+ Post New Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 440
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Theblacksheep MCV reports 250k in UK alone in the opening weekend to make it the fastest selling ...
  1. #346

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    6,069
    Thank Post
    902
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    MCV reports 250k in UK alone in the opening weekend to make it the fastest selling UK console. Outsold the WiiU already.

    PS4 has sold over 250k PS4s in the UK | Games industry news | MCV
    Eurogamer reports Sony allocated 300,000 to the UK: PS4 looks set to break records at launch • News • PlayStation 4 • Eurogamer.net

    Given a reported 1% error rate, that means there should be some 47,000 in shops spread around the country (probably gone by now).

    Edit: anyone know Microsofts opening weekend figures?

    Edit (Again): scrap that, should have read the linked article first! - 150,000
    Last edited by tmcd35; 2nd December 2013 at 12:15 PM.

  2. #347

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Does the PS4 do anything with the Vita that the PS3 doesn't? Looking to buy myself a Vita in the new year, wondering whether to try and strike a PS4/Vita package deal with someone...

  3. #348

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    6,069
    Thank Post
    902
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Does the PS4 do anything with the Vita that the PS3 doesn't? Looking to buy myself a Vita in the new year, wondering whether to try and strike a PS4/Vita package deal with someone...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ta-remote-play

  4. #349

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Pretty cool, didn't know it could do that. DF sound a bit off-put by it but I suspect in real world terms it'll be perfectly playable.

    Disappointed to hear the BluRay player functionality is being seen as a downgrade from PS3... will have to look in to it more though as it sounds like that may just be from a control perspective as opposed to AV quality

  5. #350


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    712
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    113
    Was playing Resogun using remote play last night, it works pretty well, but there are issues with using L2/R2 as they're using the touchpad on the back of the Vita, can be a bit temperamental if you're trying to time something correctly.

  6. #351

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where you left me...
    Posts
    504
    Thank Post
    63
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Pretty cool, didn't know it could do that. DF sound a bit off-put by it but I suspect in real world terms it'll be perfectly playable.

    Disappointed to hear the BluRay player functionality is being seen as a downgrade from PS3... will have to look in to it more though as it sounds like that may just be from a control perspective as opposed to AV quality
    I watched to Blu-rays on the PS4 over the weekend, I actually thought it looked better than the PS3. + Found the controls easier to use.. Just my opinion thought I suppose!

  7. #352

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    After today's PSN maintenance you'll be able to use 3 portable systems (PSP and VITA) on your main PSN account.

    Didn't have much use of the main TV over the weekend, but using the VITA for PS4 gaming while the main TV is in use is utterly brilliant, worked flawlessly via direct connection. Bit choppy via my wireless, so I need to cut down on the amount of hops.

  8. #353

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    6,069
    Thank Post
    902
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Didn't have much use of the main TV over the weekend, but using the VITA for PS4 gaming while the main TV is in use is utterly brilliant, worked flawlessly via direct connection. Bit choppy via my wireless, so I need to cut down on the amount of hops.
    Was that local WiFi, or was you out and about? Half considering getting a secondhand Vita for when I go visit relatives - hook up to their WiFi and stream my PS4 library? Be interested in finding out how well that kind of scenario works.

  9. #354

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Was that local WiFi, or was you out and about? Half considering getting a secondhand Vita for when I go visit relatives - hook up to their WiFi and stream my PS4 library? Be interested in finding out how well that kind of scenario works.
    Local only, yet to try it remotely as it was a bit choppy going via my local wireless access point (needlessly complicated setup that I CBA to change right now). It does allow access to everything (unlike the PSP->PS3) except to stream your games back online. I'll report back if I get the chance to test remotely.

  10. #355

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    After today's PSN maintenance you'll be able to use 3 portable systems (PSP and VITA) on your main PSN account.

    Didn't have much use of the main TV over the weekend, but using the VITA for PS4 gaming while the main TV is in use is utterly brilliant, worked flawlessly via direct connection. Bit choppy via my wireless, so I need to cut down on the amount of hops.
    Is direct connection via a cable or wireless?

  11. #356

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Is direct connection via a cable or wireless?
    It's wireless, but P2P from Vita straight to PS4.

    Only options are:

    via direct wireless to PS4
    via a wireless access point
    via internet

    no wired options available, but quality was so good it wasn't needed.

  12. #357

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    PS4 1.52 update imminent: "improves software stability" not much other info currently available.

    https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...19983555592193

  13. #358

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    UK expecting new stock over the weekend.

    Game are still filling back orders so Supermarkets and Argos might be the best bet if you want to get one this year.

  14. #359

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    6,069
    Thank Post
    902
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    UK expecting new stock over the weekend.

    Game are still filling back orders so Supermarkets and Argos might be the best bet if you want to get one this year.
    I got to say, got it at launch and love the console - but - I am getting a bit impatient for games. AC:IV, Resogun and Contrast are all very good but without Watch_Dogs and DriveClub the console feels a bit barren for games Not the must buy I thought it's be this year.

    Roll on next year with The Division also.

  15. #360

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,964
    Thank Post
    139
    Thanked 291 Times in 211 Posts
    Rep Power
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I got to say, got it at launch and love the console - but - I am getting a bit impatient for games. AC:IV, Resogun and Contrast are all very good but without Watch_Dogs and DriveClub the console feels a bit barren for games Not the must buy I thought it's be this year.

    Roll on next year with The Division also.
    People that buys a new console always suffer in the first 6 months, there's never many games and the ones that are available are usually ports and/or a bit rushed. The WiiU is a great example as it is only just getting going after a year.

    I too was annoyed Ubisoft moved Watch_Dogs especially with a month to go, very poor planning, I had the bundle pre-ordered, but I'd prefer it to be a better game rather than a rushed job.

    Historically Sony are patient and never have big launch games for any of their console. Not that its much use to you right now but they do support them with exclusives for a long time, for example there's been some great PS3 games this year (TLOU beat GTAV for GOTY for me) and we'll continue to get them next year (especially if you are into your JRPGs).



    Have you tried the F2P games like War Thunder? Blacklight? Warframe?

    What about retail games like Battlefield4? (its buggy on every system, but a great multiplayer game) Even Need For Speed Rivals is half decent!


    First 3 months of 2014 will see: Planetside 2 (F2P), Minecraft, Dont Starve (PSN+ free), Drive Club, Elder Scrolls Online, The Witness, Thief, inFamous: Second Son, Rayman Legends, Watch_Dogs, Final Fantasy 14, Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeros and loads of indie titles.

    Roll on: The Division, Witcher3, Deep Down, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 12th December 2013 at 12:04 PM.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Sony announcing PS4 20th Feb 13
    By BassTech in forum Gaming
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 16th February 2013, 03:55 PM
  2. December Security Announcement
    By john in forum Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th December 2006, 08:48 AM
  3. Frogteacher security announcement
    By GrumbleDook in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th August 2006, 05:21 PM
  4. Apple announces new Macbooks
    By indie in forum Mac
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17th May 2006, 11:29 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th February 2006, 09:40 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •