+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, Final Fantasy 7 on Steam in Fun Stuff; VI was the best, (aka FF III in the USA) played that loads on my import snes...

Thank Post
    VI was the best, (aka FF III in the USA) played that loads on my import snes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    If it does, Pennance in FFX wins.
    We don't mention FFX. FFX didn't exist. Literally never happened.
    Terrible, terrible game. Stupid creature-catching minigame. Stupid football-throwing quiffy. Stupid spikey-haired blondie. Stupid foreigners making me have to hunt for books. Stupid underwater sports.
    Grumble grumble. I really really did not like it. I soldiered through it anyway, but by the time I got up to the Zanderkin (sp?) ruins I'd decided enough was enough. Didn't touch it since. Not entirely sure what it was that put me off.. But it was just.. Wrong.

Sphere grid wasn't bad though. Could have been so much better better. Had lots of potential. If they'd have allowed 'branching out' (anyone played Path of Exile? Similar structure) then it would have been amazing.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Sphere grid wasn't bad though. Could have been so much better better. Had lots of potential. If they'd have allowed 'branching out' (anyone played Path of Exile? Similar structure) then it would have been amazing.
    As in, dual/multi spec?

It's possible. ATM, my black mage is becomming more warrior like and my white mage and rogue have embraced the dark arts.

There's also the "international" grid that allows for a lot more customisation from the beginning.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    We don't mention FFX. FFX didn't exist. Literally never happened.
    Terrible, terrible game. Stupid creature-catching minigame. Stupid football-throwing quiffy. Stupid spikey-haired blondie. Stupid foreigners making me have to hunt for books. Stupid underwater sports.
    Grumble grumble. I really really did not like it. I soldiered through it anyway, but by the time I got up to the Zanderkin (sp?) ruins I'd decided enough was enough. Didn't touch it since. Not entirely sure what it was that put me off.. But it was just.. Wrong.

Wow... bad day??? Ff7, ff9 , ffx

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Wow... bad day??? Ff7, ff9 , ffx
    9 was pretty good. Unfortunately I've not completed it, though. Vivi is awesome.
    7 I don't explicitly hate. I just really didn't get 'into it' when I played it in my yoof. Part of me wants to re-try (see also: Zelda games. Same story. Couldn't get 'into' them.) but part of me doesn't want to spend money on something I previously haven't enjoyed.
    10, however. No. Get out. xD

Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    As in, dual/multi spec?
    It's possible. ATM, my black mage is becomming more warrior like and my white mage and rogue have embraced the dark arts.
    There's also the "international" grid that allows for a lot more customisation from the beginning.
    I don't really know. I'll explain better. In PoE, it has a sphere-grid-like system where you can move from one skill to the next (such as +4 Agility, +8 Dodge, +x% better accuracy with Y weapon, etc), however let's say we have the following:

+4 Agi >> +4 Agi >> +8 Dodge
    V
    +3% accuracy with daggers

I could go from the +4 agi, take the next +4 agi and then the dodge, too. Now if I remember correctly, in FF10 I'd have to 'backtrack' across the 2 +4 agi's to take the +3% accuracy, using up points and really limiting character customisation. In PoE you don't. Since you already have that +4Agi you can just 'branch off' from it without wasting points hurdling skills to get 'back there'.. Making more sense?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 729 Posts
    I went off the FF series after IX. I just don't like this take on the Action RPG whereby battles happen in real time - give me good old fashioned turn based battles any day!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of turn-based games, did anyone play lost oddessy on 360? I thought it was brilliant

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't really know. I'll explain better. In PoE, it has a sphere-grid-like system where you can move from one skill to the next (such as +4 Agility, +8 Dodge, +x% better accuracy with Y weapon, etc), however let's say we have the following:

+4 Agi >> +4 Agi >> +8 Dodge
    V
    +3% accuracy with daggers

I could go from the +4 agi, take the next +4 agi and then the dodge, too. Now if I remember correctly, in FF10 I'd have to 'backtrack' across the 2 +4 agi's to take the +3% accuracy, using up points and really limiting character customisation. In PoE you don't. Since you already have that +4Agi you can just 'branch off' from it without wasting points hurdling skills to get 'back there'.. Making more sense?
    Ah, ok. I see what you mean.

IIRC, FFX is 1 point to move 1 space forward [to an unactivated node] or 1 point per 4 nodes of backtracking.

If you don't avoid fights, it isn't actually hard to get enough points. Plus, there are weapons that boost your EXP by an insane amount. [Triple overdrive + Triple EXP + Overdrive > EXP]

Thank Post
    FF IX > FF VII > FFX for me, X was the last Final Fantasy game I actually enjoyed, didn't like X-2.. thought it was a pointless idea. REALLY didn't like 13 either.

As for the sphere grid from PoE @Garacesh Skilldrassil is mental. I got lost in it many times. Amazing levelling system though. I should really go back to t hat at some point.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    As for the sphere grid from PoE @Garacesh Skilldrassil is mental. I got lost in it many times. Amazing levelling system though. I should really go back to t hat at some point.
    How can you get lost? You can 'go back' and pick a new route to follow as many times as you like! I think it's brilliant. I'm stacking Dodge (even going as far as to get the 'If you wear gear with an armour value, it's irrelevant) perk to increase my dodge further (combining it with the pseudo-magical-armour just because I can). Then going for claws for dat lifesteal. Is good.
    Last edited by Garacesh; 5th July 2013 at 11:40 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    Speaking of turn-based games, did anyone play lost oddessy on 360? I thought it was brilliant
    ^^this

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12