+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, The Simpsons Tapped Out in Fun Stuff; For note, I can't find a way to turn the notifications off (iPad). The application settings "Disable local notifications" has ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For note, I can't find a way to turn the notifications off (iPad). The application settings "Disable local notifications" has *no* effect. Annoying when I keep getting Homer pipe up in the middle of the night.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    For note, I can't find a way to turn the notifications off (iPad). The application settings "Disable local notifications" has *no* effect. Annoying when I keep getting Homer pipe up in the middle of the night.
    Turn the volume off before bed perhaps? :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    You can't? It works fine with me playing the same city across iPhone & iPad. It's tied to your origin account so you should just be able to log in and it will sync.

Presently lvl 22 - just about to build the prison & not a penny spent!
    android version dosent support it

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've found so far with Android that I have bought stuff but not needed to in order to progress. Building takes 24 hours to build? Come back in 24 hours. Simple.

Time your tasks so they finish near each other, add plenty of houses and you get more cash then you need. Game area lights up with dollar bills and I found a bug that lets you auto-pick the stuff up. Either scrolling, adding more cash to the field then the maximum allowed or selecting a character and tracing your finger round the screen seems to work. A bit hit and miss though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I've found so far with Android that I have bought stuff but not needed to in order to progress. Building takes 24 hours to build? Come back in 24 hours. Simple.

Time your tasks so they finish near each other, add plenty of houses and you get more cash then you need. Game area lights up with dollar bills and I found a bug that lets you auto-pick the stuff up. Either scrolling, adding more cash to the field then the maximum allowed or selecting a character and tracing your finger round the screen seems to work. A bit hit and miss though.

Just ignore cash & XP... It auto collects after a short time anyway

edit: Clearly you have to click on the buildings / characters, but once its on the screen it will find its way into your wallet with or without your help

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You can't? It works fine with me playing the same city across iPhone & iPad. It's tied to your origin account so you should just be able to log in and it will sync.
    Works on iDevices but not on Android

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts

Presently lvl 22 - just about to build the prison & not a penny spent!
    Somebody isn't working hard enough if they have time to keep playing...... Where's my printers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    What's really annoying about this game is that it opens with a video of Homer talking about what an annoying waste of time games like this are - yet here I still am playing it

As for buying donuts - no chance! I clicked on one of the buy options last night, nearly had a heart attack when the price came up - £92! And with Google wallet set up I was one wrong click away from paying it! Do they really think anybody is going to spend that kind of money on this game, seriously?! (BTW, '?!' is called an interrobang, a fact I've been loving telling people this week)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    What's really annoying about this game is that it opens with a video of Homer talking about what an annoying waste of time games like this are - yet here I still am playing it

As for buying donuts - no chance! I clicked on one of the buy options last night, nearly had a heart attack when the price came up - £92! And with Google wallet set up I was one wrong click away from paying it! Do they really think anybody is going to spend that kind of money on this game, seriously?! (BTW, '?!' is called an interrobang, a fact I've been loving telling people this week)
    i did the same when i looked at the game last week and saw the donut price i nearly too had a heart attack!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    My son has this on his tablet.... He is 8 and was asking how you get more donuts. I sat him down and explained that though you might get some in-game, they really wanted you to buy them.

I then took him through the steps, and showed him the cost. Then I explained about how you need a credit card linked, and that there was no chance of that happening. I went on to tell the story of the woman who left her son in charge of an iDevice for an hour and he ran up a £1000 bill. My son's eyes went very wide, at this point, and he said "I don't want extra donuts, Dad"! Teach them young, teach them early!

*EDIT*

Story just popped up showing Apple to refund parents???

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/5011...fund-purchases
    Last edited by aerospacemango; 26th February 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 814 Posts
    Seems the game's not been very well thought out in terms of cost/payoff...

For instance, the Brown House costs $355, and earns $6 & 1xp every 5 minutes. The Purple House costs $1,100 and earns $75 & 7xp every 3 hours... in that time, the brown house which cost 1/3 of the price will have made you $216 and 36xp!

But the real question is, how sad has my life got that I've sat down and done the math to figure out the most effective way to grind in a free mobile Simpsons app? I need to get out more...

Thank Post
    The question is how do i get more donuts!!

For instance, the Brown House costs $355, and earns $6 & 1xp every 5 minutes. The Purple House costs $1,100 and earns $75 & 7xp every 3 hours... in that time, the brown house which cost 1/3 of the price will have made you $216 and 36xp!

But the real question is, how sad has my life got that I've sat down and done the math to figure out the most effective way to grind in a free mobile Simpsons app? I need to get out more...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

But the real question is, how sad has my life got that I've sat down and done the maths to figure out the most effective way to grind in a free mobile Simpsons app? I need to get out more...
    There you go....I've fixed that Americanism for you

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wasted most of my dougnuts, by accidentally tapping the spend buttons for them... So now, I'm playing without paying and doing it over many days.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You get 10 donuts and a statue for tapping homer ten times in a row. I can't remember if anybody else mentioned this before?

I also worked out that the brown house is the best earner, I then realised that I'd be unable to do anything else ever if i wanted to rake the cash in!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast