+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Humble Bundle weekly(!) sales in Fun Stuff; The Humble Weekly Sale: Alan Wake (pay what you want and help charity) Alan Wake 1+2 this week. Same as ...

Thank Post

Humble Bundle weekly(!) sales

The Humble Weekly Sale: Alan Wake (pay what you want and help charity)

Alan Wake 1+2 this week. Same as usual deals, pay what you want for charity.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It was only after buying this that I finally thought "but... when am I going to have time to play it?" came into my mind. Steam backlog is at about 120 games and growing...

It is a strange thing, after so many adolescent years replaying the same two or three games over-and-over-and-over, to find myself complaining about the easy availability of fantastically discounted games. An embarassment of riches indeed.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Seen this yesterday. Colleague linked it me. Looks good, will have to wait for better games!

Thank Post
    Humble bundle 8 is out https://www.humblebundle.com/

Some nice indie games there for $6

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am always buying on the "weekly" games (though it is more like fortnightly)...I have some 25 games still to install, never mind play!

Thank Post
    I love the Humble Bundles. Got a few backlogged to play too.

Dear Esther has always intrigued me though when I've seen it on Steam and lots of people seem to rave about it. Anyone played?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I adore Dear Esther. It is a marmite sort of experience, in that you'll love it or hate it - all you do is walk about for an hour. That's it. But the atmosphere is incredible, the scenery is gorgeous, the whole thing is just... astonishing. It's less a game and more a zen relaxation technique. It was my favourite thing of 2012 - better than any game, album, movie or book.

I should also say that Hotline Miami is superb and well worth beating the average for. I gave Proteus a play for the first time last night and it is like an Amiga 500 dreaming of a synaesthetic Dear Esther - again, all you do is wander around, but it's a wander full of wonder.

Capsized reviewed well at RPS as well, and may be the reason I buy the bundle (I already have HM, DE and Proteus).

Thank Post
    I'd just like to chime in with a MASSIVE MASSIVE reccommendation that you buy the latest bundle, specifically for Awesomenauts. It's a MOBA like DoTA or LoL but with two key differences:

1. It's a 2D platformer rather than a 3D top-down RTS style game. You control your character on the X and Y axis using WSAD or the controller, and aim around your character using the mouse. This means it's way way more twitchy/action-y than your normal MOBAs which just tend to be slow horrid grindfests.

2. There's no equipment or mana, your powers have cooldown timers and you can fire them as often as the timers allow. This means you don't have to spend hours reading wiki pages to determine what the best loadout/equipment for your character is, you can just concentrate on actually being good at playing the game.

Basically it plays like a competitive game of Mario with huge emphasis on twitch timing and positioning, as well as teamplay etc etc. There are plenty of characters but not too many and you unlock them gradually anyway so it never feels like there's too much to learn. If anyone gets it and would like to play, PM me your Steam ID here and we'll sort something out. In case you can't tell, I really like this game!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    This week's Humble Weekly Sale is for Telltale Games - Back to the Future, Sam & Max, Wallace & Gromit (and three others) for pay what you want, and if you pay oover the average (~$5) you get The Walking Dead. Well worth it, I reckon.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 2,084 Posts
    Although it's not in the Humble Bundle, Gunpoint is currently on sale for the next six days. It looks good.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread