+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts

Thank Post
    The PS4 US Launch Event last night brought some new details:

Uncharted 4 coming to PS4:

Destiny beta coming to PS4 first, new trailer:

inFamous Second Son is coming March 21st and they'll be a console bundle

In other news:

PS4 can steam game installs, you don't need large initial installs to get playing

AC4 is 1080p on PS4
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 15th November 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Not a fan of the Uncharted series so slightly disappointed Naughty Dog are working on a sequal instead of new IP, was hoping to see something more like The Last Of Us (orginal story and great gameplay). Still there's the new Last of Us DLC coming in the new year

AC4, 1080p - bring it on!!! My TV awaits...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 1,938 Posts
    iFixIt's PS4 Teardown.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Uncharted for the PS4!!

Now i'm interested I've completed all 3 of the other games.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am hearing the PSN is having some pretty major load issues right now. I wonder if MS launch will hold up better then the psn dropping out.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I am hearing the PSN is having some pretty major load issues right now. I wonder if MS launch will hold up better then the psn dropping out.
    It depends on if they've judged pre-orders and impulse buys right.

Day-one mandatory patch won't help... it'll be like the last iOS update all over again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    It depends on if they've judged pre-orders and impulse buys right.

Day-one mandatory patch won't help... it'll be like the last iOS update all over again.
    As long as multiplayer works I suppose (not heard if its all psn or just parts having issues) as thats what I you pay for now.
    iOS was a free update and to considerably more devices and people so they are not in a same league, its not like there are 50m ps4's being activated today but they also may get it sorted before the rest of the world activates on the 29th in larger numbers.
    Its hopefully just a launch blip though.

EDIT: Ars with more details: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/1...ng-ps4-launch/
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 15th November 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,675 Times in 2,269 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's backed by azure so should scale easily as long as they have remembered to keep their ssl certs up to date

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

This was predictable given launch sales volumes and the GTA:V online debacle just over a month ago.

I've been keeping an eye on news sites and PS forums and personally I think it's been very quiet all things considered. So far we seem to have a fairly low key HDMI issue effecting a very small number of users and some predictable PSN issues.

I hope next weeks XB1 launch goes jest as smoothly for Microsofts customers.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    This was predictable given launch sales volumes and the GTA:V online debacle just over a month ago.

I've been keeping an eye on news sites and PS forums and personally I think it's been very quiet all things considered. So far we seem to have a fairly low key HDMI issue effecting a very small number of users and some predictable PSN issues.

I hope next weeks XB1 launch goes jest as smoothly for Microsofts customers.
    Hmm I have seen quite a few people report the PSN offline/not working and Ars has confirmed Sony pulled it as they updated: Sony:

Sony: https://support.us.playstation.com/a...etail/a_id/237 says offline right now. I also saw someone reporting the same message at midnight UK but it had gone away after 10 mins. Also I wonder if it affects those on PS3's, I guess it would?

Hopefully xbox live wont go down at all, ms should know how do to do this considering the pool of consoles downloading will be less then all the windows pc via windows update etc but we will see, but MS easily could have egg on their face by pulling xbox live during launch weekend. Also hoping you can predownload the update (like quite a few people already removing load from PSN) and do it via usb.
    Sony at least will hopefully have it all sorted for worldwide launch on the 29th. I wouldnt be surprised if they release another firmware update between now and then to make it interesting
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 16th November 2013 at 07:36 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Also hoping you can predownload the update (like quite a few people already removing load from PSN) and do it via usb.
    Sony at least will hopefully have it all sorted for worldwide launch on the 29th.
    I'm planning on downloading the latest firmware before 29th and installing direct to a new SSHD by USB day one.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I'm planning on downloading the latest firmware before 29th and installing direct to a new SSHD by USB day one.
    Same here, get it reformatted and updated before going online. It's great the USA are testing for us, not only PSN traffic, loading and activation but maybe a new firmware update too.

Really looking forward to the VITA remote play.

Exciting few weeks for gamers and without strong competition we'd have some locked down and (even more) expensive systems. Happy days.

On another note with the teardown comes some new technical info on PS4: It has a secondary ARM chip and an additional 256mb of ram to shift the load away from the main chip. Might explain the why it can record and compress the last 15mins of video realtime. Might also be used for background downloading/PSN/OS leaving the main cpu/gpu for the games, who knows Secondary ARM processor and extra 256mb DDR3 ram in PS4
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 16th November 2013 at 07:31 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know if the PS4 can be permanently run via the Vita including setup?

Also this guy has no crashing problems.... Sony PS4 vs .50 cal - Slow Mo Destruction at 50,000 FPS - YouTube

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmm it appears Amazon has pulled PS4 sales due to BLOD issue: Amazon suppresses PS4 sales; DOA systems may be at fault - GotGame
    Launch-day sales issues are a familiar beast for gamers when a new console touches ground, but Sony’s Playstation 4 has gathered a particularly bad cloud of press on Amazon.com. With almost 40% one-star user-submitted reviews at the time of this article’s writing, the dominant problem is obvious: dead-on-arrival systems that flash a new “Blue Light of Death.” So many low reviews and complaints have come in that Sony has requested that Amazon cease selling the unit until the problem is addressed.

According to a NeoGAF thread, Amazon Customer Support reports that Sony has halted production on the system until they can address the issues arising with the sold units. Amazon sellers who log in and attempt to sell a PS4 are confronted with a message that “the ability to create a listing for this item has been restricted.”
    Most of the stock has probably been produced now anyway so Sony halting for a little shouldnt hurt too bad. I just hope sony priorities those with BLOD over sending to shops as I would be pretty ticked if Sony said after Christmas for a fixed one (some have claimed this)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread