+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Gaming Thread, DayZ Standalone in Fun Stuff; @ Rawns Good Shout! Just got it now. I'll have a proper play through lunch though, if I start now, ...

Thank Post
    @Rawns

Good Shout! Just got it now. I'll have a proper play through lunch though, if I start now, I'd never get anything done.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Last night! Wow! Just... wow!

@DMcGuigan, you missed some serious action last night after you logged! Me, @TBlax, Nerf and Carbon went to the prison, found nothing so drove down to the airfields south. Carbon got on the hill covering, me, TBlax and Nerf were running around the school and military area.
    What time was you on. Just installed on my old PC (plays if setting on low..)

I have you listed on my Friends in DayZ commander, but the 2 times I was on (5ish for 1 short life hehe should have checked how to bandage 1st) then 8:30 (but was in game until 10:00) so didn't check after that.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyez View Post
    What time was you on. Just installed on my old PC (plays if setting on low..)

I have you listed on my Friends in DayZ commander, but the 2 times I was on (5ish for 1 short life hehe should have checked how to bandage 1st) then 8:30 (but was in game until 10:00) so didn't check after that.
    From about 7:30pm until 10:30pm? Most of us were on at that point.

Were you on the same server as us? If not, details in a previous post in this thread!

Thank Post
    Will have a look,to be honest, only installed before I left for work yesterday, so jumped straight in when I got home. Was like a kid waiting for xmas all day!

Pretty much left DayZ Commander list all mods, and added the 3 names listed, so must have missed something.

Thank Post
    Will have a look,to be honest, only installed before I left for work yesterday, so jumped straight in when I got home. Was like a kid waiting for xmas all day!

Pretty much left DayZ Commander list all mods, and added the 3 names listed, so must have missed something.
    In DayZ Commander, add this IP to your faves: 85.131.146.101:2302

It will add this server to your list: DE Lingor:New Weapons,Day Only,New Start Gear,Sexy Girls at Calamar

What name do you go by in game? We had a "blue on blue" situation yesterday as a friend of a friend joined and accidentally killed another friend as he did not know he was with us!
    Last edited by Rawns; 30th January 2013 at 01:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Cheers, just added to my faves :-)

Next question, do you us TeamSpeak (not that I have headset yet)

Name wise, again, bit of a noob.. its setting the name as my PC username, in ARMAII I have 2 profiles (Gary and Hawkeyez - my old BHD tag), but couldn't see how to force my tag to be Hawkeyez. Wouldn't even let me delete the Gary one.

Thank Post
    Cheers, just added to my faves :-)

Next question, do you us TeamSpeak (not that I have headset yet)

Name wise, again, bit of a noob.. its setting the name as my PC username, in ARMAII I have 2 profiles (Gary and Hawkeyez - my old BHD tag), but couldn't see how to force my tag to be Hawkeyez. Wouldn't even let me delete the Gary one.
    We do, I have my own TS server running at home, happy to PM details if you want them?

As for name, yea, ARMA2 does that. Think you can change it in the main menu either creating a new profile or selecting an existing one (cant recall how exactly). Found a vid (in German!) on how to do it: How-To change name DayZ | Namen ändern bei DayZ![Arma 2 ] - YouTube

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    We do, I have my own TS server running at home, happy to PM details if you want them?
    If you could do, used to run a TS server in my BHD days, but that must be 8 years ago, so suspect its moved on a little :-)

Thank Post
    Ok i finally downloaded and installed ArmaII via steam last night...how do you guys launch DayZ? is there an easy way via steam? or do i have to do the manual way? and which version of DayZ do you use? Didnt realise installing 1 mod would cause such hassle to start...when its going it will be ok though

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Ok i finally downloaded and installed ArmaII via steam last night...how do you guys launch DayZ? is there an easy way via steam? or do i have to do the manual way? and which version of DayZ do you use? Didnt realise installing 1 mod would cause such hassle to start...when its going it will be ok though
    Download DayZ Commander: Home › DayZ Commander

Will download and install the mod for you, allow you to download the latest Beta and launch the game with the in-built server browser.

I believe it works fine with the Steam version, I have AMRA2 as a stand alone.

Thank Post
    @Rawns it doesn't pick up ARMA as being installed even if I point DayZ commander at the directory which is annoying, I've seen some instructions on how to do it manually and it doesn't seem too hard, just some copying file around and installing a manual patch to ARMA2 itself

Thank Post
    @Rawns it doesn't pick up ARMA as being installed even if I point DayZ commander at the directory which is annoying, I've seen some instructions on how to do it manually and it doesn't seem too hard, just some copying file around and installing a manual patch to ARMA2 itself
    I don;t have ARMA2 in Steam so can;t really advise, but found this on the DayZ Commander FAQ page:

I installed Arma2 with Steam, how do I get the overlay so I can talk with my friends?

- Under settings, check the "Launch with steam" option
    - To be sure that Steam uses the beta version of Arma2OA, you must copy your Arma2OA Beta executable over the original executable. DZC can do this for you, by checking the "Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta" setting, or if you feel more comfortable, you can do this manually.

Thank Post
    I will have an investigate tonight, im sure I can get it working fairly quickly...then i'll come and shoot some Zombie's/Bandits with you guys

Thank Post
    I will have an investigate tonight, im sure I can get it working fairly quickly...then i'll come and shoot some Zombie's/Bandits with you guys
    If you have issues, I'm sure a quick YouTube search will find loads of vids on how to get it working with Steam.

Thank Post
    Yeah there are so many players, surley quite a few must be running a Steam install....i only bought it yesterday because it was reduced from £35 down to £17 or I would have ordered it fro Amazon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast