+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Petition to Bring The Division to PC in Fun Stuff; Really like the look of this game, at the moment it's due for release on PS4/Xbox one. However Ubisoft encourages ...

Thank Post

Petition to Bring The Division to PC

Really like the look of this game, at the moment it's due for release on PS4/Xbox one. However Ubisoft encourages players to sign PC petition which has had a lot of attention.

Hopefully they do release it on PC, it looks amazing from the gameplay trailer.

Link to petition.

Thank Post
    Aren't there enough follow-the-player-through-checkpoints shooty type games already on the PC?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    Aren't there enough follow-the-player-through-checkpoints shooty type games already on the PC?
    Its an open world squad game, gameplay looks like day/war z but with NPC criminals instead of zombies and squad vs squad fighting.

Not sure where you got the idea it was a linear game from.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Meh... i'll sign it just so that i have another sniper-owning game.

Kill people all over the place just to make them ragequit and me just troll about. Good fun, e.g. BF3.

Thank Post
    Console only games are annoying enough. Now asking PC players to beg for release to their (and ultimate) platform of choice is just rubbish.

I remember waiting ages for Gears of War to come out on PC, and when it did, I loved it and the extra content. Then when I found out all follow ups would be Xbox only, it wound me right up.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Console only games are annoying enough. Now asking PC players to beg for release to their (and ultimate) platform of choice is just rubbish.

I remember waiting ages for Gears of War to come out on PC, and when it did, I loved it and the extra content. Then when I found out all follow ups would be Xbox only, it wound me right up.
    Sooo, the jist of your post is "PC are better than games consoles - because games aren't released on PC"!?! By that logic I'll stick to the inferior console gaming experience - you know, where the games are released

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Sooo, the jist of your post is "PC are better than games consoles - because games aren't released on PC"!?! By that logic I'll stick to the inferior console gaming experience - you know, where the games are released

Not how I meant it. I mean it annoys me how some games are released as console exclusives. Having a specific game or series of games won;t encourage me to buy a specific console. It would be far better if all games were released on all platforms and cross platform play was implemented. Then everyone could enjoy any game on their platform of choice.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It would be far better if all games were released on all platforms and cross platform play was implemented. Then everyone could enjoy any game on their platform of choice.
    Not just from a consumer position. It make a lot of business sense to maximise your potentual buyers.

Granted, the PS3 was arcane and not even Sony could get the most out of it. But everything is x86 now, there's no excuse.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Granted, the PS3 was arcane and not even Sony could get the most out of it. But everything is x86 now, there's no excuse.
    Major rewriting still needed due to major memory architecture differences: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...48175248,d.ZGU

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    I can see the point in having console exclusive games on a console only basis (i.e. releasing on PS4 but not XB1) as cross platform games can only be as good as the weakest platform they must run on.

However, there's no good reason in my mind not to release absolutely everything on PC - provided you have a capable enough machine, you should have the option of playing the game!

Thank Post
    It also always seems to be that a lot of PC games are ported to console, yet not the other way round. Valve's Orange box for example, DayZ standalone I believe will be have a console, indie games like Minecraft, Terraria etc. Can't actually recall a Console game that was ported over to PC recently. Even GTA5, Isn't that going to be Console exclusive for 1 year? For a title series that made it's mark on the PC platform, it's annoying.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Major rewriting still needed due to major memory architecture differences: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...48175248,d.ZGU
    Not only memory architecture, but the OS and the chip. PS4 is rumoured to have another chip to do 'OS' stuff, relieving the main CPU (note MAIN CPU is refereed in Sony official spec sheet). Games designed around a particular system will easily outgun a comparable PC hardware, which makes me chuckle over people comparing the new consoles to £150 graphics cards, they are NOT comparable when implemented correctly even if you forget the 8gb of DDR5 (2.6 x the bandwidth of ddr3). Try a DDR3 graphics card if you think DDR3 ram is comparable to GDDR5, the performance difference is laughable. Try and get a GFX card with 6GB of GDDR5 and you're looking at double the PS4 price...

There's tricks done on some PS3 exclusives that wouldn't be possible on other consoles due to the bandwidth/speed of DVD vs BRD. Take the real time cut scenes in The Last of Us for example, its a great trick in how this has been implemented to look as good as it does, on PC they'd simple throw more polys at it and told you to get a better graphics card, drop the resolution or turn off AA. They've made very high quality of character models, lighting and textures well beyond the hardware, through tricks. PC programmers get lazy.

50k sigs so far. They'd need a few 100k in sales to even bother.... and then there's PC piracy.

Not how I meant it. I mean it annoys me how some games are released as console exclusives. Having a specific game or series of games won;t encourage me to buy a specific console. It would be far better if all games were released on all platforms and cross platform play was implemented. Then everyone could enjoy any game on their platform of choice.
    It wont encourage you, but it does encourage others. MGS and GT (70m) are system sellers, these can easily muster millions in sales despite being locked to one system. The games made for one console also look better, devs dont have to employ more programmers, artists and network engineers to cover other systems. Especially something like a PC that can have millions of combinations of different hardware implementations or OS support and can look both better and worse than the consoles depending on the hardware. Sometimes it just inst cost effective and it wont guarantee sales.

This is easy for Ubisoft and EA to make middleware that looks best on PC and terrible on consoles (playing generic engine AC3 then playing custom engine Uncharted3 on PS3, the difference looks a generation apart), but its not as simple as it seem outside of the publishing power houses.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 20th June 2013 at 07:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    playing generic engine AC3
    You mean AnvilNext? The engine created by Ubisoft? FOR Assassin's Creed 3?

That generic engine?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    You mean AnvilNext? The engine created by Ubisoft? FOR Assassin's Creed 3?

That generic engine?
    AnvilNext the engines designed to work on PC, xbox, xbox1, PS3, PS4, WiiU and Vita

An engine that works across several different architectures is a generic engine.

Thank Post
    It also always seems to be that a lot of PC games are ported to console, yet not the other way round. Valve's Orange box for example, DayZ standalone I believe will be have a console, indie games like Minecraft, Terraria etc. Can't actually recall a Console game that was ported over to PC recently. Even GTA5, Isn't that going to be Console exclusive for 1 year? For a title series that made it's mark on the PC platform, it's annoying.
    Duke Nukem Forever. And it was shit.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information