The Nissan LEAF® DLC is now available!
- Use avenues to get people from A-B and try avoid zoning on them, they are buggy.
- Volunteer all your vehicles except Recycling Trucks to neighbours. You don't get penalised for it except Recycling Trucks which are bugged and break the recycling centre.
- Do not demolish buildings with vehicles. Switch them off and wait for all service vehicles to return to avoid the ghost vehicle bug. Also bulldoze roads with traffic slowly so the people on them snap to the nearest road to stop service vehicles and population vanishing into the ether.
- Nuclear power is best avoided until you fully understand how to exploit the education system or you will irradiate half your city.
- Put Commercial in-between Industrial and Residential (but not directly on your main route to minimise congestion, use access roads!) so people shop on their way to and from work. Also sprinkle some Commercial around the rest of your Residential zones so everyone isn't descending upon one part of the city when they go shopping.
- Plan your road network. Now. Do it or suffer traffic hell. Keep the area round your highway connection clear of excess zoning and junctions.
- Gambling and Tourism is broken and doesn't work. Processed resources like Oil, Coal and Iron are the way to go. Processors and TVs are most profitable.
- Play with friends! It makes it so much better.
Nice and subtle in game advertising there...
What? You expect EA to offer free DLC without getting a kickback somewhere? [/sarcasm]
The Nissan charging station is free. Nissan paid for it, not that it does much. But tbh city simulation is a genre where real companies advertising adds to it. SC4 had user-made mods with real name companies in.
Don't mind me CAM.. I'm still bitter about the ME2/3 DLC, which was only available by drinking Mt Dew/Dr Depper in the US
Nissan is fine, but what exactly would the point of having a Walmart, Walgreens, Fresh & Easy, Trader Joe's and Best Buy in cities built by British players? It doesn't serve any purpose since we won't be able to visit these supermarkets and shops (unless on holiday or emigrate from the UK).
The Simcity regions don't have any particular country. Even my home server is Antarctica! Not many Walmarts that far south!
Not enough people active in a region has forced me into madness. I'm now moving from > fully arsed to half arsed.
The regions set up in another forum I frequent have all but died as interest has waned. Most say that it's a mix of the amount of bugs appearing and the realisation and obviousness that it isn't a simulation has made it less gripping. Tis a shame but I'm glad I waited.
Regions seem to have turned into most players a week+ unplayed and a few users who are a day or so unplayed. Maybe one more who has played in the last 24 hours and just hope any active players have a road connection to you.
The rest can be used to generate commercial revenue with shoppers and commuters, though even a small town has a lot of traffic generated each day. I watch the shopping hordes descend on my city at 6am and back the motorway up until 8pm, the two inactive neighbours are only in their hundreds with no transit options at all! Thankfully the big active city with thousands of people has a rail connection and bus stops so I installed a rail and municipal bus station and they travel via that instead.
If people stayed active, i'd have at least 100mil $ by now lol. I agree with monkey though, it's seriously lost that 'simulation' feel. Now if they bought simcity 4 online, now, now, now that is a totally different story altogether.
THAT would be the 'baws'!!!!
Edit: CAM, i'm surprised you've last this long and ain't gone insane with people going afg. O.O
Eh I just make a new city and abandon the old one when the region completely dies. Made harder with the server filter broken...
Talking of which! Big patch hit the test server today.
Updates currently on our Public Test Server:
• Join Region Filter: Results will only show regions with available slots.
• Leaderboards: Leaderboards restored.
Updates currently in our Development Test environment:
• Mayors Mansion: Mayor will now drive his fancy cars to work. Mayor will take his helicopter, limo, or sports car if the modules are present.
• Data maps: Now show in their normal color when a color filter is enabled (unless in a colorblind mode)
• HUD: Now color-corrects when in a colorblind mode.
Fixes and Updates
• Cities not Processing/rollbacks: Fix to mitigate the chance of future occurrences of cities not processing and rollbacks.
• Leaderboards: Restoring leaderboards to all servers.
• Invitations: Invitations to join a region should be sent and received more quickly.
• Region Filters: Now sorts regions with available cities to the top
• Tourism: Fixes for unexplained fluctuation of tourists. Tourists more smartly counted on transit.
• Casinos: Casinos tuned so that Gambling will be a more profitable specialty. Players can bulldoze and replace existing casinos to see effects of tuning.
• More Casinos: Raised module limit on Sci-Fi and Sleek Casinos to 6 modules.
• Region Play: Cash gifts can now be received in a bankrupt city.
• Education: Fixed school buses getting stuck at the high school. Existing Schools will fix themselves.
• Education: Fixed school buses picking up students at neighboring cities that didn’t have school bus stops.
• Education: Fix to more accurately track regional student population.
• Education: Fix where kids leaving the school bus stop would teleport to the nearest pedestrian path instead of walking directly into the school.
• Education: University wings now give the proper bonus.
• Recycling: Fix for the Recycling Center where it would sometimes stop working, recycling services will visit other cities.
• Air pollution: Fixed issue where air pollution would appear to come from nowhere. Fix issues where your regional air pollution would be reflected back into your box for a double penalty.
• Fire Service: Fire Trucks don’t clump, dispatch to fires more efficiently.
• Water: Water pumps are now capable of pumping water from rivers at a larger radius so they can take better advantage of the water table in a city.
• Disasters: Cooldown for random disasters: Some players were getting hit too frequently with random disasters, this introduces a cooldown where no random disasters will occur.
• Trade: Fix for trade ports that suddenly stop shipping.
• Transit: Street Cars and Buses go to high volume stops first.
• Transit: A city with residents and public transit will now provide the accurate amount of workers and shoppers to its neighbors.
• Transit: A transit vehicle stuck in a pick-up or drop off loop will now go back to a garage instead of trying to pick up more people.
• Transit: Neighbors buses will now come in lower numbers into the city and do a better job at picking up local passengers first.
• Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.
• Budgets: Fixed bug with monthly transactions being used to get around systems pushing back.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)