+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Sunnyknight Aye i'm also keen to get more information on this. I assume the 3gb is for ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Aye i'm also keen to get more information on this. I assume the 3gb is for all of the 'snapping' and 'multi-functioning' that you can do on this great new xbox. I'd also like to know if it's possible to disable features to free up RAM on the OS, should it be needed.
    Highly unlikely.

Also, they mention a 8 core processor, but who's 8 core will Xbox be using? Also keen to hear more on this.
    It'll be an AMD CPU.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    Any links to the keynote in full?
    Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com

Thank Post
    I was really looking forward to this, but as a lot of people I'm quite disappointed. Between the massive focus on US-only TV, the not being able to lend a game to your mate thing and this. I'm just crossing my fingers that we'll see some stuff at E3 to fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by That article
    Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?
    Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.
    Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.
    Harrison: Correct.
    Ninja edit, Ok they've updated the article since last night, sounds like they're still hedging their bets...
    Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."

"While Phil [Harrison] discussed many potential scenarios around games on Xbox One, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," a Microsoft rep said. "There have been reports of a specific time period — those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be."

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It seems remarkably like they are at a very early stage of development - a huge amount of the info people want is coming back as "details to follow later".

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gaming has the be the only entertainment industry where the creators think it's acceptable to charge multiple times for the same physical product...

People would lose it if DVD players required an internet connection or extra fee to play second hand DVDs.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    It seems remarkably like they are at a very early stage of development - a huge amount of the info people want is coming back as "details to follow later".
    Agreed. Sounds like another VISTA / 8 project to me.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    How come that's Flash not Silverlight?

Thank Post
    I always find these things interesting, I guess it is a case of too much info can be a dangerous thing. We barely know anything about the PS4 except for tech demos, and vague promises (which Sony kept to so well last time) and they are the second coming. MS laid out their console, mentioned plenty of games were in the making and to wait till E3 and they get lambasted. OK, concentrating on TV so much was odd but it is a new feature to the console so of course they are going to talk about it. This was the system reveal and E3 will be the games reveal.

People are funny.

Thank Post
    Pre-owned games/Rentals/Borrowing a friends game. Given that a lot of the questions being asked before last night are still being asked today, Microsoft have missed an opportunity to dispel the confusion and with different people at Microsoft telling us contradictory things the state of confusion is only growing. The questions should be answered now not in 19 days time at E3. At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I always find these things interesting, I guess it is a case of too much info can be a dangerous thing. We barely know anything about the PS4 except for tech demos, and vague promises (which Sony kept to so well last time) and they are the second coming. MS laid out their console, mentioned plenty of games were in the making and to wait till E3 and they get lambasted. OK, concentrating on TV so much was odd but it is a new feature to the console so of course they are going to talk about it. This was the system reveal and E3 will be the games reveal.

People are funny.
    It's down to how it was presented.

Sony talked alot about gamers and devs, Microsoft talked about TV... Constantly.

They've made a games console where the focus is not-playing games, where you're expected to pay full retail price to play a second-hand game in addition to the cost of the disk [At least, from what I've seen]... They're gone full retard.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    Any links to the keynote in full?
    The full video is available on the Sky News app on the iPad if you have one.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Gaming has the be the only entertainment industry where the creators think it's acceptable to charge multiple times for the same physical product...

People would lose it if DVD players required an internet connection or extra fee to play second hand DVDs.
    You seem rage induced? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post

People are funny.
    Well, either way, they've let themselves down as a gaming console in my eyes, unless as stated before, they pull out something extraordinary.

Pre-owned games/Rentals/Borrowing a friends game. Given that a lot of the questions being asked before last night are still being asked today, Microsoft have missed an opportunity to dispel the confusion and with different people at Microsoft telling us contradictory things the state of confusion is only growing. The questions should be answered now not in 19 days time at E3. At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting
    Yep, yep, and yep.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting
    ^ So much this.

I would have said Steam, but I'm not a fan of single use activation codes and my games being tied to a specific companies success. [If I have to crack a game to play it... You've messed up.]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    So... Who's looking forward to the steam box?
    ^^ THIS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast