+ Post New Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Arthur You notice that on the "high end machine" the FPS dropped to about 15-20 when he ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post

You notice that on the "high end machine" the FPS dropped to about 15-20 when he turned round and couldn't even sustain 30FPS when he shot the first rocket?

That isn't a high end gaming machine.

Also, if it's set up to use "the powah of the cloud!" wouldn't it be crap WITHOUT that connection?

I'm calling shenanigans.

Thank Post
    They did say the Xbox One would always have Kinect.... so as predicted there's now going to be a Kinect free Xbox One!

350 GBP available next month.

Good move, they really need the sales or they were going to get left behind by the more powerful PS4 and it's best done early on.

MS are also dropping the Gold requirement for some apps and the games provided by Games with Gold will improve due to mirroring the PS+ subscription model. Phil Spencer is moving xbox in the right direction.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 13th May 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    They did say the Xbox One would always have Kinect.... so as predicted there's now going to be a Kinect free Xbox One!

Good move, they really need the sales or they were going to get left behind by the more powerful PS4 and it's best done early on.
    Not unexpected. Still same price as PS4 though, which as you say is more powerful. Without the Kinnect does it loose its unique selling feature? Too little too late?

Thank Post

MS are also dropping the Gold requirement for some apps and the games provided by Games with Gold will improve due to mirroring the PS+ subscription model. Phil Spencer is moving xbox in the right direction.
    i got one with kinect and titanfall for £350 from asda a few weeks back so its hardly a price cut

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Not unexpected. Still same price as PS4 though, which as you say is more powerful. Without the Kinnect does it loose its unique selling feature? Too little too late?
    Yeah, I think that selling a kinectless console without a game for £325-ish (assuming usual exchange rate) is a stupid strategy IMO when it robs the XB1 of it's USP and means software devs (MS included) can no longer assume everyone has a Kinect. Sony had the power advantage but MS had the Kinect.

Now all MS has is an inferior console and a £25 price advantage which isn't going to convince anyone to pick their platform over Sony's They really needed to cut the price to the same as the PS4 and keep the Kinect. Or even better do that and bundle a free game if their margins would allow it. At least that would give punters a compelling reason to choose it over the PS4.
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 13th May 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Should have been on offer from the start. It is too little too late. They should also give up the Japanese market, that's like trying to flog a dead horse. Won't work.

If a PS4 comes on offer I will snap it up. I have xb1 and if it weren't for the games I have on it and that my daughter thoroughly enjoys the lego games on it I would have sold it when my xbox live ran out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries

Back down 3: the backdownening.

...yet somehow Spencer thinks unbundling the kinect will result in MORE people having it.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The whole Gold requirement for apps like Netflix when I can watch it for free on my PC was one reason I ditched Xbox Live on the 360. Felt like I was being taken for a ride on that service, took them long enough to realise what a silly requirement it is.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    The whole Gold requirement for apps like Netflix when I can watch it for free on my PC was one reason I ditched Xbox Live on the 360. Felt like I was being taken for a ride on that service, took them long enough to realise what a silly requirement it is.
    Agreed! I didn't realise until a few months back when my Gold account expired and I didn't renew (don't play the Xbox any more). Was fuming! Then you go online and face a load of fanboys telling you "of course you have to pay, Microsoft aren't going to give you internet on the Xbox for free, it's not free on your PC!"

As for Kinect: This feels like a knee-jerk reaction from MS I have to say. Yeah, they're a little behind the PS4 ATM and yes, it's a less powerful machine. What they should have done IMO is stuck to their guns RE the Kinect and gave devs some incentive to really work with it, get them making great games for the Kinect instead of the usual Wii rip offs and make it a selling point. Now all they've done is doom Kinect 2 to the same fate as the original Kinect; an overpriced toy you can't even sell because it's useless. Now all they're left with is a less powerful machine and the same* range of games. Doesn't take a genius to work out Sony have already won...

*apart from exclusives, of which none are going to sway many people over to the XB1 so far
    Last edited by LosOjos; 14th May 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's an interesting move. I seriously didn't think XB1 sales where going that badly. Sure they're lagging behind PS4 but as they point out themselves PS4 are in 40 terratories compared to 13 for XBox. Isn't the XB1 the second fastest selling console of all time, beaten only by PS4?

Thank Post
    http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/kinec...-power/0132382

Im reading that as games in the future will require you to unplug Kinect to get them to run properly

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't smell quiet right - an unused kinect was taking up processing power preventing the XB1 from achieving PS4 level resolutions and framerates? Is that what they are saying? By completely disconnecting the kinect they can free up the resouces from the kinect that the game wasn't using to start off with?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    I thought MS had realised the Kinect for 360 was a drain on resources and given Kinect for XB1 it's own processor to avoid this problem?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I thought MS had realised the Kinect for 360 was a drain on resources and given Kinect for XB1 it's own processor to avoid this problem?
    Teardown of the kinect for Xbox One here

Thank Post
    Power Star Golf currently FREE for some reason
    Last edited by JJonas; 22nd May 2014 at 11:55 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread