+ Post New Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Euro Truck Simulator 2 in Fun Stuff; Just got this game, what do you think I need to do first?...

Thank Post
    Just got this game, what do you think I need to do first?

Thank Post
    RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEE EEEEEEEEE!

Back to reality: Do a few of the Quick Jobs first, this will allow you to get used to the controls and get a 'feel' for the game while racking up some cash. Then, get a loan and buy yourself a garage and 2 trucks, recruit 2 drivers and knuckle down on the Freight Market. You'll soon forget all about the loan and start building your monopoly so long as you attack it right, you'll do well!

EDIT: There are plenty of different methods of how to go in with this game, the above worked for me though - and I believe it did for @nephilim too, or at least a similar way

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAGGGGEEEE EEEEEEEEE!

Back to reality: Do a few of the Quick Jobs first, this will allow you to get used to the controls and get a 'feel' for the game while racking up some cash. Then, get a loan and buy yourself a garage and 2 trucks, recruit 2 drivers and knuckle down on the Freight Market. You'll soon forget all about the loan and start building your monopoly so long as you attack it right, you'll do well!

EDIT: There are plenty of different methods of how to go in with this game, the above worked for me though - and I believe it did for @nephilim too, or at least a similar way
    Ok thanks I have briefly had a look at the recruitment but can't find the agency? Do you know where it is?

Thank Post
    Recruitment agencies are dotted around main cities/towns (Not sure if they're in EVERY location or just 'most',) have a drive round to the different "?" icons and you'll eventually find them it's useful to find multiple agencies as you'll have a broader platform for different drivers (range of skills etc. will go up)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Recruitment agencies are dotted around main cities/towns (Not sure if they're in EVERY location or just 'most',) have a drive round to the different "?" icons and you'll eventually find them it's useful to find multiple agencies as you'll have a broader platform for different drivers (range of skills etc. will go up)
    Ok thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    quick jobs until you have around £20k in the bank. then maximum loan possible (by this point it should be around 150-200k, if not the 400k loan).

Buy cheap trucks for the time being, and do the freight jobs, this will give you bigger wad of cash. Take a second loan to secure a garage and 2 drivers and their trucks. I advocate they learn long distance first as it pays the best overall. Then do Fragile and On time, then its up to you. From here you should be pulling in around 20k a job, the drivers should be pulling in between 8-10k a job. pay off your first loan. then build up funds to pay off the second loan. wait for a little while, then buy another garage, another driver and truck. Do this until you have a garage at least in Germany, France and England (the more centralised the better).

From here you will be pulling in around 80k a day. build up your garages to the 5 slots so you get much cheaper fuel. by the time you hit level 20-25 you should have around 3-5 garages, all with cheap trucks and drivers. As you earn more, give your drivers better and more economical engines. By level 35 you should be pulling in £1million a day if you expand as I have said. By the time I hit level 40 I was an ingame multimillionaire with a 5 slot garage, top spec trucks, in every country. By level 50 I had 5 slot garages in every town, with fully spec'd trucks for every driver and pulling in around £30million a day.

I did the same every time I played. Whilst some people on other forums say I glitched or cheated, I didn't, I "cheesed" in the fact I used the games mechanics to my advantage.

Thank Post
    Should I upgrade my game to version 1.7? (I think)

Nuget

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Buuummmppp!!!

1.10 is out, no idea what was changed. But good news that the multiplayer mod is now in open alpha and rather stable. They are still ironing out bugs though and the Steam sale made it cheap enough for the trolls to get hold of it and start having fun. Wouldn't bring your main profile on, you need a profile with no mod dependencies and at least one owned truck for it to work.

And it's due for a fix, but avoid Europort as it is filled to the brim with traffic as every player on the server descends upon it...

- - - Updated - - -

Buuummmppp!!!

1.10 is out, no idea what was changed. But good news that the multiplayer mod is now in open alpha and rather stable. They are still ironing out bugs though and the Steam sale made it cheap enough for the trolls to get hold of it and start having fun. Wouldn't bring your main profile on, you need a profile with no mod dependencies and at least one owned truck for it to work.

And it's due for a fix, but avoid Europort as it is filled to the brim with traffic as every player on the server descends upon it...

Thank Post
    I don't play this game anymore.

Thank Post
    Anyone played spin tires? That game is AWESOME! If you like Euro Truck Simulator you'll love spin tires!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've declined my hours in this game also. EU4 is now my Jam.

Thank Post
    Don't know if someone has posted it yet, but there is a Multiplayer mod for ETS2! Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer - Multiplayer mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kieransaul View Post
    Don't know if someone has posted it yet, but there is a Multiplayer mod for ETS2! Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer - Multiplayer mod for Euro Truck Simulator 2
    It's great, get it! Aside from the odd connection issues (can take a while to get in the server or sometimes it'll drop out) the mod itself is suprisingly very stable just be aware that you will get the idiots who will smash into your truck and cause 61% damage or something stupid at the very last mile of your 5 hour route

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    It's great, get it! Aside from the odd connection issues (can take a while to get in the server or sometimes it'll drop out) the mod itself is suprisingly very stable just be aware that you will get the idiots who will smash into your truck and cause 61% damage or something stupid at the very last mile of your 5 hour route
    I was playing it last night with my mate, there was a few trolls on there last night. It the moment my truck is falling to its doom. Apart from that small issue its great.

scrrenshot.png

^ It's like a majestic animal . I managed to level up to rank 333 while falling to my impending doom.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I found less trolls on the UK routes. Seconds after hitting the motorway in France I got rammed off the road for 100% damage.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread