+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Euro Truck Simulator 2 in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gdansk - Poland to Berlin - Germany to Hoek Van Holland - Netherlands to Harwich - England to London - England

Made around £2000 for the trip after fuel, insurance, tax, etc

Thank Post
    brought your own truck?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    yup. Stashed everything I made from all of my journeys over the week (made about 80 local(ish) trips at £300-£500 each), bought the truck sunday afternoon, much harder to get jobs with your own truck though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I highly recommend that you reach at-least Level 7 before buying your own truck with 1 skill point in High value, Urgent Delivery and Fragile Cargo and at least 2 points in Long-distance driving. While you pursue these skills you should start getting 25-30 Km deliveries in Quick Missions. They add up really quickly and over 1 week you can save a lot of money. This is the stage when you can buy your own truck and establish your company, without getting drowned in installment and repair/fuel costs. If you dont have enough money yet go ahead a take the highest loan you can afford. This will allow you to expand your fleet early with more trucks. But be warned, the costs can bite back if you dont get enough drivers or money to pay back the loan
    Last edited by nephilim; 13th January 2014 at 10:34 AM.

Thank Post
    I got loan for 80k and got a truck. (just upgraded to uk spec) So far ive done just under 1000 miles and still got 1/2 tank of fuel.

Im getting jobs alright. Im only level 3. Im getting between £3000-£5000 After a job. (not including anything else.) Where do you sort the insurance out? Ive not been outside of the UK much.

My plans are to upgrade once i pay loan off.

Thank Post
    I am obviously more of a trucker geek than you lot, I have 4 depots One in Manchester, Grimsby, Amsterdam and Paris, Two of them are 5 truck depots the others are 3 truck depots. All full with drivers\Trucks. Once a couple of depots the AI drivers start bringing in good money especially if once they level up. Just remember for the AI drivers it makes no difference on the spec of the truck. The other thing to remember with the AI is that they always must return to their home depot, so if you have a depot which has little cargo going to the city it can lead to more empty loads and more costs. When looking at buying a depot I have a look at the jobs screen and look at home many jobs destinations are to the city I want to put my depot in. Must admit I jumped into buying own truck pretty quickly after starting the game, and never had issues with paying back loans etc, I tend to arrange the jobs in value per distance and take the best job from that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you have an accident, insurance will pop up. It is costly and done on a per job basis. (Atleast for me)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    If you have an accident, insurance will pop up. It is costly and done on a per job basis. (Atleast for me)
    you mean like taking a curved slip road at 60mph and "slightly" nudging a car out the way as the trailer topples over. Is that the sort of thing you're on about?

I've got my own truck, but at the moment am still doing the quick jobs to build up cash (to pay off the loan for now). Getting about 5-7k per job with level 3 fragile cargo.

Thank Post
    Does this have online play? Sounds like it could be a fun arena for shenanigans, like driving on the wrong side of the road!

game of chicken anyone?

Thank Post
    Online Mod is in development

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am level 9 right now, got 4 in fragile cargo, and a 3 in ADR. Been having fun transporting fuel as well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Does this have online play? Sounds like it could be a fun arena for shenanigans, like driving on the wrong side of the road!

game of chicken anyone?
    Online it will be awesome.

I've already done overtaking of cars at 60 on country roads and flashing full beams right up the ass of every driver. I just need the neon lights, some lowered suspension and a sub in the cab and I'll be the boyracer version of a trucker

I do hope online lets you drive with trailers/cargo too. Will be great to just sneak up behind someone and nudge them

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    Online it will be awesome.

I've already done overtaking of cars at 60 on country roads and flashing full beams right up the ass of every driver. I just need the neon lights, some lowered suspension and a sub in the cab and I'll be the boyracer version of a trucker

I do hope online lets you drive with trailers/cargo too. Will be great to just sneak up behind someone and nudge them
    Ive removed the speed limiter now. (60-65mph everywhere) overtaking and undertaking. I'm going to add music to the game later on. (computer is plugged in to the surround sound)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    Ive removed the speed limiter now. (60-65mph everywhere) overtaking and undertaking. I'm going to add music to the game later on. (computer is plugged in to the surround sound)
    As I mentioned above, just be careful on overtaking at 60 on a winding road.....the trailers do seem to have this silly habit of throwing themselves out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    As I mentioned above, just be careful on overtaking at 60 on a winding road.....the trailers do seem to have this silly habit of throwing themselves out.
    Dont need telling that. mine like to slide off the road. (normally on slip roads (the ones that go round and down)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast