+ Post New Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; I've got all the Free2Play and PS+ games and AC:IV. AC:IV was worth the price of entry alone as a ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've got all the Free2Play and PS+ games and AC:IV. AC:IV was worth the price of entry alone as a single player. Problem is I'm not into things like Killzone or Knack enough to want to lay money out on them. I'm really missing something like DriveClub that'll enable me to properly show off to friends and family when they visit. At the moment it's a choice of watch me play AC:IV or play a 1980's remake (Resogun aka Defender).

Certainly a few games I've got my eye on over the next year or so...Watch Dogs, The Division, Hitman 6, Sleeping Dogs 2, Mad Max, possibly The Order. And of course, DriveClub will eventually come to PS+.

Saw a trailer for The Division the other day - wow! The difference when not developing with last gen compatibility in mind (AC:IV) is amazing!

Thank Post
    The Division looks incredible. Will certainly set a bench mark for what next gen games will be like.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I've got all the Free2Play and PS+ games and AC:IV. AC:IV was worth the price of entry alone as a single player. Problem is I'm not into things like Killzone or Knack enough to want to lay money out on them. I'm really missing something like DriveClub that'll enable me to properly show off to friends and family when they visit. At the moment it's a choice of watch me play AC:IV or play a 1980's remake (Resogun aka Defender).

Certainly a few games I've got my eye on over the next year or so...Watch Dogs, The Division, Hitman 6, Sleeping Dogs 2, Mad Max, possibly The Order. And of course, DriveClub will eventually come to PS+.

Saw a trailer for The Division the other day - wow! The difference when not developing with last gen compatibility in mind (AC:IV) is amazing!
    BF4 looks like my PC version (I've got a 7970).

I cant stop playing Resogun.

Agree, the Division looks fantastic, cant wait for that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So, I'm sitting at my desk thinking - "I need a co-op game for my PS4" when I discover there is a Demo of Marvel Superheroes available in the PSN Store...

I've just logged into my US PSN account and "bought the demo". My PS4, at home, has just started installing it!!!

I love technology

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    So, I'm sitting at my desk thinking - "I need a co-op game for my PS4" when I discover there is a Demo of Marvel Superheroes available in the PSN Store...

I've just logged into my US PSN account and "bought the demo". My PS4, at home, has just started installing it!!!

I love technology
    That's a good point - what co-op games can you get for or on the PS 4 ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Could the ps3 not do that?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    That's a good point - what co-op games can you get for or on the PS 4 ?
    Marvel Superheroes! - and thankfully a demo available so I can see if it's worth 's before I buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Could the ps3 not do that?
    Not sure, might be a recent update. Did look like there was an option in the store for a PS3 download queue. First time I've used it. Just think it's a brilliant idea.
    Last edited by tmcd35; 13th December 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure, might be a recent update. Did look like there was an option in the store for a PS3 download queue. First time I've used it. Just think it's a brilliant idea.
    Yeah I thought they would have added it by now, the 360 has had it for years too, mega useful especially when sales come around and you are AFC (console) being able to at least buy the lic is good anyway.
    Glad steam did the same thing too with mobiles etc as well.

EDIT: I played Marvel on the PC (using 360 controller actually) when it went f2p, it should have improved by then but it was a pretty typical MMO and I found myself repeating the same bashing all the time.
    One to watch would be Planetside 2, pretty rocking fun at times and they are finally fixing the performance issues so they can get it to run on the ps4 (most pc's struggle) as its always cpu bound now when using far more powerful kit than a ps4. You can see vids about the stuff they are doing to reduce cpu load and already it has improved the pc performance so heres hoping they get 1080 60fps on the ps4.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 13th December 2013 at 02:14 PM.

Thank Post
    Game got some extra "Free Sells" in stock on Monday, I gave in to temptation, ended up with the Killzone Bundle, 2 Controllers, a Turtle Beach Headset, 1 Year of PS+, CoD: Ghosts, BF4, Injustice, Lego Marvel Superheroes and Need for Speed Rivals.

Did cry a little at the price afterwards though.

So far I'm enjoying it, been playing Killzone, NFS and Contrast, probably enjoying Contrast the most out of them all :P

Thank Post
    'Don't Starve' is free on PSN+ as from today for PS4.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    'Don't Starve' is free on PSN+ as from today for PS4.
    Downloaded it through the site so I was able to play as soon as I got in.. well in theory.
    Had an error stating "Cannot start application. This application can only be started by a user who has a license for it", Luckily you can fix it by going to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses.

Once I finally got to play it, turned out to be a pretty good game! Not sure why I didn't pick it up on PC, but I think I've found my next PS4 time sink anyway.. just gotta make it past Day 5 now

Thank Post
    PC horror game "Outlast" is free on PSN+ from today for PS4.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Heard good things. May break my "no first person" rule and give it a go, it's free!

Thank Post
    Dead Nation: Apocalypse looks like it'll be the free game on PSN+ for PS4 (PS3 gets the awesome Tombraider reboot free) in March.

Indie wise: 'Fez' (pay once for PS3/PS4/Vita) along with Towerfall Ascension and Steamworld Dig in March.

Retail games in March 'Infamous Second Son' and 'Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeros' on 21st March....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tomb Raider one I've been wondering about for awhile. Good to get it for free, now I can stop wondering and just (find the time to) play it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread