+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, ARMA3 Alpha on Steam - March 5th! in Fun Stuff; 40mins left on my download!!! wooooo...just enoguh time to make sausage egg and chips...
    Thank Post
    40mins left on my download!!! wooooo...just enoguh time to make sausage egg and chips

Thank Post
    3 words: OH! MY! GOD!

Thank Post
    quite alot of glitches but its an alpha so it was expected, but the actual play is awesome and graphics are wicked. Cant wait for a full release, played a few games last night...quadbike death race is hilarious

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    quite alot of glitches but its an alpha so it was expected, but the actual play is awesome and graphics are wicked. Cant wait for a full release, played a few games last night...quadbike death race is hilarious
    To be honest, I did not find very many bugs or glitches even though it's Alpha at the moment. The graphics really are stunning though! Played the showcase single player missions and they are all great fun. And the flying in this version seems to be a lot smoother and easier.

Me and carbon played coop too and I was squad leader. When a squad member died, I kept automatically demanding the dead squad members status over the radio! That got rather annoying (4: STATUS! 4: STATUS! 4: STATUS! 4: WHATS YOUR STATUS?!...etc etc). Other than that, no other real issues. All it's done has left me with a craving for the full game!!!!

Thank Post
    the "just for fun" servers are good if you can get onto them, loads of weapons to try, loads of vehicles

Thank Post
    Has anyone read through the issue tracker website they set up? (My View - Arma 3 Feedback Tracker). It's actually really impressive and it's interesting to see the most popular issues. The top one that really interestes me is that loads of people are reporting that only 30%-50% of their CPU and GPU is actually being utilised. I monitored this when I was playing and my 8 cores were barely breaking a sweat, and to be honest, it was quite smooth as well. It's been assigned to a dev and if they can address this, hopefully it play just as smoother!

There are some amusing issues reported too. One is reporting fish swimming out of the water and across land (which apparently is worse when there is a storm!).

Then the stupid "issues" from people who have no concept of what ARMA actually is, for example requesting mulitplayer is modeled on CoD with leveling, perks, classes etc. I hope someone punches that guy in the face.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    There are some amusing issues reported too. One is reporting fish swimming out of the water and across land (which apparently is worse when there is a storm!).
    NOOOOOO! That needs to stay as a feature. [Like the walking bottle in Tomb Raider.]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    NOOOOOO! That needs to stay as a feature. [Like the walking bottle in Tomb Raider.]
    There are snakes on land (which apparently can open doors). Maybe the two can have a battle royal? Or maybe this is evolution all over again. The fish AI is self-aware and trying to evolve.....

2013-03-06_00003.jpg
    arma3 2013-03-08 17-56-36-61.jpg
    2013-03-08_00002.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    There are snakes on land (which apparently can open doors). Maybe the two can have a battle royal? Or maybe this is evolution all over again. The fish AI is self-aware and trying to evolve.....
    If this wasn't a FPS, I'd be all over it... JUST TO SEE THAT!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12