+ Post New Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Xbox One: Tomorrow's Announcement in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Rawns I don't understand how Steam are destroying your library Water Vapor, Books - they really don't ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I don't understand how Steam are destroying your library

Water Vapor, Books - they really don't mix.

On a more serious note - The whole 'you must authenticate before you play' thing is mainly due to the amount of digital content out there.

Add to that the whole online gaming concept and this gives manufacturers an easy way to attempt to combat piracy. Thing is, no-one has realised that all the ways that they are trying to implement DRM at the moment are only really hitting your average gamer, who just wants to play games and will happily pay for them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    Water Vapor, Books - they really don't mix.

On a more serious note - The whole 'you must authenticate before you play' thing is mainly due to the amount of digital content out there.

Add to that the whole online gaming concept and this gives manufacturers an easy way to attempt to combat piracy. Thing is, no-one has realised that all the ways that they are trying to implement DRM at the moment are only really hitting your average gamer, who just wants to play games and will happily pay for them.
    it always does. Look at avatar bluray they altered the drm on that such that a lot of bluray payers couldnt play it but it diddtn stop it being coppied just hacked off people who bought it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    assuming the prices on amazon are correct for ps4/xbox games at around £60 thats the reason i wont be buying either
    I used to say the same thing - then I rediscovered gaming recently and I changed my mind. The amount of hours I've spent playing games like Assassins Creed - that's hours each game individually, not hours series as a whole. The length of the credits roll at the end of each game. The number of years a typical AAA game is in development for now days. £60 could actually be a bit of a bargain. It's about value for money, and where you find that value. If I'm getting more than 20hours (absolutely min) gameplay for my £60 then that ain't half bad. £3 per hour. An hour at the Cinema would cost me double that these days!

Besides you just moaning about new release prices. Don't like what a few months and the price will drop for that game as it won't be able to compete with newer AAA titles at the same price point. A bit like waiting for the DVD instead of going to the Cinema, no? That and PS3 game prices are about £40 now. No doubt in 3-4 year time (inflation accepting) PS4/XBox1 games will be about the same price on release.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I used to say the same thing - then I rediscovered gaming recently and I changed my mind. The amount of hours I've spent playing games like Assassins Creed - that's hours each game individually, not hours series as a whole. The length of the credits roll at the end of each game. The number of years a typical AAA game is in development for now days. £60 could actually be a bit of a bargain. It's about value for money, and where you find that value. If I'm getting more than 20hours (absolutely min) gameplay for my £60 then that ain't half bad. £3 per hour. An hour at the Cinema would cost me double that these days!

Besides you just moaning about new release prices. Don't like what a few months and the price will drop for that game as it won't be able to compete with newer AAA titles at the same price point. A bit like waiting for the DVD instead of going to the Cinema, no? That and PS3 game prices are about £40 now. No doubt in 3-4 year time (inflation accepting) PS4/XBox1 games will be about the same price on release.
    but a lot of games ive bought later when you go onto live to play multiplayer its like a ghost town. I know that in the grand scheme of things £60 isnt a huge amount of money (but you have to draw a line somwhere and 1/2 as much again (assuming current games retail for £40) is just too big of a jump for me to justify esp when i seem to get more fun from space invaders than a lot of newer games) but in general i seem to get less and less out of games bought grid 2 a few weeks back and i just cba with it and tbh i cant remember the last game i bought that i actually sat down and played till whoa its 10 oclock how is it 10 oclock
    Last edited by sted; 20th June 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think that's where I differ. I enjoy reading books and watching movies and, in a way, I view gaming as an extension to that. For me I like a good, long, single player story I can get into and play out in a way the other two mediums don't allow for. I'm not interested in multiplayer at all. For games like Watch_Dogs and AC:IV I see £60 as a good, albeit expensive, investment. If they play like AC:III then I might be more vocal and complain

Thank Post
    I think that's where I differ. I enjoy reading books and watching movies and, in a way, I view gaming as an extension to that. For me I like a good, long, single player story I can get into and play out in a way the other two mediums don't allow for. I'm not interested in multiplayer at all. For games like Watch_Dogs and AC:IV I see £60 as a good, albeit expensive, investment. If they play like AC:III then I might be more vocal and complain
    im happy with single player games but apart from final fantasy 13 II i cant think of any ive sat down at for any length of time in years

Thank Post
    Oblivion and Skyrim have both sucked large amounts of time from my life.

But I think FFXI is the biggest culprit!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim combined have sucked close to 2000 hours of my life over all 3 games.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim combined have sucked close to 2000 hours of my life over all 3 games.
    Done over that much alone on CS:S lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    IIRC, AC4 is like AC3.

I liked AC3, but rage-quit at "Chase Charles Lee"... that mission is hard to 100%.

I also like the multiplayer, and AC4 comes with a toolkit to make custom modes.

Also, loads of boats [urgh...], loads of towns and uninhabited islandsm and loads of secrets.

Monster Hunter.

5 games [3 PSP, 1 Wii, 13DS] = ~3000 hours combined and growing.
    Last edited by X-13; 20th June 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    I
    I liked AC3, but rage-quit at "Chase Charles Lee"... that mission is hard to 100%.
    I realised early on in Brotherhood (I think it was) that chasing 100% only ever ends in tears and misery!

IIRC, AC4 is like AC3.
    Don't put me off now, I'm just starting to look forward to it! Actually I heard they are going back to the more stealth and planned assassinations of the earlier games rather than the button bashing bloodfest that was AC:III. I'm hoping the side missions are bit more clear and structured as I really didn't like doing any of them in AC:III.

Thank Post
    Actually I heard they are going back to the more stealth and planned assassinations of the earlier games rather than the button bashing bloodfest that was AC:III. I'm hoping the side missions are bit more clear and structured as I really didn't like doing any of them in AC:III.
    I'm eagerly awaiting the Square Enix remake of Thief

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I realised early on in Brotherhood (I think it was) that chasing 100% only ever ends in tears and misery!
    I've managed it fine since AC:2[?]... This mission is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC_Tom_M View Post
    I'm eagerly awaiting the Square Enix remake of Thief
    I'm waiting for Portal 3... I'm going to be waiting a long time.

Thank Post
    I'm waiting for Portal 3... I'm going to be waiting a long time.
    I'm waiting for HL2:Ep 3/HL3....Will be using a quantum atomic core CPU when that bad boy comes out...

Thank Post
    A worthy waste of time IMO.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread