+ Post New Thread
Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; What?? You are fleeing to the X1 to escape Rawns? :P...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What?? You are fleeing to the X1 to escape Rawns? :P

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    God I can't escape that name lol.....and no...... lol... just want a clean machine!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks CAM. I wouldnt want to start from scratch. I think a test in toys r us is in order. Lol

Thank Post
    I am really liking the xbox one so far, I got Forza 5 and it is a fantastic game and also played a bit of Powerstar Golf last night which is also great. I hope to get some more games for it around Christmas.

Thank Post
    Well after two people in my town were beaten up (one knocked unconcious) and had their xboxes stolen, I'm glad I didn't bother (why they parked so far away from the town - at one of the more notorious areas in the town for crimes - is beyond me, though. As sympathetic as I am, they're a bit stupid for being that far away after midnight carrying two bloody obvious boxes with the print "XBOX ONE" all around - not exactly inconspicious, is it?)

It seems there's very mixed reviews. Some are up in arms about how poor it is, some are 50/50, some are still wiping the brown off their noses. What's the real deal?! My brother made me laugh on the weekend about it though, "Yeah my mate has it and he said you can just say 'Xbox, ON' and it'll turn on!! "... kids, bless 'em. I think I'll be fine with hovering my finger over the power button or just pressing the button on my controller to turn my 360 on
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 25th November 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    My brother made me laugh on the weekend about it though, "Yeah my mate has it and he said you can just say 'Xbox, ON' and it'll turn on!! "... kids, bless 'em.
    and unless they fixed it... if you say "Xbox, off" it'll turn off the Xbone of whoever you're playing online with.

Much fun to be had with that. It's a shame there's no "Xbox, format C:" or "Xbox, delete system32".

carrying two bloody obvious boxes with the print "XBOX ONE" all around - not exactly inconspicious, is it?

If it's from somewhere like GAME, it's be a massive, heavy looking, white bag with "GAME" written on it.

I wonder what could be in there? [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by X-13; 25th November 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    and unless they fixed it... if you say "Xbox, off" it'll turn off the Xbone of whoever you're playing online with.

Much fun to be had with that. It's a shame there's no "Xbox, format C:" or "Xbox, delete system32".
    HAHAH that's fantastic!! Oh that's sold me, I'm off to GAME to buy one now - damage will be done I'm sure if someone digs deep down they'll find some hidden functions for it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    HAHAH that's fantastic!! Oh that's sold me, I'm off to GAME to buy one now - damage will be done I'm sure if someone digs deep down they'll find some hidden functions for it.
    Remember to disable YOUR voice controls. [If you can.]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    No.... like skype the xbox should be tracking what its outputting to noise cancel so its not an issue (the command is "xbox turn off"). Also you have to confirm the action as well.

Thank Post
    One thing to remember and that is if you say "xbox on" it won't work until the TV is on the right source, HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 etc. I had to set up a console for a 15 year old at the weekend and we were there for ages saying "xbox on" with the TV turned off it was funny

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,272 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @TBlax my review is that it is a good machine with a few features missing which they will hopefully address quite soon.

Mine runs quiet and fast, managing ghosts really well.

My issues with it are which they should be able to fix in updates are lack of voice rec in NZ, no voice messages or even listening to them from 360, not enough feedback about what it is doing hence my issues with ghosts to start out with (took forever to install). Lack of apps for NZ, we don't get YouTube but apparently you guys do. No way to pipe voice chat out to the tv if headset is connected.

I had a bunch of people round to have a go on launch day (had grabbed an extra controller) and they all loved the new controllers.

Smartglass is also great, better than the old one. I also like the qr code way of activating addins like preorder cards so you can just hold that up to Kinect rather than messing with long codes.

The integration between W8, WP and 360 with the one is also not quite done yet, achievements on X1 don't show on the others yet but again this is an update away.

Overall I like it and do think that these over sites will be corrected as time goes by.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A new thread for those with Xbox One's

Add your Gamertag here: Xbox One Gamertags

Thank Post
    Yeah my mate has it and he said you can just say 'Xbox, ON' and it'll turn on!! "... kids, bless 'em.
    It's sooooooo funny! I spent most of Friday just talking to it rather than playing games.

It is actually useful though. If you are like me and lose the remote for the TV "Xbox on" is actually really useful. Telling it to change games is great too. Also telling FIFA to make a sub/change tactics/formation/etc without pausing! I was expecting it to be a complete gimmick but it is good and actually works - even with a northern accent!

One draw back - I think I've filled my HD with game highlights... Xbox record that. And that. Yeah that too...

Thank Post
    Mine just records random events. Got loads of sweaty goals and average saves filling up my HDD.

Thank Post
    I've read xboxone doesn't support DLNA properly and only receives content and cannot initiate from a DLNA server, can you chaps confirm?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread