Poll: Which console would you choose?

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 or BOX One (or Wii U) in Fun Stuff; OK the dawn of the next generation of consoles is nearly upon us, so given the choice and information we ...
    Thank Post

Cool PS4 or BOX One (or Wii U)

OK the dawn of the next generation of consoles is nearly upon us, so given the choice and information we have so far what would you choose:

• Sony Playstation 4

• Microsoft XBox One

• Nintendo WiiU

A tricky one that!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Already made my choice! I'll probably be the only person voting Wii-U...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,007 Posts
    I think you need a few more options.

• PS4 and Xbox One
    • Valve's Steambox
    • None

Personally, I am going to stick with my PC.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PC.

Out of the consoles, only the Wii U is interesting.

Xbone is out because of what Microsoft tried to pull. I don't trust them not to just reverse it in 6 months.

Sony is partially out because of the way they're pushing social.

Both are out because they charge for multiplayer. I don't play online much, so in the month I pay for I'd be online for a few days. Not worth it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Already made my choice! I'll probably be the only person voting Wii-U...
    Yep I was with you on that one for ages right up until it's release date but since the release of WiiU I have vehemently decided against it (for a number of reasons).

TBH I am content to be a PeeCee gamer and won't get any of the 'new' consoles... but, if the push came to shove then I would choose the EggBox One. :-P

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    Yep I was with you on that one for ages right up until it's release date but since the release of WiiU I have vehemently decided against it (for a number of reasons).

TBH I am content to be a PeeCee gamer and won't get any of the 'new' consoles... but, if the push came to shove then I would choose the EggBox One. :-P
    I am a PC gamer but i gravitate towards it because it is ideal for occasional use (as @X-13 says). Also because it has a small and somewhat picky community which is why publishers are falling flat on their face when they release crap ports and wonder why they flop once word of mouth spreads quickly!

Thank Post
    none cant see any games for any i really want only game i can see i want is gta 5 online it looks immense but thats for 360
    Last edited by sted; 16th August 2013 at 02:22 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    none cant see any games for any i really want only game i can see i want is gta 5 online it looks immense but thats for 360
    Yuh! Tell me 'bout it. I'm still waiting for a PeeCee port of Red Dead Redemption, the only other games I would love to be able to play on the PeeCee are the Forza Motorsports series.

I can still see the attraction of the WiiU, I have a couple of Nintendo DSs (DSi + 3DS) which see a lot of use, probably more that my PeeCee at times tbh. Ninty certainly have their fan-base but it's mainly been the 3DS/3DS XL which have propped them up - while the WiiU has been a terrible flop so far with the original Wii still outselling it, expensive games, and a poor lineup of really good titles.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlfaTech View Post
    Yuh! Tell me 'bout it. I'm still waiting for a PeeCee port of Red Dead Redemption, the only other games I would love to be able to play on the PeeCee are the Forza Motorsports series.

I can still see the attraction of the WiiU, I have a couple of Nintendo DSs (DSi + 3DS) which see a lot of use, probably more that my PeeCee at times tbh. Ninty certainly have their fan-base but it's mainly been the 3DS/3DS XL which have propped them up - while the WiiU has been a terrible flop so far with the original Wii still outselling it, expensive games, and a poor lineup of really good titles.
    i expect the wii u is like the wii and i cant remember when i last turned mine on

Thank Post
    Some gonna be some good console games: Destiny, The Division, MGS 5, MGO, Forza 5, TLOU2(it will), GT

With MS making such a shambles of the xboxone I trust MS about as far as I can throw them.

PS4 is cheaper, faster and going by the last gen it'll have the best exclusives.

Nintendo are a generation behind.

I'm not going to mention the PC because, well it's not a console, it doesn't have 8 year generation life cycles and it as good as the graphics card is expensive. Plus we've all got one. As much as it looks good (7970) I prefer a console in the living room, no KB needed and quieter. The PC is on a desk in another room when I want to play dayz/arma/planetside/shadowrun etc.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Some gonna be some good console games
    And the consoles are pretty much PCs, so PC should get them too.

[opinion]I'm not supporting a 3rd party developer making games for one console simply because that company paid the loads of money. [censored] these guys.

Thank Post
    I'm kind of tragic when it comes to consoles so I'll probably buy both a Xbone and PS4 If push came to shove and had to decide I'd probably go for a PS4 mainly because it's slightly cheaper and MS's quality control on launch hardware has been a bit suspect in the past.

I'm still not really interested in the Wii U yet mainly due to the lack of games. I bought a last gen Wii on the strength of the motion controller (and Zelda) but the touchscreen one with the Wii U doesn't have the same appeal to be honest and 3rd party devs seem to be on the verge of giving up on it. I worry the that games might dry up entirely in a year or so's time when the PS4/Xbone are out and devs decide it's too awkward or isn't worth the effort to port the games to the Wii U.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 17th August 2013 at 01:11 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    I'm still not really interested in the Wii U yet mainly due to the lack of games.
    It's a catch-22 situation.

People aren't buying wii u's because there aren't any games. There are no games because people aren't buying the console.

It doesn't help that companies like EA are lying about its power. [They claim it can't run the Fifa 14 engine... but it's being released on PS2.]

Thank Post
    Already got a wii u and ordered a Xbox one, Wii U is bit let down for me, i've owned every nintendo games console since the snes and thinking about trading the Wii U in, because of the lack of games to interest me, i was hopping the wii u could win me after the wii just never work properly for me, only hope the zelda games are really good and Mario world 3D.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There are some good titles on the way, though many of them are sequels. A few on my shopping list though:

- The Wonderful 101. It's a somewhat tongue in cheek cheesy superhero err...crowd game--I don't know what genre it is but it looks whacked out and fun.
    - I always end up picking up Smash Bros.
    - Watchdogs if the publisher doesn't gut the WiiU version.
    - And curious enough to see what COD Ghosts is like on WiiU. I understand that remote aiming is quite a good control method once you get skilled at it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast