Zipper interactive because he didn't like the direction they were taking with SOCOM 3. Now David Sears and Russ Phillips (the guy who made the maps on 1 & 2) are back and bringing us H-Hour: World's Elite - It's the closest thing to a real SOCOM we're ever going to get, and I have faith in them. If you have a look around their site/forums there is a lot of optimism around the game and they seem to really be listening to the community

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread