+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Bioshock Infinate in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Rawns In the interests of not turning this thread into a PC Vrs Console battle (as consoles ...
    Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    In the interests of not turning this thread into a PC Vrs Console battle (as consoles can't win... ) I will respectfully back down.
    The PC IS a console. Do not try to shy away from the facts.

Let's deal with this here and now. *Western music plays* *Hand on revolver* Draw, otherwise bow down to me and admit the PC is a console, not to mention as a defeat you must call me Master Sunnyknight

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,112 Times in 1,449 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC_Tom_M View Post
    The steam box is a console... of sorts.

It all depends on what you mean by "console". If you're talking about something custom made for gaming, then gaming PCs are consoles.

TBH, it's easier to think of it as "consoles are PCs", rather than the other way round.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm confused? I thought consoles had an 80 character greenscreen display?

Thank Post
    I think those are Terminals!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    my bad

Thank Post
    Caved in and bought it yesterday, should be with me this morning but have no time to play tonight. BOO.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've watched about an hour of it so far, and it looks good. Up to the Tower [dafuq are they doing in there?!]

Still the same ol' Bioshock way of storytelling, lots of [sort of] missable Voxophones and Kinetoscopes which expand the story [or explain things a different way].

This is the guy I'm watching, BTW. [That sounds creepier than I intended...]

Thank Post
    Preordered it, purely by coincidence, the day before it came out. Got a £300 tax rebate and decided to treat myself.

Played about 3 hours of it so far. Amazing. Despite the heavily different setting, it plays just like - and more importantly feels just like - the first Bioshock, with differences enough to keep it interesting. Elizabeth is a very well-thought out character from what I've seen so far. They could have ruined the game by making you have to 'protect' her during combat, but thankfully that's not the case.

Intrigued about the decision-making so far (I'm going to say 'ball', 'neck' and 'tickets' so as to not spoil it for anybody else, those who've got this far should hopefully understand).. The are parts in the game where you're given, I'd say 6-10 seconds to make a decision, although the decisions I've made so far haven't seemed to effect the gameplay, they still 'feel' serious, and I'm sure they'll have an impact somewhere. But I refuse to look up spoilers

Also, the rails are fun.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    (I'm going to say 'ball', 'neck' and 'tickets' so as to not spoil it for anybody else, those who've got this far should hopefully understand)
    I think "Ball" gets you an extra piece of clothing. But, I'm not sure if it does anything else later on. [Providing it's the one I'm thinking of.]

Thank Post
    My son is playing at the moment - he's a bit disappointed that the all the additional weapons he wins seem to have the same functions (throw or lay a trap), just with different graphics - what do you lot think?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    My son is playing at the moment - he's a bit disappointed that the all the additional weapons he wins seem to have the same functions (throw or lay a trap), just with different graphics - what do you lot think?
    A lot of them do have the same function, but they're all needed in different situations. Some enemies are immune to fire traps, so you have to use shock, some are immune to shock so vice versa.
    IIRC, Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't feature the trap setting, so you could only use these powers to attack directly. Adding in the trap function means you can now plan the fights, which makes things so much easier when playing on Hard or above.

I got it yesterday, I'm about 6 hours into it now, but I like to explore, and playing on Hard means I'm taking it a bit slower. Definitely the best of the three so far though, the environments are amazing, combat is fluid and the AI isn't too bad either. Elizabeth never gets in the way, and comes in handy with those tears she can open.

As for decisions, I've only seen Ball and Neck so far, don't think I've got to ticket. I always choose the one that seems right though, Booker aint no heartless thug for my runs

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    A lot of them do have the same function, but they're all needed in different situations. Some enemies are immune to fire traps, so you have to use shock, some are immune to shock so vice versa.
    IIRC, Bioshock 1 and 2 didn't feature the trap setting, so you could only use these powers to attack directly. Adding in the trap function means you can now plan the fights, which makes things so much easier when playing on Hard or above.

I got it yesterday, I'm about 6 hours into it now, but I like to explore, and playing on Hard means I'm taking it a bit slower. Definitely the best of the three so far though, the environments are amazing, combat is fluid and the AI isn't too bad either. Elizabeth never gets in the way, and comes in handy with those tears she can open.

As for decisions, I've only seen Ball and Neck so far, don't think I've got to ticket. I always choose the one that seems right though, Booker aint no heartless thug for my runs
    You did have plasmid traps in BS2.

Am enjoying it so far, great and heavy story that does not shy away from discomfort. Better weapon combat, you can use all those COD skills thanks to the more open setting.

I have to say I found the noise of Elisabeth's footsteps annoying at first but she is sooooo useful in game. I am playing on normal and have got up to a point I am struggling with that involves songbird.

A couple of things, I had to look up how to change viguors in game as I had forgotten: long hold on the vigour change button. The other thing is that 30 is the maximum number of lock picks you can carry but it does not tell you, this becomes really frustraiting because Elizabeth is telling you about a lockpick you should pickup but they no longer glow so you can't. So far I think I have found and opened every safe and door but I know I missed on two that I could not get to near the syphon.

All and all a great game, sufferes a little thanks to the dated engine but still great. If they had made this a 720 launch title I would have brought one.

Edit: Oh and be sure to try the vigour combos, murder of burning crows is rather destructive.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 29th March 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, finished it, it is as good as the original which is high praise from me, bioshock was the reason I got a console in the first place.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 31st March 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,975 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought terminals were what you terminated wires with?

Terminals_Main_Photo.jpg

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast