+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post

Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army

If you have £9.99 spare, and you also have three friends who also have £9.99 spare, I highly recommend you all get on Steam and purchase Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army for some serious four player co-op action fun.

WW2? Snipers? Zombies? What more could you ask for!!!

While it seems to be getting bad rep by the reviewers, it's actually great fun playing co-op with mates and is a bit 'Left 4 Dead'. The more of you there are, the more the zombies come. There is an awesome selection of sniper rifles, and it looks nice as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Heh, I read an article on this by Charlie Brooker yesterday.

Don't judge me, but I love sniping games | Charlie Brooker | Comment is free | The Guardian

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    @Geoff

Reading that article has furthermore drawn my attention to Arma 3. I need to get my hands on a key!

GTX

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    @Geoff

Reading that article has furthermore drawn my attention to Arma 3. I need to get my hands on a key!
    I agree Sunny, We should join forces and hunt 24/7 for some keys :P I want to play it!

Thank Post
    I liked Sniper Elite, but zombies just doesn't seem right for a sniping game, I was told the damn things are armed too, I'm assuming that's just certain heavy zombies?
    I'll probably still end up getting it in a sale at some point though, I like zombies, I like sniping.. just never tried the two together :P

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2's next on the list for me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    I agree Sunny, We should join forces and hunt 24/7 for some keys :P I want to play it!
    I know a few places that sell keys, but i'll have to check if they've got Arma 3 at the moment. If so, i'll hook you up with one (via link and your paying for your own by the way lol).

I want to play it too! Fly a chopper full of players into the ground and watch the chat explode lol

@Rawns

Will look into the game tonight. Sounds like a blast!
    Last edited by Sunnyknight; 19th March 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    I liked Sniper Elite, but zombies just doesn't seem right for a sniping game, I was told the damn things are armed too, I'm assuming that's just certain heavy zombies?
    I'll probably still end up getting it in a sale at some point though, I like zombies, I like sniping.. just never tried the two together :P

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2's next on the list for me!

Yea, they are effectively "tanks" with MG42's. They are a nightmare. There are also suicide zombies that are covered in Stielhandgranate's and dynamite that charge you. Normal zeds use hands/teeth/entrenching shovels.

The zombies and sniping concept works really well. Adds pressure when you have 50 zombies heading towards you. You have to make every shot count.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    I really need to get Sniper Elite - I played a demo of V2 and loved it. Those who have played both, which is better, 1 or 2?

GTX

Thank Post
    I know a few places that sell keys, but i'll have to check if they've got Arma 3 at the moment. If so, i'll hook you up with one (via link and your paying for your own by the way lol).

I want to play it too! Fly a chopper full of players into the ground and watch the chat explode lol

@Rawns

You got my hopes up then! Iv never really played Arma 2 fully. I can never work out the small stuff like re spawning near your team so you don't have to trek 3k just to get back to the action.

ill be surprised if you haven't played Dayz yet.. Now that's a game. Thinking about putting up a server. Just need to get a Windows server licence for it.. Its currently in France with CentOS 6 on it.

Thank Post

@Rawns

If you've not done so, check out here : ARMA3 Lite Alpha Keys

There are bound to be some more Edugeekers with ARMA3 Lite Alpha keys to give away for free. Failing that, the game is only £19.99 (which is a great price for a new game) and it includes full Alpha access, full Beta access (when it goes live) and then the actual game itself (when it's released). Even though a DayZ stand alone is due out, they are bound to port it into ARMA3 so worth having it for that when it happens!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    You got my hopes up then! Iv never really played Arma 2 fully. I can never work out the small stuff like re spawning near your team so you don't have to trek 3k just to get back to the action.

ill be surprised if you haven't played Dayz yet.. Now that's a game. Thinking about putting up a server. Just need to get a Windows server licence for it.. Its currently in France with CentOS 6 on it.
    @RickH

Haha! I'm not made of money you know! Believe me mate, it took a good while for me to understand respawning. I'd always have to drive miles, and when i got there, pop. Respawn. Pop. etc etc. Manic to say the least!

I haven't ever. played Dayz (Shield up for hurling abuse). Had to research it last night (Double shield up). I thought it was a expansion pack to the game, such as new missions / map packs (It's too much! Stop it!). I'll probably end up buying all 3 to be honest, A3, Dayz and Sniper Elite.

@Rawns

I've been scourging the internet for some keys, and this forum. May just have to bite the bullet and buy it Can't wait to have some fun with people though

Thank Post
    I haven't ever. played Dayz (Shield up for hurling abuse). Had to research it last night (Double shield up). I thought it was a expansion pack to the game, such as new missions / map packs (It's too much! Stop it!). I'll probably end up buying all 3 to be honest, A3, Dayz and Sniper Elite.
    What? I mean WHAT?! SERIOUSLY!!?!?!?! I demand you get the DayZ mod download and installed, and then bask in the greatness that is DayZ while screaming over direct chat "Friendly in Cherno?!"

For easy downloading and installation, DayZ Commander is your friend: http://www.dayzcommander.com/

@Rawns

I've been scourging the internet for some keys, and this forum. May just have to bite the bullet and buy it Can't wait to have some fun with people though
    I assume you're already aware, but just in case, you know the guest keys to the ARMA3 Lite Alpha do not include multiplayer, so if you want to play online (why wouldn't you?! It's where most of the fun is at!), you will have to fork out a score and buy the game which is totally worth it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    bask in the greatness that is DayZ while screaming over direct chat "Friendly in Cherno?!"
    lol. Made me chuckle. You've reminded me that I need to log in to check my ATV is still where I left it.

I bought Nazi Zombie Army for me and my girlfriend. We played through the village campaign, but the appeal was lost pretty much after this. The game's main way of increasing difficulty is to just throw more numbers at you, without providing any interesting scenarios (a la L4D2's crescendo events).

I do love the x-ray cam on single player, though. A unique element, which is a shame as I'd say it's main its selling point. I'd like to see things like that on more games.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    lol. Made me chuckle. You've reminded me that I need to log in to check my ATV is still where I left it.
    If it's more than 24 hours since you checked on it, chances are it's gone!!!

I bought Nazi Zombie Army for me and my girlfriend. We played through the village campaign, but the appeal was lost pretty much after this. The game's main way of increasing difficulty is to just throw more numbers at you, without providing any interesting scenarios (a la L4D2's crescendo events).
    You should of stuck out a bit more as there are some events like that. First is a boss to take down, then later on there is a blatant L4D2 rip of having to gas up a truck to escape, then another boss or two. Wile it's pretty linear, it's still good fun on the harder difficulties.

GTX

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    What? I mean WHAT?! SERIOUSLY!!?!?!?! I demand you get the DayZ mod download and installed, and then bask in the greatness that is DayZ while screaming over direct chat "Friendly in Cherno?!"

For easy downloading and installation, DayZ Commander is your friend: Home › DayZ Commander

I assume you're already aware, but just in case, you know the guest keys to the ARMA3 Lite Alpha do not include multiplayer, so if you want to play online (why wouldn't you?! It's where most of the fun is at!), you will have to fork out a score and buy the game which is totally worth it.
    Ah, Good old Dayz Commander.

The best thing you can do in dayz is gang warfare. 2 groups of players.. 2 bases.. in the middle of no where, Let the games begin

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast