+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
Gaming Thread, Steam Summer Sale in Fun Stuff; Thanks all - think I'll be buying Borderlands 2 soon! So far, I've bought: - Hotline Miami (1.74) - Fez ...
  1. #16

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,185
    Thank Post
    1,285
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 730 Posts
    Rep Power
    658
    Thanks all - think I'll be buying Borderlands 2 soon!

    So far, I've bought:
    - Hotline Miami (1.74)
    - Fez (3.49)
    - Time Gentleman, Please! (0.29)
    - Deadlight + Soundtrack (2.99)
    - Chivalry (actually a gift from a friend)
    - Just Cause Bundle (4.19)

    Total spend so far this sale: 12.70

    Not too bad

  2. #17
    chazzy2501's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    1,723
    Thank Post
    206
    Thanked 254 Times in 206 Posts
    Rep Power
    65
    I purchased just cause 2 for 1.99 on Friday and have logged 9 hours already! Completed 2 missions I think

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    90
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    For Borderlands 2 it helps if you have played the first game as the storyline does carry on. You will miss a few jokes and the characters/story won't mean as much to you if you haven't. I would recommend looking at the Borderlands 1 Wiki and just look at the character biographies and story rather than actually playing it if you haven't already.

    Also find a friend to play it with, it's a decent game single player, it's an amazing game playing coop. If planning to buy it make sure to grab the season pass and Mechromancer and Psycho DLC (the other DLC is just costume fluff).

  4. #19

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,185
    Thank Post
    1,285
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 730 Posts
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    I purchased just cause 2 for 1.99 on Friday and have logged 9 hours already! Completed 2 missions I think
    Yeah I went for the bundle because I'm one of these people who likes to play a series from the start whenever I can - wish I hadn't, I'd forgotten how bad the first Just Cause is! You can't use the 360 pad with it either, bonkers considering it was on the 360 too!

  5. #20
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 487 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    For those who purchased Just Cause 2, I highly recommend you keep a close eye on this: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer

    The community has built multi-player into it with 1000 man servers!!! It's beta at the moment and they host beta weekends where you can join the servers. Then during the week, they review, develop and build it further. I've had a few games on it and it's really good fun!

    Features:

    - Scripting system using the simple but powerful Lua language. Use server-side and client-side scripts to create anything from a spawn menu to entire gamemodes.
    - Server browser allows you to easily find a server and keep track of your favorites.
    - Steam authentication: your JC2-MP account is tied to your steam account, which allows servers to keep track of players by Steam ID.
    - An optimised network streamer means a server can support thousands of players and vehicles across Panau.

    What's synced:

    - On-foot movement
    - On-foot weapons
    - Vehicle movement
    - Vehicle weapons
    - Vehicle mounted weapons (such as turrets in jeeps)
    - Vehicle spawns
    - Vehicle colors
    - Vehicle damage
    - Stunt position
    - Time
    - Weather
    - Character models

    What's not synced:

    - Fixed Mounted Guns (Cannon / Flak Cannon / Fixed Mini-Gun)
    - Parachute
    - Grappling hook
    - Persistent destroyed structures
    - Unoccupied vehicles
    - Thrown explosives and melee
    Last edited by Rawns; 15th July 2013 at 11:16 AM.

  6. #21

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    5,247
    Thank Post
    772
    Thanked 805 Times in 671 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'd forgotten how bad the first Just Cause is! You can't use the 360 pad with it either,
    Don't say that! It's on my "to be played when I've completed 100 other games first" list. Got JC2 free on PS+ a little while back and have been meaning to give JC1 a go on the XBox first. I admit, I did play it a bit and wasn't immediately taken by it - done the first prison break mission.

    Got to get through True Crimes first so I can play Sleeping Dogs. Played the first one but the second is on halt while I complete The Last of Us.

    There's just not enough time for all this!!!

  7. #22

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,185
    Thank Post
    1,285
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 730 Posts
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Don't say that! It's on my "to be played when I've completed 100 other games first" list. Got JC2 free on PS+ a little while back and have been meaning to give JC1 a go on the XBox first. I admit, I did play it a bit and wasn't immediately taken by it - done the first prison break mission.
    Apart from the fact it looks like a PS2 game, I'm just finding it all a bit half baked. I know it's supposed to be an over the top game but in the first mission for instance, you can literally stand in the middle of a courtyard surrounded by 20/30/40 armed guards and take them all out with a pistol. There seems to be absolutely no challenge (so far at least, I suppose it could just be an insanely easy first mission...)

  8. #23
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 487 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Also find a friend to play it with, it's a decent game single player, it's an amazing game playing coop. If planning to buy it make sure to grab the season pass and Mechromancer and Psycho DLC (the other DLC is just costume fluff).
    My mate has BL2 and loves it. Think he's lvl 57 but rolled a new charto play it through with me. Up to level 6 at the moment. The sheer number of guns in the game is mental!
    @LosOjos - Your welcome to join if your getting it soon?

  9. #24
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 487 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Apart from the fact it looks like a PS2 game, I'm just finding it all a bit half baked. I know it's supposed to be an over the top game but in the first mission for instance, you can literally stand in the middle of a courtyard surrounded by 20/30/40 armed guards and take them all out with a pistol. There seems to be absolutely no challenge (so far at least, I suppose it could just be an insanely easy first mission...)
    From what I remember, almost everyone hated JC1 when it was out and there was surprise when a sequel was announced. However, developers redeemed themselves with number 2 and it went down a storm.

  10. #25

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,185
    Thank Post
    1,285
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 730 Posts
    Rep Power
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    My mate has BL2 and loves it. Think he's lvl 57 but rolled a new charto play it through with me. Up to level 6 at the moment. The sheer number of guns in the game is mental!
    @LosOjos - Your welcome to join if your getting it soon?
    Yeah I may well have to take you up on that - although I have to stay off Steam (apart from checking I'm not missing anything in the sale of course!) for the next 2 weeks as I have a uni assignment in. I should have been working on it for the past 4 weeks but between bundlestars and this Steam sale, I've not looked at it once!

  11. #26

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    5,247
    Thank Post
    772
    Thanked 805 Times in 671 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    There seems to be absolutely no challenge (so far at least, I suppose it could just be an insanely easy first mission...)
    I remember escaping from the prision and then racing across the island with more cops on my tail than employed by the entire metropolitan police. I ran off into the forest and proceeded to get totally lost finding my way back to home base. That's where I left it as far as I remember.

    Like you, if JC2's is a good as everyone says it is, I've just got to play through JC1 one first.

  12. #27
    Yeo695's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 40 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    So I set out with plans to only spend $30 on the summer sale... With plans to only buy 3 games/dlc...































    I spent $121.11 on 13 games/dlc...

    It's only day 3.

  13. #28

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,130
    Thank Post
    1,434
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    365
    Spent exactly what I said I would.

    Skyrim add ons, complete set 8.

  14. #29
    Yeo695's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 40 Times in 9 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Spent exactly what I said I would.

    Skyrim add ons, complete set 8.

    I envy your self control during a steam sale.

  15. #30

    nephilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dunstable
    Posts
    11,130
    Thank Post
    1,434
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    365
    If I had more money, then I would have bought a LOT more.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. gog.com #NoDRM Summer Sale - Longest Day
    By sonofsanta in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st June 2013, 04:19 PM
  2. Steam Autumn Sale 2012!
    By Rawns in forum Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 26th November 2012, 11:56 PM
  3. Oh God No Not Again: Steam Summer Sale 2012
    By sonofsanta in forum Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th July 2012, 08:38 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11th July 2011, 02:03 PM
  5. Steam Holiday Sale
    By Fatmas in forum Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 02:27 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •