+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, PCSX2 - a couple of problems in Fun Stuff; I'm going to try and explain this without going into too much detail, as it's questionable at best. [Emulators are ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Blog Entries

Question PCSX2 - a couple of problems

I'm going to try and explain this without going into too much detail, as it's questionable at best. [Emulators are legal, Homebrew is legal... some of the other things you can do, not so much.] If it's not allowed, I'll delete the thread if I can.

I've currently got PCXS2 set up on my laptop and I'm suffering severe FPS drops when doing certain things.

The FPS is limited to ~50 FPS which is standard for PAL. I can remove the limit and get ~415 FPS with native x4 [I haven't checked what the FPS drop is with the limit removed, I will do when I get in]

With the limit on it runs smoothly EXCEPT in certain conditions, and it really is specific things. The fact I'm getting >400 FPS with the limit off makes it look like it's not an issue with my graphics card not being good enough [GT 640M], which is the usual comment on it.

Does anyone know what I should be checking?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Haven't a clue unfortunately. I do know that the sound drivers aren't quite up to scratch when it comes to replicating the slash sounds in Final Fantasy vii however

Thank Post
    I've noticed that with a lot of tweaks I've made to the settings in it that I still can't get certain games to run smoothly.

Have you ruled out that it's caused by the game having any emulation issues? Should be able to find a list of what works well on their website.
    If you go to the compatibility list, select your game, and they may have notes attached, these usually contain the settings people have found it to work well at.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Haven't played with it in years but there's a couple of things I do know about it. It's driver based - it has numerous graphics/sound/controller drivers so it may be worth trying one of the others. And it, like most emulators, will almost certainly never work 100% with most applications you might put it to. Sometimes these glitches are what you have to live with if you want to play with such advanced software. If you want 100% - buy a secondhand PS2

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Have you ruled out that it's caused by the game having any emulation issues? Should be able to find a list of what works well on their website.
    If you go to the compatibility list, select your game, and they may have notes attached, these usually contain the settings people have found it to work well at.
    From the looks of things this is a known issue... except, it shouldn't be. From what I can see, there is NO reason this should be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    If you want 100% - buy a secondhand PS2
    I have a PS2. I just don't have the space for it.
    Last edited by X-13; 28th March 2013 at 11:03 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread