+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, PS4 Announced in Fun Stuff; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    What Cinavia a feature Sony was kind enough to bring to the PS3 in a stealth firmware update?

The irony they now charge for everything per month when the last war all ps fanboys could say is how they would NEVER pay for multplayer, now they are just supping it up while being quiet.
    Cinavia is mandatory in BR players since 2012, older internet connected BR players also got this update. It'll be on xboxone.

I wasn't happy about paying for multiplayer when you got nothing else, but the free games on PS+ has been worth it. I've had more than my fair share of games for the £30 in the last year: AC3, Farcry3, Metal Gear Rising, NFS:MW, Battlefield3, Demon Souls, Payday, Uncharted 3, Saints row 3, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, Xcom, Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead. There's about 100 others that I've not had the time for.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 809 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Cinavia is mandatory in BR players since 2012, older internet connected BR players also got this update.
    Older devices could optionally have it added in future updates but were not required too, sony were kind though and added it in.
    This also only applies to certain films from certain sources, DNLA has a million legit uses too where Cinivia wont affect it.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 4th November 2013 at 10:23 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks like CoD may have few issues with 1080p framerates: BBC News - Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 faces frame-rate complaints they may get it fixed though.

Thank Post
    Looks like CoD may have few issues with 1080p framerates: BBC News - Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 faces frame-rate complaints they may get it fixed though.
    Seens a few gifs where the PC version (on a titan) is struggling in MP. Huge drop to from 60FPS to 30FPS. Looks like they've been lazy to churn out in time for their yearly release. Who'd a though the COD devs would be lazy eh?!

I think we're gonna see quite alot of that until atleast next year :/
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 6th November 2013 at 03:41 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Seens a few gifs where the PC version (on a titan) is struggling in MP. Huge drop to from 60FPS to 30FPS. Looks like they've been lazy to churn out in time for their yearly release. Who'd a though the COD devs would be lazy eh?!

I think we're gonna see quite alot of that until atleast next year :/
    There are no CoD optimised drivers for nvidia yet so if it only drops frames its doing well. I expected an update before release (at least non WHQL/beta) but nothing so far. Its a pretty general rule that each new major game needs new drivers before it works properly. At least PC users were not promised 60fps stable play and PC users generally accept day one issues more especially drivers. I am trying to recall if the titan is actually a dual card as opposed to a single processor, I think it is which means it must use SLI mode basically which has a lot of drivers issues when new games come out especially with performance drops (I had sli). The whole point of consoles was you avoid the pc issues though as they just have to test the console.

A key pillar of the Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.
    Source: Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 review: Haunted by the past | Joystiq

I wonder how the Xbox One will do on the 12th when its reviews appear.

A vid showing the difference between current gen and next gen consoles: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Current-Gen vs. Next-Gen - IGN Video

EDIT: It appears the latest non WHQL are CoD drivers as well as BF4, who knows with SLI/Titan though.
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 6th November 2013 at 04:22 PM.

Thank Post
    There are no CoD optimised drivers for nvidia yet so if it only drops frames its doing well. I expected an update before release (at least non WHQL/beta) but nothing so far. Its a pretty general rule that each new major game needs new drivers before it works properly. At least PC users were not promised 60fps stable play and PC users generally accept day one issues more especially drivers. I am trying to recall if the titan is actually a dual card as opposed to a single processor, I think it is which means it must use SLI mode basically which has a lot of drivers issues when new games come out especially with performance drops (I had sli). The whole point of consoles was you avoid the pc issues though as they just have to test the console.

Source: Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 review: Haunted by the past | Joystiq

I wonder how the Xbox One will do on the 12th when its reviews appear.

EDIT: It appears the latest non WHQL are CoD drivers as well as BF4, who knows with SLI/Titan though.
    Titan is a genuine single chip card, just with silly power: 4.5k gflops (xboxone = 1.3k gflops, ps4 = 1.8k gflops)

They do have to test the console but as far as I know both consoles OS are being updated, still. They'll be day 1 patches for both games and OS on both systems.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,991 Posts
    I am trying to recall if the titan is actually a dual card as opposed to a single processor, I think it is which means it must use SLI mode basically which has a lot of drivers issues when new games come out especially with performance drops
    You must be thinking of the GTX 690.

Thank Post
    PS4 link app has been added to PS Vita Firmware 3.00

The PS4-> Vita remote play feature has been demo'd live recently at a few games conferences, here's one of the videos:
    Knack Video - Vita Demo (Portuguese Stream) | GameTrailers

Wired have a video of the PS4 teardown:
    Watch Our Exclusive Teardown of the PlayStation 4 | Game|Life | Wired.com

* Once screw to replace/upgrade the internal HD.
    * Low power secondary processor for background/sleep/networking tasks.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 7th November 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Wired have a video of the PS4 teardown
    Photos too...

See What’s Inside the PlayStation 4 With These Exclusive Photos « Wired

Thank Post
    If anyone is planning on fitting a larger drive in their PS4, Seagate has just released a new 2TB 9.5mm HDD called the Spinpoint M9T.

www.storagereview.com/samsung_spinpoint_m9t_mobile_hard_drive_m3_and_p3_ portable_now_shipping

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    If anyone is planning on fitting a larger drive in their PS4, Seagate has just released a new 2TB 9.5mm HDD called the Spinpoint M9T.

www.storagereview.com/samsung_spinpoint_m9t_mobile_hard_drive_m3_and_p3_ portable_now_shipping
    Might be needed in a year or two seeing as each game (even by BR) will be entirely cached to the HD.

Only a 500gb 5400, SSDs are a little expensive at that size but larger hybrids might be a nice upgrade.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm considering a 1TB hybrid for day one, get the upgrade out the way.

Thank Post
    Looks like Amazon have got a few lying around!

OTJR8u1.jpg

Hopefully mine's in there somewhere ready for launch day delivery...
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 8th November 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Thank Post
    Sony PS4 usage terms prevent game resale, rental

7.1. You must not resell either Disc-based Software or Software Downloads, unless expressly authorised by us and, if the publisher is another company, additionally by the publisher.

Thank Post
    Sensationalist clickbait.

Another non story, key point: unless expressly authorised by us

PS4: The Ultimate FAQ – North America – PlayStation.Blog

Does PS4 support used games?

Yes, similar to the PS3 system today, PS4 will not restrict players from playing disc-based used games. When a gamer buys a PS4 disc, they have right to use that copy of the game, so they can trade-in the game at retail, sell it to another person, lend it to a friend, or keep it forever. Furthermore, users will not have to go through activation steps or be charged usage fees when playing used disc-based games on their PS4 system.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 11th November 2013 at 08:58 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread