+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Gaming Thread, New Tomb Raider [released 5th March 2013] in Fun Stuff; I had about 2 hours on the 360 version - without spoiling i'm about 10 mins after the radio tower... ...
    Thank Post
    I had about 2 hours on the 360 version - without spoiling i'm about 10 mins after the radio tower... Loving it so far!

As you say - the puzzles have been very simple, i think the hardest one (the windy room) took me about 5 minutes to figure out. The hunting is harder than i thought it would be - guess it's the lack of aim lock, but it's getting easier!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 794 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    I had about 2 hours on the 360 version - without spoiling i'm about 10 mins after the radio tower... Loving it so far!

As you say - the puzzles have been very simple, i think the hardest one (the windy room) took me about 5 minutes to figure out. The hunting is harder than i thought it would be - guess it's the lack of aim lock, but it's getting easier!
    Sounds like you're way ahead of me! I've only just got to the "tied up by pesky Russians" part (to put it mildly - it's really much more NSFW than that!)

In my defence, I did spend about half an hour in the bonus Tomb I got for pre-ordering and about another half hour just marvelling at the scenery in "ultimate" graphics settings lol

Thank Post
    Maybe i spent a bit more than 2 hours then - I don't think I'm much in front of you though (30-40 mins), and no pre-order bonus' for me!

The next bit is really fun ;-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like I need to see if I can aquire a copy when I get home. [No demo = No money until I've tried it.]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I only spent about an hour on the game last night myself, i haven't got to the tower part yet I've just been doing some sneaking around... but i just got caught up with stuff last night but going to chill out and play it for a bit in a moment as just got back. love it so far though, fairly simplistic at present but as always i expect it to get slightly harder.. kinda makes me miss the old versions! ;-)

James.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Steam offer 10% discount on pre-orders, so I save money by pre-ordering.
    Tomb Raider is a SteamWorks game so you could have saved between 20%-34% by pre-ordering/buying it elsewhere and still have the ability to download it through Steam.

Simply Games: 21.99 (Download)
    Amazon: 22.50
    GameSeek: 19.75
    Green Man Gaming: 24.00 using voucher code (Download)

By pre-ordering the game you're now 2.99-7.24 worse off!!!
    Last edited by Arthur; 7th March 2013 at 06:29 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Completed, Just need to go back and get some of the relics that you couldn't get initially due to not having the relevant weapons... I have a few secret tombs to find and a couple of weapon upgrades but shocked i actually did a good job at getting most on the initial first walk through!... :-) Sorted!

Has anyone played it online yet? (I've not looked)

James.

Thank Post
    Yeah i completed it on thursday, fairly short! Need a few relics and documents but not sure if i'll bother. Had a quick go online last night - it's not bad but not great

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_ View Post
    Yeah i completed it on thursday, fairly short! Need a few relics and documents but not sure if i'll bother. Had a quick go online last night - it's not bad but not great
    Yeah I had a go online last night, not brilliant but it's alright... I would of completed it quicker but only had limited time on it.. think it's take me around 9-10 hours in total (not sure)... I got 71% first time through it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can someone test a bug for me? I don't know whether it's a legit bug or an issue with me "demo" version. [My proper version should have turned up today... apparently it was too big to fit through my letter box.]

The bug is as follows:

Once you've completed the "gather food" mission right at the beginning and make it back to camp, if you master a new skill and cancel out partially [then go back into the skill menu] you can't exit again.

[Optional] I managed to get 5 skulls in that area and the journal, I don't know if that affects it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123