+ Post New Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by tmcd35 PS+ version will be a little cut back - think Gran Turismo Prolgue. A few less ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    PS+ version will be a little cut back - think Gran Turismo Prolgue. A few less cars and a few less tracks. Also, rumoured to have a special PS+ upgrade to full version price which might be interesting if the PS+ version prooves spectacular. I doubt either PS+ or upgrade would get any pre-order bonus stuff.
    Screw it, I'll just buy it then. Had a pre-ordered for what seems years anyway!! xD

Thank Post
    PS+ version of Driveclub is 1 country with 5 tracks and 10 cars. PSN+ version can be upgraded to full. The full version has at least 5 countries (Chile, Norway, Scotland, India and Canada) but no indication on the amount of countries in the final product. Don't know how many cars.

The game can be Platinum'd with just PSN+ version. For those without PSN+ they'll be 3 months bundled in with the full version.

Sky Now TV coming to PS4 in the summer, Sky Go later in the year, not behind the PSN+ of course
    Sky Go and NOW TV to join PlayStation®4 this summer

Thank Post
    This is currently available to pre-order on PS4 for £35 which seems like quite a good deal.

The Last of Us - Remastered PS4 @ Zavvi for £35.07 - Hot UK Deals

Couldn't resist it for the opportunity to play the multiplayer in 1080p with upgraded graphics

The last of it: Naughty Dog on bringing The Last Of Us to PS4 | Features | Edge Online

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 2,183 Posts
    PS4 firmware update hit with widespread bug

PlayStation 4 users who have updated to firmware version 2.00 report that putting the system into "Rest Mode" prevents the console from reawakening.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    @FireyRed

Yikes - I updated to 2.00 the day after it was released

Presume if it won't wake up, gotta disconnect power lead and re connect and power on again ( as per the article and any PC type device ) if you disconnect the power lead whilst it is on then doesn't do the HDD any good ?
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 31st October 2014 at 10:45 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    @FireyRed

Yikes - I updated to 2.00 the day after it was released

Presume if it won't wake up, gotta disconnect power lead and re connect and power on again ( as per the article and any PC type device ) if you disconnect the power lead whilst it is on then doesn't do the HDD any good ?
    The HD is generally OK its the file system that doesn't like it. The PS4 will then generally power on, boot into recovery mode, repair it's file system database, reboot back into OS.

PS4 OS 2.01 was released yesterday to fix the 'rest' mode bug. It's an optional update, not mandatory.

Thank Post
    Didn't see any issues myself - but as the 2.01 update is there, I'll move to that.

No AAA games on PSN this month either, but they've used the PSN blog to apologise for the delay on Driveclub (which, apparently we are still getting) and state that we'll be getting Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition in December and Infamous: First Light in January.

Finally - something decent!

They've not said anything about PS3/Vita yet.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Injustice is a great game, and if you get the mobile version you get extra content just by playing and completing some of the challenges on the mobile version, and vice versa

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by korifugi View Post
    No AAA games on PSN this month either, but they've used the PSN blog to apologise for the delay on Driveclub (which, apparently we are still getting) and state that we'll be getting Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition in December and Infamous: First Light in January.

Finally - something decent!
    I think PS+ on PS4 has been pretty good this past year. Personally, given the age of the hardware and the price I pay for PS+ each year, I'd be happy if we only got two "indie" games per month for another year.

Still, perhaps they need to do something in the face of the ongoing DriveClube debacle.

Thank Post
    I've ummmed and ahhhed about Injustice for quite a while thinking 'Do I get it?'. Not a problem now.

Also Infamous: First Light - haven't got around to getting it yet, but I've wanted it since it was announced. Guess I'll wait until next year now.

Time to go and glare at Evil Within, Natural Doctrine and Shadow of Mordor then...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I think PS+ on PS4 has been pretty good this past year. Personally, given the age of the hardware and the price I pay for PS+ each year, I'd be happy if we only got two "indie" games per month for another year.

Still, perhaps they need to do something in the face of the ongoing DriveClube debacle.
    True - I loved Mercenary Kings and Dead Nation, plus I liked them putting out Crysis3 on the 3 a while back, and let's face it £40 a year for 24 indie games?

'tis actually quite a good deal (even more if like me you have a 4, 3 and Vita.)

Thank Post
    I just finished Last Light, picked it up last month

Good little stand alone, lasted me about 5 hours for main story and 100% collectibles in the city, just got to do score attacks in the Arenas now to get the plat.

Thank Post
    OS 2.02 out today and mandatory. More stability (please let the messaging be fixed).

Not long till Dragons Age and GTAV

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Episode 1 of Game of Thrones; "Iron From Ice"; is out tomorrow - anyone else looking forward to it?

Telltale seem to get a lot of flack from the gaming community for their engine, but I think it's great; a welcome return to/refresh of the story driven adventure game

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Telltale seem to get a lot of flack from the gaming community for their engine
    So much flack that I've literally seen none of it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread