+ Post New Thread
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; The party problem was an issue from day one. It wasn't broke so why they made the changes too it ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The party problem was an issue from day one. It wasn't broke so why they made the changes too it I don't know!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 800 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still find Ryse has the best graphics of any of the latest generation games, it looks amazing and its 900p but you wouldnt tell because of the upscaling.
    Thief for example is worse on PS4 than xbox and also Strider is having similar things levied. The whole xbox issue changed after they changed the shapening filter, AC4 looks amazing, titan fall looked pretty much the same on my pc as it did on xbox one as well (had them side by side)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Graphically unless you play on a 50inch screen or bigger, there is no difference. If you have a 48in or less, and play within 10 metres of the screen, you wont notice the difference. This is proven when TV vendors tried to get the general public to tell the difference between 780p and 1080p.
    If the "general public" are a measure: COD is the best game ever, The Sun is the best newspaper and... you get the idea.

There is a difference, it just depends whether you can tell... I now have a 46" and its not hard to tell the difference between 720p/900p/1080p.

It's a bit more obvious lines that are pixel precise at 1080 no longer go via exact pixels at a lower resolution. Text is the biggest giveaway, but if companies are clever the overlay the HUD at native 1080 instead of the internal lower resolution.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th March 2014 at 03:21 PM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I still find Ryse has the best graphics of any of the latest generation games
    I've been tempted by Ryse but I cant bring myself to part with the money. Gonna refrain from buying TitanFall too and wait for Metal Gear as my next purchase. I thought the TitanFall beta was actually pretty cool but can see it getting boring quite quickly.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I should automatically get a key since I was beta for w8.1 as well, its free to play.

Its looking like Twitch is going to be better on xbox one when it launches, ironically at a higher res than the ps4 as well. Its good for those that care about twitch, the picture in picture is supposed to work well thanks to kinect. Quite a few people were not impressed with ps4 streaming quality.

EDIT: Ryse is really good, I enjoyed it a lot but I got it on xbox live sale a couple of weeks ago. I would avoid MSG (the one just out or just coming out) as its overpriced for a couple of hours of play.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th March 2014 at 03:41 PM.

Thank Post
    I would avoid MSG (the one just out or just coming out) as its overpriced for a couple of hours of play.
    There's 2 MGS games coming out this year, I'm avoiding the first as it's meant to be just a side story that sets up the 2nd game. The 2nd looks like its a proper MGS game (i.e. more than a few hours play), there's no release date for it yet. I've not seen anything else that really tickles my fancy coming soon.

Thank Post
    I would avoid MSG (the one just out or just coming out) as its overpriced for a couple of hours of play.
    Ground Zeros can be completed in 2 hours and it's £23, but its not linear and has more to do.... there's some full prices games that aren't criticised for length that can be completed in 4-5 hours.

Do you down a fine bottle of wine in one or enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by APMerry View Post
    I'm avoiding the first as it's meant to be just a side story that sets up the 2nd game.
    Its basically like the tanker level from MGS2 but you'll have to pay for it. It'll sets up the second game... but it's no side story though, full cannon.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th March 2014 at 03:59 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    MGS5GZ can be completed in 2 hours and it's £23, but its not linear and has more to do.... there's some full prices games that arent criticised for length that can be completed in 4-5 hours.
    You may find value, I dont, I was just stating my opinion it was over priced and I wouldnt really want to play a 2 hour campaign as I probably would complete it and put it down. On next gen consoles amazon lists it closer to £30. They did at least cut the price at the end of Feb before release from the crazy £40 rrp where it was a mugging in daylight really. I saw fanboys argue £40 for 2 hours of MSG was great value....
    When next gen hits £20 I may have a punt then though but £28 less than 2 hours (heard it can be rolled in just over an hour and a half) is too much.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th March 2014 at 04:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Its basically like the tanker level from MGS2 but you'll have to pay for it. It'll sets up the second game... but it's no side story though, full cannon.
    I LOVE THE TANKER LEVEL IN MSG2!!

Thank Post
    You may find value, I dont, I was just stating my opinion it was over priced and I wouldnt really want to play a 2 hour campaign as I probably would complete it and put it down. On next gen consoles amazon lists it closer to £30. They did at least cut the price before release from the crazy £40 rrp.
    When next gen hits £20 I may have a punt then though but £28 less than 2 hours (heard it can be rolled in just over an hour and a half) is too much.
    £23 on shopto...

Yeah someone done the main story in 90mins, but on the other hand it was only 9% complete. I just replayed MGS4 and Peacewalker (the best MGS IMHO) so this'll give a good 15-20 hours for me easy.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th March 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Whats the one with Snake on horse back, looks like a Red Dead Redemption rip off? Was thinking about looking in on that one because it's more open world, which I like, but there seem to be a number of other similar games (WatchDogs, Mad Max, Shadows of Modor, The Division) that I don't know if I can afford or find the time for it! Haven't actually played a MGS game properly yet. Did own the first on PS1 but never really played it then. Got a copy again for the PS1 now, it's also on my list of games to play before I die (a list that's far too long).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Whats the one with Snake on horse back, looks like a Red Dead Redemption rip off? Was thinking about looking in on that one because it's more open world, which I like, but there seem to be a number of other similar games (WatchDogs, Mad Max, Shadows of Modor, The Division) that I don't know if I can afford or find the time for it! Haven't actually played a MGS game properly yet. Did own the first on PS1 but never really played it then. Got a copy again for the PS1 now, it's also on my list of games to play before I die (a list that's far too long).
    The one with the horse is MGS5:The Phantom Pain (late 2014).

MGS1 controls feel a bit dated now. The 2/3/PW HD remakes on PS360 are very good. MGS3 and Peacewalker are the best IMHO and Peacewalker will probably be the most like MGS5TPP in terms of motherbase and collecting people.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 4th March 2014 at 04:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    £23 on shopto...

Yeah someone done the main story in 90mins, but on the other hand it was only 9% complete.
    Unless it has something epic I doubt I will find value, I have not read anything that has convinced me there is enough on the side to pad out the hour and a half campaign. £23 is better than £28 but I just am not that bothered about it. I was just attempting to tell others what to expect regarding the story completion time. Yeah no doubt there are a million other things to collect down the sides of the map for completionist out there but is it more a case of collect all the weapons/dont kill anyone in the campaign or is there something on the side I am not aware of?

Also are shopto only a paypal payment shop or do they have real card processing? I really distrust any paypal only store generally as I have had problems with them in the past (paypal merchants).
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th March 2014 at 04:18 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Beyond MGS2 I never found value in them, as they became samey (much like CoD did). Go around a base/installation/building, be sneaky, kill people, complete. Factor in a 90 minute story, its like paying 25p per minute to play the game!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread