+ Post New Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by ZeroHour I was just attempting to tell others what to expect regarding the story completion time. Thanks ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I was just attempting to tell others what to expect regarding the story completion time.
    Thanks for the info.... saved me wasting my money as this was one that I was going to buy. I guess I'll just get TitanFall instead although I'm not all that pumped for it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
    Thanks for the info.... saved me wasting my money as this was one that I was going to buy. I guess I'll just get TitanFall instead although I'm not all that pumped for it.
    Dont get me wrong, there may be some side thing I am missing (do you have any info about what you can do after completing story TheBlackSheep?) but if its a case of replay the campaign not dying or killing guards etc than its a bust for me on the value perspective, I simply dont replay games for those *achievements*

I enjoyed the beta but I just wish it had more players than 12. I am thinking of preordering it but I can decide between PC and Xbox One. The controller works remarkably well in the titans whereas keyboard and mouse is better when in foot mode. The other niggle was using the left stick as the run up walls button as holding it down while running along tends to slip a little. I did beta on both pc and xbox one and there was practically no difference in graphics tbh which is good

Thank Post
    Also are shopto only a paypal payment shop or do they have real card processing? I really distrust any paypal only store generally as I have had problems with them in the past (paypal merchants).
    They do card processing too (currently checking email waiting for southpark to process!)

Like any online game retailer people report issues but I've never had an issue with them or game later than release day (some 2 days early).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Beyond MGS2 I never found value in them, as they became samey (much like CoD did). Go around a base/installation/building, be sneaky, kill people, complete. Factor in a 90 minute story, its like paying 25p per minute to play the game!
    That sounds like MGS 1/2.... but

MGS3 was survival in a jungle environment, different for the time... and Metal Gear Online.
    MGS4 was varied each stage and had 540mins of story... and Metal Gear Online 2.
    PW is collecting a huge team, building a base and is 4 player.

I know they are not everyone's cup to tea, but samey like COD, no way!

Dont get me wrong, there may be some side thing I am missing (do you have any info about what you can do after completing story TheBlackSheep?) but if its a case of replay the campaign not dying or killing guards etc than its a bust for me on the value perspective, I simply dont replay games for those *achievements*
    I know what you have to do in the story, so I'm trying to not give away what you do in the story so I dont spoil it for others. After the main story AFIK its replaying the same area, BUT the best way I can put it is that the camp you invade isn't linear. Its like an open world map confined to a small area, the enemies are more dynamic, day/night cycles, there's lots of routes to take and different ways of getting to goals (stuff/people to nick inside base)... and how much/what you get will affect the next game.

Xbox gets an exclusive Raiden mission, PS gets an exclusive snake mission. Not sure if these open after main mission either.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th March 2014 at 04:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    They do card processing too (currently checking email waiting for southpark to process!)

Like any online game retailer people report issues but I've never had an issue with them or game later than release day (some 2 days early).
    Thanks, will take a look at them. Generally I have found if they can directly process they are more reliable as direct processing companies do more checks then PayPal. I have seen a few PayPal only sites promise great prices and never deliver then shut down as soon as they get caught. The other gotcha is stores that sell keys for different regions rather then Europe although that is more a steam problem.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,017 Times in 1,466 Posts
    Blog Entries
    did you play 3/4 or PW?
    I played 3 and 4 yes, but stopped very quickly as frankly, it got boring.

Thank Post
    +1 for Shopto.net used them for my Xbox One pre order, they nearly always beat the like of Amazon on price.

Thank Post
    Another +1 for shopto, I've found their prices aren't always the most competitive but their service i.e. delivery and communication is the best I've experienced. They are the best for pre-ordering in my opinion.
    Last edited by APMerry; 5th March 2014 at 08:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just saw this video:

I can't see a difference in the versions and that was pre scalar tweaks.

It also appears KZ is not 1080p (720ish) in multiplayer although Sony claimed (and made a big deal) it was: http://www.crappyreviews.com/1/post/...consumers.html
    I hoped Sony wouldnt do this stuff again this generation but well they did.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 5th March 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Thank Post
    I ignored all these comparison's, the difference is so minor (if any at all), my choice to stay with Xbox was purely based on track record. The Xbox 360 was a bit dodgy at first and just got better and better until it was a really polished console that (in my opinion) wiped the floor with the PS3. My brother's got a PS3 and despite how awful it was to use, I've seen no improvement the whole time he's had it. So that's how I made my decision, I look at it as an investment and am confident the Xbox will get better and better over time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just saw this video:

It also appears KZ is not 1080p (720ish) in multiplayer although Sony claimed (and made a big deal) it was: Shame On Sony For Lying To Consumers - Crappy Reviews
    I can, the PS4 is a tiny bit better at killing off jaggies at edges and has better handling of the smoke/dust particle layers however this just means you have a more compromised view than the XB1 and you are right, this is pre tweaks.

Some bits look better on 4 and some on the one, they are very, very close though and it takes some doing to find the differences.

Still trust them to fix the one better than the 4 and it can do more than just be a games machine which I actually like, if only they would release those features to NZ.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 6th March 2014 at 12:14 PM.

Thank Post

It also appears KZ is not 1080p (720ish) in multiplayer although Sony claimed (and made a big deal) it was
    The video differences is mainly resolution 1080p vs 720p in that video, less anti-aliasing on straight line on PS4. Nothing the scaler update fixes. The higher res does make it look better along with most other multiplat games so far. If you can see it, then fair enough it wont concern you its pushing X2 as many pixels around on the PS4.

You can read the explanation on Killzone here resolutions here, spoiler, it still outputs in 1080p in both:
    Regarding Killzone Shadow Fall And 1080p

I mentioned earlier in the thread that for example a HUD can be at 1080p while the internal games framebuffer can be at a lower res to give the impression of full HD. This example can be the same for almost anything in a game. It's not as if they did a 360 and put 1080p on the box when it was only upscaled from a sub 720p framebuffer to 1080p.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You can read the explanation on Killzone here resolutions here, spoiler, it still outputs in 1080p in both:
    Regarding Killzone Shadow Fall And 1080p

I mentioned earlier in the thread that for example a HUD can be at 1080p while the internal games framebuffer can be at a lower res to give the impression of full HD. This example can be the same for almost anything in a game. It's not as if they did a 360 and put 1080p on the box when it was only upscaled from a sub 720p framebuffer to 1080p.
    It renders the frame in 960x1080...
    In Multiplayer mode, however, we use a technique called “temporal reprojection,” which combines pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames to reconstruct a full 1080p image. If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.
    It literally says it doesnt render a 1080p image, they use a technique to effectively upscale.

The section they missed out is why they did this, because it can't handle true 1080p rendering and 60fps, thus tricks were used and they had to render lower res frames, something Sony has been keen to point out regarding xbox one as meaning its a toaster and not a real console.

Render res is just one part of equation, several third party games have made a poor job of optimising for the xbox one so far but that will change. KZ multiplayer still looks good because render res is only 1 part of the problem.
    Currently the only exclusive next gen only 1080p/60fps game is Forza 5, no other has the whole game experience in 1080p 60fps.

EDIT RE: Shopto, they seem quite good, heard mixed reports about customer service but thats all.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 6th March 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Thank Post
    It renders the frame in 960x1080...

It literally says it doesnt render a 1080p image, they use a technique to effectively upscale.
    No, it literally says it renders an 1080p native image, but that is made up of different sub 1080p frames.

You've missing this part: Native is often used to indicate images that are not scaled; it is native by that definition.

Every game uses tricks... EA games use chroma subsampling in BF3/4/NFS. Some games stream pre-rendered background footage on disk to make it look nicer than it would be rendered properly. AI isnt real, its preprogrammed paths. Most PS360 games were rendered at the framebuffer level around 680p and upscaled with 720p hud overlays. Almost everything you see in a game is a trick.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 6th March 2014 at 02:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    No, it literally says it renders an 1080p native image, but that is made up of different sub 1080p frames.

You've missing this part: Native is often used to indicate images that are not scaled; it is native by that definition.
    If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.
    Native to me is every part of the pipeline, if KZ want to claim its native by *their* definition then they can but when you render 960x1080 frames to get around performance issues because its literally less work as you are rendering considerably less then its not native. This is before we get to the fact the
    Native is not a trick on PC! its just not needed as pc hardware can do true native 1080p rendering (and would probably handle KZ pretty easily)
    Also the xbox outputs native 1080p if you define native as the output resolution of the console, its pretty easy to say your native if you tweak the definition.

There lower res rendering does look good thanks to the tricks used but it is not a true 1080p render, its several 960 renders spliced together!

I believe the SP part renders in true 1080p but only at 30fps which is why they had to reduce the load for multiplayer.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 6th March 2014 at 02:14 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread