+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 793
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Sunnyknight Aye i'm also keen to get more information on this. I assume the 3gb is for ...
  1. #121

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,623
    Thank Post
    514
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Aye i'm also keen to get more information on this. I assume the 3gb is for all of the 'snapping' and 'multi-functioning' that you can do on this great new xbox. I'd also like to know if it's possible to disable features to free up RAM on the OS, should it be needed.
    Highly unlikely.

    Also, they mention a 8 core processor, but who's 8 core will Xbox be using? Also keen to hear more on this.
    It'll be an AMD CPU.

  2. #122

    JJonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Walsham, Norfolk
    Posts
    3,084
    Thank Post
    382
    Thanked 429 Times in 318 Posts
    Rep Power
    383

  3. #123

    JJonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Walsham, Norfolk
    Posts
    3,084
    Thank Post
    382
    Thanked 429 Times in 318 Posts
    Rep Power
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    Any links to the keynote in full?
    Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com

  4. #124
    Valyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    202
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 62 Times in 44 Posts
    Rep Power
    54
    I was really looking forward to this, but as a lot of people I'm quite disappointed. Between the massive focus on US-only TV, the not being able to lend a game to your mate thing and this. I'm just crossing my fingers that we'll see some stuff at E3 to fix things.

    Quote Originally Posted by That article
    Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?
    Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.
    Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.
    Harrison: Correct.
    Ninja edit, Ok they've updated the article since last night, sounds like they're still hedging their bets...
    Update: Sounds like things are a mess over at Microsoft. Now they're telling Polygon that Harrison's comments illustrate a "potential scenario."

    "While Phil [Harrison] discussed many potential scenarios around games on Xbox One, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," a Microsoft rep said. "There have been reports of a specific time period — those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be."

  5. #125

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,623
    Thank Post
    514
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    831
    It seems remarkably like they are at a very early stage of development - a huge amount of the info people want is coming back as "details to follow later".

  6. #126

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,031
    Thank Post
    591
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    813
    Gaming has the be the only entertainment industry where the creators think it's acceptable to charge multiple times for the same physical product...

    People would lose it if DVD players required an internet connection or extra fee to play second hand DVDs.

  7. #127
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,438
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 118 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    It seems remarkably like they are at a very early stage of development - a huge amount of the info people want is coming back as "details to follow later".
    Agreed. Sounds like another VISTA / 8 project to me.

  8. #128


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Rep Power
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    How come that's Flash not Silverlight?

  9. #129

    TechMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    3,286
    Thank Post
    225
    Thanked 405 Times in 302 Posts
    Rep Power
    162
    I always find these things interesting, I guess it is a case of too much info can be a dangerous thing. We barely know anything about the PS4 except for tech demos, and vague promises (which Sony kept to so well last time) and they are the second coming. MS laid out their console, mentioned plenty of games were in the making and to wait till E3 and they get lambasted. OK, concentrating on TV so much was odd but it is a new feature to the console so of course they are going to talk about it. This was the system reveal and E3 will be the games reveal.

    People are funny.

  10. #130

    JJonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Walsham, Norfolk
    Posts
    3,084
    Thank Post
    382
    Thanked 429 Times in 318 Posts
    Rep Power
    383
    Pre-owned games/Rentals/Borrowing a friends game. Given that a lot of the questions being asked before last night are still being asked today, Microsoft have missed an opportunity to dispel the confusion and with different people at Microsoft telling us contradictory things the state of confusion is only growing. The questions should be answered now not in 19 days time at E3. At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting

  11. #131

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,031
    Thank Post
    591
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I always find these things interesting, I guess it is a case of too much info can be a dangerous thing. We barely know anything about the PS4 except for tech demos, and vague promises (which Sony kept to so well last time) and they are the second coming. MS laid out their console, mentioned plenty of games were in the making and to wait till E3 and they get lambasted. OK, concentrating on TV so much was odd but it is a new feature to the console so of course they are going to talk about it. This was the system reveal and E3 will be the games reveal.

    People are funny.
    It's down to how it was presented.

    Sony talked alot about gamers and devs, Microsoft talked about TV... Constantly.


    They've made a games console where the focus is not-playing games, where you're expected to pay full retail price to play a second-hand game in addition to the cost of the disk [At least, from what I've seen]... They're gone full retard.

  12. #132
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 489 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
    Any links to the keynote in full?
    The full video is available on the Sky News app on the iPad if you have one.

  13. #133
    Sunnyknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Posts
    1,438
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 118 Times in 82 Posts
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Gaming has the be the only entertainment industry where the creators think it's acceptable to charge multiple times for the same physical product...

    People would lose it if DVD players required an internet connection or extra fee to play second hand DVDs.
    You seem rage induced? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by TechMonkey View Post
    I always find these things interesting, I guess it is a case of too much info can be a dangerous thing. We barely know anything about the PS4 except for tech demos, and vague promises (which Sony kept to so well last time) and they are the second coming. MS laid out their console, mentioned plenty of games were in the making and to wait till E3 and they get lambasted. OK, concentrating on TV so much was odd but it is a new feature to the console so of course they are going to talk about it. This was the system reveal and E3 will be the games reveal.

    People are funny.
    Well, either way, they've let themselves down as a gaming console in my eyes, unless as stated before, they pull out something extraordinary.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    Pre-owned games/Rentals/Borrowing a friends game. Given that a lot of the questions being asked before last night are still being asked today, Microsoft have missed an opportunity to dispel the confusion and with different people at Microsoft telling us contradictory things the state of confusion is only growing. The questions should be answered now not in 19 days time at E3. At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting
    Yep, yep, and yep.

  14. #134

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,031
    Thank Post
    591
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by JJonas View Post
    At the moment the PS4 is looking more tempting
    ^ So much this.

    I would have said Steam, but I'm not a fan of single use activation codes and my games being tied to a specific companies success. [If I have to crack a game to play it... You've messed up.]

  15. #135
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 489 Times in 375 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    So... Who's looking forward to the steam box?
    ^^ THIS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The march towards Xbox 720 has started...
    By JJonas in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th March 2011, 12:05 PM
  2. Tomorrows conference
    By andy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20th April 2006, 08:07 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th February 2006, 08:40 AM
  4. Bett Show Tomorrow........Thursday 12th
    By tosca925 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12th January 2006, 11:33 PM
  5. XBOX 360 availability?
    By in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th December 2005, 11:40 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •