+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The new, dominant, brilliant, king loving..... Xbox. in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by nephilim I handle plenty of FPS games fine, red orchestra, BF3, BFBC2, various others, just never enjoyed ...
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I handle plenty of FPS games fine, red orchestra, BF3, BFBC2, various others, just never enjoyed halo in the slightest, same with GOW
    I don't get it. If you can handle BF fine, i don't understand why you wouldn't enjoy Halo. The storyline is out of this world, and so is the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    The most overrated series of the last generation, except for Call of Duty.
    You take that back. Shocking you'd say that. Are you even a gamer?! *slaps*

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I've got the horsepower and technical knowledge to game on a PC, why would I get a subscription touting vendor locked piece of kit that doesn't facilitate work as well as play?
    It's a GAMES console. It's for GAMES and lovely GAMES at that. Xbox only GAMES are brilliant, such as Castle Crashers. If you don't know what GAME that is, you should research it. Fun to play with 3 others!

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I dunno, I was amazed by COD 1 when I got it. It actually scared me whilst playing it - adrenaline pumping etc... Not many games do that for me.
    Cod 1 2 3 (was alright)... that's about it imo. Cod flew away from me when ARMA was out, and BF.

Quote Originally Posted by aerospacemango View Post
    Shurely shome mishtake?

GoW is a 3rd person shooter?
    Anyhooooo....Have to say that I much prefer the PC to xbox.

MY fps experience goes back to BF1942, MoH etc, and to be honest, I prefer the graphical capabilities of a PC over a console any day of the week!

(Making my bid for #1 in the Wanted List!!)
    GAHHHH! Can be played in 1st person too you testie!

Why am i alone in this!

Thank Post
    I'll be getting the new Xbox when its released... love the smell of a new console in the morning

Looking forward to the 21 May.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Castle Crashers began life as a flash game on Newgrounds.com: on the PC/Mac/Linux

And just because @nephilim likes one FPS doesn't mean he has to like them all, that's ridiculous! I can't stand most futuristic FPS, especially since Halo as they're mostly just clones. Half Life is one of the few exceptions for me. Oh, and it's on PC/Mac/Linux too. Metroid Prime was pretty epic too, much better than Halo IMO.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Castle Crashers began life as a flash game on Newgrounds.com: on the PC/Mac/Linux
    Don't care! It's still on Xbox! grrrrr...

Nephi SHOULD like Halo ATLEAST. As many FPS gamers will tell you, it's a brilliant complexion of difficulty, storyline and gameplay.

GoW 1 & 2 is just ace.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Don't care! It's still on Xbox! grrrrr...
    The fanboy is strong in this one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Now I have a mancave, and my PC is hooked up to a big TV with the wired 360 controller, I reckon I'll sit this generation out. Which'll be the first since the N64, so what, three generations? Bit of a turn around from now when I have the Wii, 360 and PS3, but then I did get married and have children during this generation...

With the consoles moving to x86 architecture as well, the PC should get decent ports instead of barebones (hopefully). Buying games is cheaper on PC (wait 6 months, buy in Steam sale for £5, result) and the money I'd spend on the new Xbox/PS4 could just go on a new GPU and pretty up all my existing games as well as all my future ones - I still want to play Witcher 2 with ubersampling at some point, even if I'll be waiting a decade.

WRT exclusives, my Steam backlog is genuinely already in the hundreds. I miss games now. It is a fact of life /shrug

(plus using FPS games as an argument for consoles is daft. Mouse & keyboard are orders of magnitude better than analogue sticks there )

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Nephi SHOULD like Halo ATLEAST.
    I have tried to like Halo and GoW, I just dont, I cant explain why, it just lacks something for me, and it isnt to do with weaponry or anything, just the lack of teamplay and co-operation I suppose

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,397 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Mouse & keyboard are orders of magnitude better than analogue sticks there )
    Having done both, I have to disagree, a keyboard is only good because you can assign more commands, however the sticks are by their definition much more sensitive than a mouse, plus when trying to play quietly, it is easier on a console

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Having done both, I have to disagree, a keyboard is only good because you can assign more commands, however the sticks are by their definition much more sensitive than a mouse, plus when trying to play quietly, it is easier on a console
    I feel it's the mouse part of the equation that's better, I'm much more accurate with a mouse than with an analogue stick. Some cross-platform games have been balanced specifically to account for PC players being faster to react with a mouse than a console player can be with an analogue stick. But then, I grew up on Duke Nukem 3D and Dark Forces rather than Halo.

Driving games are awful with keyboards, mind. Super Meat Boy demands the controller, and Hotline Miami only made sense to me with M+K. The best thing the 360 ever did was give me a decent controller for the PC and let me have the choice (it's the best controller there's ever been anyway, IMHO, just edging out the Gamecube's)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I feel it's the mouse part of the equation that's better, I'm much more accurate with a mouse than with an analogue stick. Some cross-platform games have been balanced specifically to account for PC players being faster to react with a mouse than a console player can be with an analogue stick. But then, I grew up on Duke Nukem 3D and Dark Forces rather than Halo.
    Agree. It always confused me when they ported things like Command and Conquer to consoles. I can't imagine a more frustrating experience than a strategy game using a controller.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 797 Posts
    Now I have a mancave, and my PC is hooked up to a big TV with the wired 360 controller, I reckon I'll sit this generation out. Which'll be the first since the N64, so what, three generations? Bit of a turn around from now when I have the Wii, 360 and PS3, but then I did get married and have children during this generation...
    That's a very interesting point you've touched upon there, this'll also be the first generation I've skipped in, well, 5/6 generations! To date, I've gone:

Atari 2600 > NES > SNES > PSX + N64 > PS2 + Gamecube > PS3 + Xbox 360 + Wii

I find myself playing games on the current gen consoles extremely rarely these days (though funnily enough, I play Castle Crashers a lot because my daughter likes to play it with me) and quite often opt to play my NES if any console (I regrettably sold my SNES years ago to buy the PSX) though the vast majority of my gaming is done on PC.

Family is definitely a factor too, when little one is awake I just can't play the likes of GTA, COD etc. on the big screen, though if I do so happen to find 30 minutes where she's otherwise distracted, there's the PC monitor... then when she's gone to bed, flip over to Steam Big Screen and play on the TV.

TBH, using the Xbox pad with the PC on Big Screen to TV, it's easy to forget you're not playing on a console (until you realise how much more impressive the graphics are of course ;0)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Halo fan here! Backstory incredible! Gameplay awesome! Visually Stunning! Awesome Vehicles!

It's the only FPS I likle playing on consoles. All others have to be PC I'm deadly on COD on a PC but fairly useless on the Xbox because there's no 'point and click' feel with an analogue stick.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    The fanboy is strong in this one.
    Xbox for life, noodles, soup, chocolate and toast!

With the consoles moving to x86 architecture as well, the PC should get decent ports instead of barebones (hopefully). Buying games is cheaper on PC (wait 6 months, buy in Steam sale for £5, result) and the money I'd spend on the new Xbox/PS4 could just go on a new GPU and pretty up all my existing games as well as all my future ones - I still want to play Witcher 2 with ubersampling at some point, even if I'll be waiting a decade.

WRT exclusives, my Steam backlog is genuinely already in the hundreds. I miss games now. It is a fact of life /shrug

(plus using FPS games as an argument for consoles is daft. Mouse & keyboard are orders of magnitude better than analogue sticks there )
    Look. The EX BUX TREE IXTY is a brilliant console. The next gen console is going to be 5x better, if not 10x. Imagine if they put 8gb ram on there, you may actually be able to RUN a MC server lol @localzuk Yes, buying games on the PC are cheaper, but what you get on the xbox, you won't get on the PC. What you get on one console / rig you won't get on another. Yes, you probably could bu ya new GPU, but unless you're throwing out £700 - £800 on one, just buy the fricking console and get stuck in with millions around the world! An example, PGR4. Why in the god forbidden chicken soup would you play this on a PC...

Steam is, mind blowing. They're growing at an incredible rate. Who knows how long before they take over everything.... 'Hey Brain, what are we gona' do tonight.... the same thing we try to do every night pinky.... TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD'.

If FPS games we're superior with mouse + keyboard, why is the Cod champion using a xbox controller?

I have tried to like Halo and GoW, I just dont, I cant explain why, it just lacks something for me, and it isnt to do with weaponry or anything, just the lack of teamplay and co-operation I suppose
    You just suck.

I like you again now

Agree. It always confused me when they ported things like Command and Conquer to consoles. I can't imagine a more frustrating experience than a strategy game using a controller.
    Totally agree with this point. They did it with not only that, but one of the Halo versions too. Shocking. No other words.

Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    That's a very interesting point you've touched upon there, this'll also be the first generation I've skipped in, well, 5/6 generations! To date, I've gone:

Atari 2600 > NES > SNES > PSX + N64 > PS2 + Gamecube > PS3 + Xbox 360 + Wii

I find myself playing games on the current gen consoles extremely rarely these days (though funnily enough, I play Castle Crashers a lot because my daughter likes to play it with me) and quite often opt to play my NES if any console (I regrettably sold my SNES years ago to buy the PSX) though the vast majority of my gaming is done on PC.

Family is definitely a factor too, when little one is awake I just can't play the likes of GTA, COD etc. on the big screen, though if I do so happen to find 30 minutes where she's otherwise distracted, there's the PC monitor... then when she's gone to bed, flip over to Steam Big Screen and play on the TV.

TBH, using the Xbox pad with the PC on Big Screen to TV, it's easy to forget you're not playing on a console (until you realise how much more impressive the graphics are of course ;0)
    Stopped reading after '(I regrettably sold my SNES years ago to buy the PSX)'. You deserve a b slap.

However, i think i've only ever missed out on 2600, NES and PS3 to date. Pretty much owned what you've got up there. That and a comadore. ONE HARD ASS MAFIA GAME ON THERE. Impossibru to complete the first level!
    Last edited by Sunnyknight; 30th April 2013 at 09:32 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I loved C&C Red Alert on the original PSX! I was young however and didn't have a PC at the time. I did spend many weekends have link up battles at <1 fps though.

They released supreme commander for the 360 and i was sceptical, but they managed to make it work really well. I enjoyed it almost as much as I did the PC version.

Le Edit: Spelling corrections
    Last edited by ICTDirect_Dave; 30th April 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Thank Post
    but yet the snes version of sim city was the best version of the game imo so it can work

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast