+ Post New Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Theblacksheep MCV reports 250k in UK alone in the opening weekend to make it the fastest selling ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    MCV reports 250k in UK alone in the opening weekend to make it the fastest selling UK console. Outsold the WiiU already.

PS4 has sold over 250k PS4s in the UK | Games industry news | MCV
    Eurogamer reports Sony allocated 300,000 to the UK: PS4 looks set to break records at launch • News • PlayStation 4 • Eurogamer.net

Given a reported 1% error rate, that means there should be some 47,000 in shops spread around the country (probably gone by now).

Edit: anyone know Microsofts opening weekend figures?

Edit (Again): scrap that, should have read the linked article first! - 150,000
    Last edited by tmcd35; 2nd December 2013 at 12:15 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Does the PS4 do anything with the Vita that the PS3 doesn't? Looking to buy myself a Vita in the new year, wondering whether to try and strike a PS4/Vita package deal with someone...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Does the PS4 do anything with the Vita that the PS3 doesn't? Looking to buy myself a Vita in the new year, wondering whether to try and strike a PS4/Vita package deal with someone...
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...ta-remote-play

Thank Post
    Pretty cool, didn't know it could do that. DF sound a bit off-put by it but I suspect in real world terms it'll be perfectly playable.

Disappointed to hear the BluRay player functionality is being seen as a downgrade from PS3... will have to look in to it more though as it sounds like that may just be from a control perspective as opposed to AV quality

Thank Post
    Was playing Resogun using remote play last night, it works pretty well, but there are issues with using L2/R2 as they're using the touchpad on the back of the Vita, can be a bit temperamental if you're trying to time something correctly.

Thank Post
    Pretty cool, didn't know it could do that. DF sound a bit off-put by it but I suspect in real world terms it'll be perfectly playable.

Disappointed to hear the BluRay player functionality is being seen as a downgrade from PS3... will have to look in to it more though as it sounds like that may just be from a control perspective as opposed to AV quality
    I watched to Blu-rays on the PS4 over the weekend, I actually thought it looked better than the PS3. + Found the controls easier to use.. Just my opinion thought I suppose!

Thank Post
    After today's PSN maintenance you'll be able to use 3 portable systems (PSP and VITA) on your main PSN account.

Didn't have much use of the main TV over the weekend, but using the VITA for PS4 gaming while the main TV is in use is utterly brilliant, worked flawlessly via direct connection. Bit choppy via my wireless, so I need to cut down on the amount of hops.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Didn't have much use of the main TV over the weekend, but using the VITA for PS4 gaming while the main TV is in use is utterly brilliant, worked flawlessly via direct connection. Bit choppy via my wireless, so I need to cut down on the amount of hops.
    Was that local WiFi, or was you out and about? Half considering getting a secondhand Vita for when I go visit relatives - hook up to their WiFi and stream my PS4 library? Be interested in finding out how well that kind of scenario works.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Was that local WiFi, or was you out and about? Half considering getting a secondhand Vita for when I go visit relatives - hook up to their WiFi and stream my PS4 library? Be interested in finding out how well that kind of scenario works.
    Local only, yet to try it remotely as it was a bit choppy going via my local wireless access point (needlessly complicated setup that I CBA to change right now). It does allow access to everything (unlike the PSP->PS3) except to stream your games back online. I'll report back if I get the chance to test remotely.

Thank Post
    After today's PSN maintenance you'll be able to use 3 portable systems (PSP and VITA) on your main PSN account.

Is direct connection via a cable or wireless?

Thank Post
    Is direct connection via a cable or wireless?
    It's wireless, but P2P from Vita straight to PS4.

Only options are:

via direct wireless to PS4
    via a wireless access point
    via internet

no wired options available, but quality was so good it wasn't needed.

Thank Post
    PS4 1.52 update imminent: "improves software stability" not much other info currently available.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/stat...19983555592193

Thank Post
    UK expecting new stock over the weekend.

Game are still filling back orders so Supermarkets and Argos might be the best bet if you want to get one this year.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    UK expecting new stock over the weekend.

Game are still filling back orders so Supermarkets and Argos might be the best bet if you want to get one this year.
    I got to say, got it at launch and love the console - but - I am getting a bit impatient for games. AC:IV, Resogun and Contrast are all very good but without Watch_Dogs and DriveClub the console feels a bit barren for games Not the must buy I thought it's be this year.

Roll on next year with The Division also.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I got to say, got it at launch and love the console - but - I am getting a bit impatient for games. AC:IV, Resogun and Contrast are all very good but without Watch_Dogs and DriveClub the console feels a bit barren for games Not the must buy I thought it's be this year.

Roll on next year with The Division also.
    People that buys a new console always suffer in the first 6 months, there's never many games and the ones that are available are usually ports and/or a bit rushed. The WiiU is a great example as it is only just getting going after a year.

I too was annoyed Ubisoft moved Watch_Dogs especially with a month to go, very poor planning, I had the bundle pre-ordered, but I'd prefer it to be a better game rather than a rushed job.

Historically Sony are patient and never have big launch games for any of their console. Not that its much use to you right now but they do support them with exclusives for a long time, for example there's been some great PS3 games this year (TLOU beat GTAV for GOTY for me) and we'll continue to get them next year (especially if you are into your JRPGs).

Have you tried the F2P games like War Thunder? Blacklight? Warframe?

What about retail games like Battlefield4? (its buggy on every system, but a great multiplayer game) Even Need For Speed Rivals is half decent!

First 3 months of 2014 will see: Planetside 2 (F2P), Minecraft, Dont Starve (PSN+ free), Drive Club, Elder Scrolls Online, The Witness, Thief, inFamous: Second Son, Rayman Legends, Watch_Dogs, Final Fantasy 14, Metal Gear Solid:Ground Zeros and loads of indie titles.

Roll on: The Division, Witcher3, Deep Down, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 12th December 2013 at 12:04 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread