+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Microsoft will be announcing the Xbox 720 tomorrow at 6pm, and will be available to watch online (or even on ...
    Thank Post

Post Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement

Microsoft will be announcing the Xbox 720 tomorrow at 6pm, and will be available to watch online (or even on your Xbox 360!) and see the next generation of hardware be unveiled at last.
    For more information regarding rumoured hardware specs, console name & design, games & entertainment, pricing & release date, then please have a look at the link below and tell us what you think!

The next Xbox: What to expect from the '720' - Telegraph

NC-Evite_main.png
    Last edited by SYNACK; 5th September 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Updated thread title from Xbox 720 to Xbox One, its release name

Thank Post
    "XBOX 720" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the "XBOX 360"....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    "XBOX 720" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as the "XBOX 360"....
    Because nothing official says the name is 720, that's just people throwing ideas around. Official code name is "Durango" and official name in the running is "Xbox Infinity"

Thank Post
    I agree that the name Xbox 720 doesn't exactly have the same ring to it like the "Xbox 360" and
    I'm hoping they do change the name to something more satisfying when they announce it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    XBox 4K ref the 4K hd tellys coming out ??

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'll be interested to see what they come up with. So long as they stick to the not always on requirement I'll probably get one but only after they come down in price a bit, if they top 800nzd then I wait unless they make it bundled with a major release I actually care about like Alan Wake, Bioshock or maybe CoD:MW

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If the always on thing happens, the mrs and I agreed we will be selling the xbox and going PS route. We will still have an xbox 360, however when the sub runs out, we wont be renewing

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    I'll be interested to see what they come up with. So long as they stick to the not always on requirement I'll probably get one but only after they come down in price a bit, if they top 800nzd then I wait unless they make it bundled with a major release I actually care about like Alan Wake, Bioshock or maybe CoD:MW
    Hopefully Microsoft won't choose the always-on requirement due to the amount of negative feedback they got after it was leaked by an employee. I agree it would be a good idea to wait for the prices to come down since it could be rather expensive to buy the console at launch. It'll also be good to see some sequels made for the new Xbox with games such as Alan Wake 2, Gears Of War 4, Halo 5, and a new Bioshock game etc.

hey hey hey, stay outta my shed. STAY OUT OF MY SHED.
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordyboy View Post
    Hopefully Microsoft won't choose the always-on requirement due to the amount of negative feedback they got after it was leaked by an employee.
    I wonder if that was an intentional test, taking the temperature of the water before deciding whether to jump in or not, as it were.

Thank Post
    They could do an Apple and call it Xbox.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
    They could do an Apple and call it Xbox.
    Or The New Xbox.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I wonder if that was an intentional test, taking the temperature of the water before deciding whether to jump in or not, as it were.
    With all the attention that was drawn from that single tweet by an employee, it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft did set that up to see what everyone's reaction to the always-on function would be before testing it out...

Thank Post
    neXtBox?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Blog Entries
    XPox, so good it's infectious

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    So long as they stick to the not always on requirement
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    If the always on thing happens, the mrs and I agreed we will be selling the xbox and going PS route.
    Microsoft have said it'll be up to the publishers whether games will have an always-on requirement. So probably just Ubisoft and Activision games then.

Judging by Internet comments, this may be the most important question to be answered tomorrow. Reports that Microsoft's next system will use some method to block the play of used games have been circulating for more than a year now, and in recent months those rumours have centered on a required Internet connection to enforce that blockage, along with one-time installs for disc-based games. Let's not forget about the tweeted suggestion to "deal with it" ("It" being a supposed online requirement) that led to the termination of former Microsoft Studios creative director Adam Orth.

Given all that build-up, it was a bit surprising when Ars received word from an insider source about a Microsoft memo suggesting that things like playing single-player games, watching Blu-ray movies, and playing live TV through the next Xbox should "just work," even when the system is offline. We stand by that report and think it largely overrules all the rumours that came before it (and it gels with a recent rumour that DRM decisions will be left up to publishers). (Source)
    Should single-player games, Blu-ray playback and live TV viewing be possible on a gaming console with no Internet connection? Most gamers would say "yes," but they have been worried that Microsoft feels differently; the next generation Xbox has been consistently rumored to require a permanent network connection.

It won't.

According to an internal Microsoft e-mail sent to all full-time employees working on the next Xbox, "Durango [the codename for the next Xbox] is designed to deliver the future of entertainment while engineered to be tolerant of today's Internet." It continues, "There are a number of scenarios that our users expect to work without an Internet connection, and those should 'just work' regardless of their current connection status. Those include, but are not limited to: playing a Blu-ray disc, watching live TV, and yes playing a single player game."

Still, though the next Xbox won't make everybody happy, it looks like fears that the console will be useless when your broadband goes down have been overblown. (Source)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast