+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, Elder Scrolls Online in Fun Stuff; The main story line is somewhat limited, but only because you choose 1 of 3 factions, and that's it. It ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The main story line is somewhat limited, but only because you choose 1 of 3 factions, and that's it. It is essentially a neverending quest for nirn domination.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    An MMO on a console?! WTF?
    FFXI was on both the PS2 and Xbox 360, back in ?2004/2005?

Diablo 3 is coming to the PS4, and now ES:O

Thank Post
    I thought I did... Elder Scrolls MMO announced. The search function seems to be struggling to do stuff, probably why it was skipped.

@nephilim that's interesting that you managed to get into the beta. It's my understanding that beta is currently North America only, and the next wave of invites may (likely) include Europe. You must have been lucky to the nth degree.

For those of you who are disheartened at lack of beta, it's still ongoing and will be for some time (check your mails for upcoming waves).

Regarding console and cross-platform, console players will be on a separate server to PC players, and have a different UI to better suit the console.

ZoS are announcing and changing things all the time, so the information I know regarding closed beta may change. Same goes to the gameplay itself. They have confirmed multi-faction guilding, so you won't be left out of you decide to try another faction's story line.

Speaking of guilds... while I'm here, shameless plug: Black Fox | An ESO Guild.

Thank Post
    I was playing the beta of Elder Scrolls Online over the weekend (the second time around so far), its OK... but. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of ES and I've played them all since Daggerfall (never bothered with Arena) and love them all. I'm not exactly sure what to make of ESO being an MMO, it certainly has changed the 'feel' of the game to a great extent. Although the elements of ES are there and there are some interesting new game mechanics which I guess are needed to make it more suited to multi-player. Unfortunately I found it rather difficult to progress that far as a single player (yeah, I know its not designed to be) as you need to seek reliance on others to come to your aid to clear dungeons, constantly having to ask around 'can I join your team?', etc. In comparison to other ES games it does feel quite linear. But then I guess these are all sacrifices we have to make for the XBox generation. Will I get it on release? Hmm maybe, but probabaly not - my PC can run Skyrim Hi-Res no problem but struggles desperately even on the lowest of low settings for ESO (What's going on here Bethesda?).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you have an ATI card, get the beta drivers, they are much better at handling the game than the stock drivers (though be careful, can bork it for other games).

As for groups, when you get set up with a team, you go on teamspeak/ventrilo/mumble and enjoy, however a 64man battle against molag bal which took over an hour was an ultimate annoyance (we won but dear lord it was horrific!)

If you only just joined, you are probably still on the island and haven't made it too the mainland and chosen your allegiance yet. My advice, stockpile skooma if you are planning to annoy the thalmor or any other elven races (nords and kahjiit love you for it).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    oh and graphically, the game is a beast to run, I have dual 5770's and they scream when running the game at medium.

Thank Post
    They are currently working very hard to optimise things. There are known issues with certain cards and drivers, it varies from user to user.

My 5870 runs it on max with no issues, whereas I've seen people struggling on much newer cards.

I've put my guild on hold as I'm not willing to pour my life into a game that may not captivate me. I did that with GW2 and SWTOR, and look how they turned out. I have pre-ordered the game, and will look at guilding after I get into it during live release.

The game has some defining features for an MMO, but I'm just not gripped, and I can't put my finger on why. Ah well, we'll see...

p.s NDA gets lifted soon. If you enjoy recording gameplay, stay tuned.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wait a year, talk on the closed beta forum is saying that it will probably go F2P within a year because of the large amounts of people who outright refused to pre-order. If it was just a buy now, play for life game like guild wars was then almost everyone would have signed up, but paying 60 for game, then 10 a month on top is what annoyed many many people.

Thank Post
    People will always speculate, especially after the recent MMO "hits" going F2P. Pre-orders of physical editions, especially the Imperial Edition, are reportedly selling out. There will be scores of people who will refuse to pay a monthly subscription, which leads to doomsaying.

A lot of people are not happy and are just becoming used to the F2P market, whereas I remember buying SWG at 30, then a sub, and the same for EverQuest (and its many expansions). Personally I would rather pay a sub. The last decent MMO I played was Star Wars Galaxies, and I'd gladly pay a sub again to get that experience back. Speaking of which, apparently LucasArts are creating a game that will "appeal to the SWG fans".

If it flops towards F2P after release, then I will not feel bad about not investing hours and hours of trying to set a guild up and will go on my list of things that I can pick up at any time.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have no issue with paying a sub, if there was no upfront cost because thats just fleecing me twice!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12