+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, War Z - improved or still terrible? in Fun Stuff; There's a very tempting sale on Steam currently for WarZ, but I wanted to know if it's still as bad ...
    Thank Post

War Z - improved or still terrible?

There's a very tempting sale on Steam currently for WarZ, but I wanted to know if it's still as bad as when it first got released during the development stages? (The whole issue of it being incomplete/buggy/things claimed to be in it that weren't etc.) or if it has improved since those days.

Thank Post
    Don't bother, regardless of whether the game has improved (i honestly don't know, to be honest I'm surprised it's back on steam!), the company that made it don't deserve a penny they make. The only games developers in the world that i'd rate as worse than EA, the mere fact that they were proven to be banning accounts at random in order to force people to rebuy is the single worst thing i've ever known from a games company.

On the brightside i don't think Day Z is THAT far away now, and next year we'll have Dying light to play which is looking awesome (albeit from the same people who made dead island, i just hope they don't mess this one up because the idea behind it sounds AWESOME) Dying Light on Steam

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Worse than EA you say ?

ea.jpg

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Worse than EA you say ?

ea.jpg
    Haha

Seriously though, these guys honestly do give EA a run for their money. Did you see the reddit post about it a few months ago? Listed all the failings this company has made with WarZ such as copying half the content from another failed game of theirs and just re-texturing everything, people being banned or no reason whatsoever, they released it on steam with a feature list when the game didn't include half the features in the list at that point...the list goes on! Not to mention the guy in charge is a complete and utter....*enter word i don't think im allowed to use on this forum*...whos arrogance and stupidity outweigh anything i've heard come from EA or microsoft in the past.

Thank Post
    I think the sale is probably due to the fact that there's a slew of Zombie games out this month (Last of us, State of Decay) and the Day Z Standalone release is imminent so they're probably figuring that they need to try and flog a few more copies while the can!

Thank Post
    The WarZ?! ARRRHHH! Not heard this title for a while and it's brought old wounds to the surface!!!

Avoid, avoid, avoid! Think of The War Z as the BNP of Zombie Games.

The devs and project leads for it are worse the EA and London City Bankers and I really wished they would have given up by now. Such a shame it got back onto Steam...

Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    ...and the Day Z Standalone release is imminent...
    Don't count on it. All I ever hear is"it's done when it's done". I know it will be worth waiting for, and am really looking forward to it, but 6 months past the initial suggested release date and not a wiff of a minecraft style alpha release?
    Last edited by Rawns; 18th June 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Thank Post
    Seems they are trying to hide the shame with a title rename:

The War Z renamed as Infestation: Survivor Stories - is still rubbish | News | PC Gamer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread