+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, SweetFX - Anyone tried? in Fun Stuff; My mate pointed me to this on the weekend. It's apparently allows you to make your games look better. Has ...

Thank Post

SweetFX - Anyone tried?

My mate pointed me to this on the weekend. It's apparently allows you to make your games look better. Has anyone used this at all?

SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread - Guru3D.com Forums

What is it?
    So in case you're new to SweetFX Shader Suite (or just SweetFX), it's a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, that allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games.

You may have tried another shader injection mod before, like InjectFXAA, InjectSMAA or FXAAtool. SweetFX improves upon all of these.

You can add SMAA anti-aliasing , sharpening and tweak the color, gamma , exposure and more.
    It's meant to allow you to improve the look of your games and change the look and mood of it to your liking.
    If you use SMAA antialiasing instead of MSAA or an even more expensive antialaliasing technique you can also make the game run faster (than with MSAA)

Effects included:

* SMAA Anti-aliasing : Anti-aliases the image using the SMAA technique - see SMAA: Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing
    * LumaSharpen : Sharpens the image, making details easier to see
    * Bloom : Makes strong lights bleed their light into their surroundings
    * HDR : Mimics an HDR tonemapped look
    * Technicolor : Makes the image look like it was processed using a three-strip Technicolor process - see Technicolor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    * Cineon DPX : Makes the image look like it was converted from film to Cineon DPX. Can be used to create a "sunny" look.
    * Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    * Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    * Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    * Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    * Sepia : Sepia tones the image - see Photographic print toning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    * Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. - see Vignetting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
    * Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ditheri...age_processing )
    * Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.
    Last edited by Rawns; 5th March 2013 at 02:13 PM.

Thank Post
    No one?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    No one?
    Never heard of it, though I am intrigued... have you tried it yet?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Never heard of it, though I am intrigued... have you tried it yet?
    No I haven't, I keep meaning to give it a go. My mate swares ARMA2 looks a lot nicer with it, but it involves copying various files into the ARMA2 dir to get it working. Not too sure how you can configure it either...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread