+ Post New Thread
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, Minecraft FTB Ultimate Server in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by TBlax (it's the old vanilla way too, no fancy machines lol) Get a Pickaxe Turtle and make ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    (it's the old vanilla way too, no fancy machines lol)
    Get a Pickaxe Turtle and make it fully automated! :P
    I'm sure there's actually a machine that makes cobblestone when you input water and lava. But that's a lot more expensive to make than pistons, source blocks and a redstone 5-clock (or at least, that's my vanilla method of doing it..) I'll have to come take a shmosey at yours tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    Hahahaha! Have to consider it!
    I have a mechanism I admittedly ninja'd from Xal, using an iron OR gate and an iron OR gate with a pulser to only pull items out of my end chest if there's space in the iron chest at the end of the pipe (I now have two iron chests, so it goes End > Iron > Iron, to add even more storage space.. My End Chest configuration now allows for 5 vanilla chests worth! I may have to upgrade soon though..)
    Anyway, the system isn't infalliable, as if there's only 1 space left it can still pull multiple items, and the rest get LEEEAAAAAK'd. So my Hungry Chest is positioned where they land to eat the excess.
    Unfortunately, it also won't pull through items if the chest is full. That's the rule. So if there's half a stack of iron ore, but the chest is full, any subsequent ore won't be pulled through to be added to that stack.

.. although I think Hungry Chests might not be enough for the size of your quarry LEEEEAAAAAKs..
    Last edited by Garacesh; 3rd June 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Above the clouds and under the core of the earth
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    @Sunnyknight - pfff again?! I was not impressed with your lack of appearance last night moaning at me about being off! - I'll leave the towers lol you'll need to show me how you build them (design wise) - I'll look into building some small stuff like wheat farms etc. - will be useful for supplies. On the plus side I built us a cobblestone generator in the hidden supply room, it works great! filled a diamond chest in just over an hour (it's the old vanilla way too, no fancy machines lol)

Enjoy your foolishball!
    Hey hey hey, it's only 1 night so far, i said i MIGHT be off tonight lol 26? towers left to build, after the 2nd layer have been completed all round. Then they branch out about 20 blocks at a time, circling around so that my rail can pass through em all. I'll show you though lol. Cobblestone gennies are easy, 1 piston, 4 buckets of water and lava, redstone switch and redstone dust. Bob's yer cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Get a Pickaxe Turtle and make it fully automated! :P
    I'm sure there's actually a machine that makes cobblestone when you input water and lava. But that's a lot more expensive to make than pistons, source blocks and a redstone 5-clock (or at least, that's my vanilla method of doing it..) I'll have to come take a shmosey at yours tonight.

I have a mechanism I admittedly ninja'd from Xal, using an iron OR gate and an iron OR gate with a pulser to only pull items out of my end chest if there's space in the iron chest at the end of the pipe (I now have two iron chests, so it goes End > Iron > Iron, to add even more storage space.. My End Chest configuration now allows for 5 vanilla chests worth! I may have to upgrade soon though..)
    Anyway, the system isn't infalliable, as if there's only 1 space left it can still pull multiple items, and the rest get LEEEAAAAAK'd. So my Hungry Chest is positioned where they land to eat the excess.
    Unfortunately, it also won't pull through items if the chest is full. That's the rule. So if there's half a stack of iron ore, but the chest is full, any subsequent ore won't be pulled through to be added to that stack.

.. although I think Hungry Chests might not be enough for the size of your quarry LEEEEAAAAAKs..
    Lol... my diamond damn chests still fill like no tomorrow!!! If i have a leak in the twilight, i'm fudgesickled!

LEEEEEEAAAAAAAKKKKKKKK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <<< my reaction

Thank Post
    Have a tonne of chests all feeding into each other so the items perpetually go round-and-round-and-round-and-round-and-round-and-round-and-round-and-round-and-...
    You might get yelled at for that, though

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,890 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oi, you lot, no breaking the server with crazy loops.

I might finally get my power grid running tonight. I've got enough oil to run a single steam boiler for about 40 days... Need moarrrrrr.

And no, not going nuclear yet.

Thank Post
    I want to go nuclear, but I don't have any purpose for it ;_;
    I don't need to farm mob drops or power huge furnaces or.. Stuff. I dunno. xD

Thank Post
    @Garacesh, come have a nosey tonight and I'll show you where it is & how I've done it - it's nothing special but it's all I had available resources wise. Any pointers/help would be welcome of course

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Oi, you lot, no breaking the server with crazy loops.

I might finally get my power grid running tonight. I've got enough oil to run a single steam boiler for about 40 days... Need moarrrrrr.

And no, not going nuclear yet.
    You know when you say 'you better not do it', they usually do it :P

Also, You can have your power grid! I'm gonna tnt cannon it down! *screams worms version* IIIINNNNNCCCCOOOOOMMMMMIIIIIINNNNGGGGGGG

Thank Post
    @Garacesh, I have 3 solar panels and an MFE! Then I realised I needed advanced solar panels I imagine it'll take me a while to get the recipe sorted for those I also hooked up 8 redstone lamps for the bacon factory, will need your help finishing it up tonight if that's okay?

Thank Post
    Sure, I'll give you a hand.

Regular solar panels work, but they only generate 1 EU/t during the day and nothing at night, so they're a little slow. Get a chunk loader going so they generate energy whilst you're offline, that'll help a little bit. Make sure to have a torch next to them so they don't get snowed over!
    Also start a wood farm so you can make charcoal for running a generator in emergency circumstances. Advanced solar panels take a while to get, but Xal is able to produce UU-Matter so he helped me out, I'm sure he'd be nice to you if you fluttered your eyelashes a bit.

Honestly there's much better ways of having your own in-house fuel generated, but solar panels take up the least space than blaze generators or such :P
    Last edited by Garacesh; 4th June 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Thank Post
    @TBlax

Those would be ace on our towers! Nice blax nice. Well done my chihuahua

Thank Post
    FYI, I don't know what tool you need to pick up a solar panel. There's a prototype omniwrench in my storage (in the chest with the chip on it) that if you shift and right-click the TOP of the panel, it will drop it to be picked up. Otherwise, you'll just get a generator back.

I lost so many solar panels before I figured that out ;_; and silicon plates weren't easy to produce. Had to centrifuge 40 redstone just for (what ended up as) 2 plates (i.e. 40 redstone for 1 solar panel)
    Last edited by Garacesh; 4th June 2013 at 10:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    electric wrench in lossless mode (check your keybinds).

Thank Post
    What that guy said.

Thank Post
    What the hell is lossless mode?!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyknight View Post
    @TBlax

Those would be ace on our towers! Nice blax nice. Well done my chihuahua
    @Sunnyknight, I'll see if I can craft some up for the top , though we'd need the machines at the top I think as the energy can only travel a certain distance through pipes (the shorter distance the more energy transferred) according to Gara. His setup seems to work very well though so it's just the recipe of Advanced Solar Panels will be the hard bit.
    @Garacesh, feel free to help me make some advanced panels

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread