+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy 7 on Steam in Fun Stuff; VI was the best, (aka FF III in the USA) played that loads on my import snes...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    820
    Thank Post
    84
    Thanked 53 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    41
    VI was the best, (aka FF III in the USA) played that loads on my import snes

  2. #17


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,814
    Thank Post
    546
    Thanked 232 Times in 173 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    If it does, Pennance in FFX wins.
    We don't mention FFX. FFX didn't exist. Literally never happened.
    Terrible, terrible game. Stupid creature-catching minigame. Stupid football-throwing quiffy. Stupid spikey-haired blondie. Stupid foreigners making me have to hunt for books. Stupid underwater sports.
    Grumble grumble. I really really did not like it. I soldiered through it anyway, but by the time I got up to the Zanderkin (sp?) ruins I'd decided enough was enough. Didn't touch it since. Not entirely sure what it was that put me off.. But it was just.. Wrong.

    Sphere grid wasn't bad though. Could have been so much better better. Had lots of potential. If they'd have allowed 'branching out' (anyone played Path of Exile? Similar structure) then it would have been amazing.

  3. #18

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,004
    Thank Post
    508
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Sphere grid wasn't bad though. Could have been so much better better. Had lots of potential. If they'd have allowed 'branching out' (anyone played Path of Exile? Similar structure) then it would have been amazing.
    As in, dual/multi spec?

    It's possible. ATM, my black mage is becomming more warrior like and my white mage and rogue have embraced the dark arts.

    There's also the "international" grid that allows for a lot more customisation from the beginning.

  4. #19
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,401
    Thank Post
    116
    Thanked 114 Times in 79 Posts
    Rep Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    We don't mention FFX. FFX didn't exist. Literally never happened.
    Terrible, terrible game. Stupid creature-catching minigame. Stupid football-throwing quiffy. Stupid spikey-haired blondie. Stupid foreigners making me have to hunt for books. Stupid underwater sports.
    Grumble grumble. I really really did not like it. I soldiered through it anyway, but by the time I got up to the Zanderkin (sp?) ruins I'd decided enough was enough. Didn't touch it since. Not entirely sure what it was that put me off.. But it was just.. Wrong.

    Sphere grid wasn't bad though. Could have been so much better better. Had lots of potential. If they'd have allowed 'branching out' (anyone played Path of Exile? Similar structure) then it would have been amazing.
    Wow... bad day??? Ff7, ff9 , ffx

  5. #20


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,814
    Thank Post
    546
    Thanked 232 Times in 173 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Wow... bad day??? Ff7, ff9 , ffx
    9 was pretty good. Unfortunately I've not completed it, though. Vivi is awesome.
    7 I don't explicitly hate. I just really didn't get 'into it' when I played it in my yoof. Part of me wants to re-try (see also: Zelda games. Same story. Couldn't get 'into' them.) but part of me doesn't want to spend money on something I previously haven't enjoyed.
    10, however. No. Get out. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    As in, dual/multi spec?
    It's possible. ATM, my black mage is becomming more warrior like and my white mage and rogue have embraced the dark arts.
    There's also the "international" grid that allows for a lot more customisation from the beginning.
    I don't really know. I'll explain better. In PoE, it has a sphere-grid-like system where you can move from one skill to the next (such as +4 Agility, +8 Dodge, +x% better accuracy with Y weapon, etc), however let's say we have the following:

    +4 Agi >> +4 Agi >> +8 Dodge
    V
    +3% accuracy with daggers

    I could go from the +4 agi, take the next +4 agi and then the dodge, too. Now if I remember correctly, in FF10 I'd have to 'backtrack' across the 2 +4 agi's to take the +3% accuracy, using up points and really limiting character customisation. In PoE you don't. Since you already have that +4Agi you can just 'branch off' from it without wasting points hurdling skills to get 'back there'.. Making more sense?

  6. #21

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,182
    Thank Post
    1,285
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    Rep Power
    658
    I went off the FF series after IX. I just don't like this take on the Action RPG whereby battles happen in real time - give me good old fashioned turn based battles any day!

  7. #22

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,321
    Thank Post
    223
    Thanked 228 Times in 179 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    132
    Speaking of turn-based games, did anyone play lost oddessy on 360? I thought it was brilliant

  8. #23

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,004
    Thank Post
    508
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    I don't really know. I'll explain better. In PoE, it has a sphere-grid-like system where you can move from one skill to the next (such as +4 Agility, +8 Dodge, +x% better accuracy with Y weapon, etc), however let's say we have the following:

    +4 Agi >> +4 Agi >> +8 Dodge
    V
    +3% accuracy with daggers

    I could go from the +4 agi, take the next +4 agi and then the dodge, too. Now if I remember correctly, in FF10 I'd have to 'backtrack' across the 2 +4 agi's to take the +3% accuracy, using up points and really limiting character customisation. In PoE you don't. Since you already have that +4Agi you can just 'branch off' from it without wasting points hurdling skills to get 'back there'.. Making more sense?
    Ah, ok. I see what you mean.

    IIRC, FFX is 1 point to move 1 space forward [to an unactivated node] or 1 point per 4 nodes of backtracking.

    If you don't avoid fights, it isn't actually hard to get enough points. Plus, there are weapons that boost your EXP by an insane amount. [Triple overdrive + Triple EXP + Overdrive > EXP]

  9. #24


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    551
    Thank Post
    28
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Rep Power
    108
    FF IX > FF VII > FFX for me, X was the last Final Fantasy game I actually enjoyed, didn't like X-2.. thought it was a pointless idea. REALLY didn't like 13 either.

    As for the sphere grid from PoE @Garacesh Skilldrassil is mental. I got lost in it many times. Amazing levelling system though. I should really go back to t hat at some point.

  10. #25


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,814
    Thank Post
    546
    Thanked 232 Times in 173 Posts
    Rep Power
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    As for the sphere grid from PoE @Garacesh Skilldrassil is mental. I got lost in it many times. Amazing levelling system though. I should really go back to t hat at some point.
    How can you get lost? You can 'go back' and pick a new route to follow as many times as you like! I think it's brilliant. I'm stacking Dodge (even going as far as to get the 'If you wear gear with an armour value, it's irrelevant) perk to increase my dodge further (combining it with the pseudo-magical-armour just because I can). Then going for claws for dat lifesteal. Is good.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 5th July 2013 at 11:40 AM.

  11. #26
    HaleStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,032
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 164 Times in 144 Posts
    Rep Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    Speaking of turn-based games, did anyone play lost oddessy on 360? I thought it was brilliant
    ^^this

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy Online [XI] - Open Discussion
    By tarquel in forum Gaming
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 26th September 2011, 12:07 PM
  2. Portal free on STEAM until May 24th
    By TheLibrarian in forum Gaming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th May 2010, 09:00 AM
  3. Final Fantasy XIII
    By CHR1S in forum Gaming
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12th April 2010, 08:17 PM
  4. Final Fantasy on the iphone
    By neon in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12th March 2010, 05:30 PM
  5. Feeling like I'm finally getting on top of things
    By contink in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12th September 2007, 01:15 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •