+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, EduGeek Marvel Heroes Team in Fun Stuff; Haven't seen much talk about it and I don't have any friends playing the beta so I figured I would ...
    Thank Post

EduGeek Marvel Heroes Team

Haven't seen much talk about it and I don't have any friends playing the beta so I figured I would found the League of Extraordinary Edu Geeks (or at least something like that). I just recently played the free beta weekend and enjoyed it so much I decided to pre-order it so I can keep playing the closed beta. The game is free to play next month when it comes out. But if you are a Diablo II fan or a Marvel fan you can pre-order costumes and characters now and save a load of dosh. Especially the Iron Man Premium one I got. I cost $60 (us) and you get $55 back to spend in game, 1 hero that would normally cost $12, 5 or 6 costumes, xp boosters, closed beta access, and more.

Anyways onto the Team,
    To make things simple we'll base it of the Edu Steam group since almost everybody has joined that already. As of now I play the game a few days a week either in the afternoon or at night. I use a few different characters such as The Punisher, Iron Man and Hawkeye. So far I've had a squad of 4 and I'm not sure if you can get more than that, though you can go on 50+ player raids and boss battles. PM me or post below if you're interested in teaming up. Add me on steam as well JDMTeckademics

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Literally running out of time to sleep i play that much these days.

Added to the 'To Install' list.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    TBH that offer makes it sound like another wallet leecher. :|

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    TBH that offer makes it sound like another wallet leecher. :|
    Who said i'm paying for anything? xD
    FREEEEEEEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEEEBEBEBEBEE

Thank Post
    Pay to win games annoy me, especially in MMO's

I think games like WOW have it down best (shoot me now for saying that!) where its just pay for vanity.

Thank Post
    I wont lie to you guys, it's going to be the biggest leech of a game but to me it's worth it. It's really really fun for a Diablo II reskin. It all comes down to who you want to be. If it happens that one of the starting characters are your favorite hero you literally get the game for free. But say your favorite character is the Hulk and you want everything for him costume wise. It's like $10 for a character and I'm guessing $2-4 for each costume. You would probably spend like $18-$20. The people who can't make up their mind and want to play as every character and have every costume can expect to pay well over $500.

Also to clear anything up you can play through the whole game for free, all the missions and do anything in multiplayer for free. The story line and randomly generating raids and areas are also free. The only thing you pay for is heroes and costumes. No monthly costs. I think its a pretty good deal if you're not a greedy gamer and want every last bit of content.

As of now if you pre-order and pay the following amount you get this...

$20 - 1 Hero, 2 costumes, $10-$15 in game currency (enough for another hero and costume), 2 hours xp boost, early access

$60 - 4 Heroes, 8 costumes, $30+ in game currency (enough for 3 more heroes), 6 hours xp boost and item find boost, closed beta accessm early game access

$200 - Name gets put in the game credits, All the heroes 26+ (and spiderman symbiot villan/hero?) All Costumes, $50 in game currency, 3 Exclusive costumes, 1 week early access, closed beta, Permanent 5% xp boost and item find boost, and a bunch of other small stuff. (value of $500)
    Last edited by Yeo695; 14th May 2013 at 07:56 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is this a PWE title? That ridiculous $200 item pack fee seems familiar...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Is this a PWE title? That ridiculous $200 item pack fee seems familiar...
    They really seem like a new group of Devs and they seem to be one of those companies that is begging users for pre-orders so they can get enough money to finish the game. In a way I like being part of helping a new game company start up but I also don't like thinking I just invested all my money in a broken game that will never be finished and updates will almost never be released because of lack of funding.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This to me seems like a marvel version of DC universe, without as much customisation.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    This to me seems like a marvel version of DC universe, without as much customisation.
    Not even close. You actually get to play as the major heroes themselves and there is a pretty big skill tree for each hero. Also a multitude of costumes.

Not to mention gameplay is nothing like DCU. It's from the same studio who made Diablo 1 and 2 but under a different name. It plays like Diablo mixed with Boarderlands but has way more detail in it. And it's free to play.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread