+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, ZombiesRun in Fun Stuff; Just came across this game for mobiles and must admit it's helping me run a little better. Anyone else playing ...

Thank Post

ZombiesRun

Just came across this game for mobiles and must admit it's helping me run a little better. Anyone else playing this?

Thank Post
    Downloaded it a few days ago but not actually been out running with it yet. Does look like fun though and all the reviews seem to be positive. Just need to get some music on my phone as I usually listen to my iPod.

Thank Post
    Well I'm pretty happy with it, it's the 2nd app I've paid for. Last time I ran the lane i was running down was dark and misty. I pretty much just legged it down that lane. Then started huffing and puffing. Running away from the zombies is pretty hard work though. Not sure how that works. I tried running faster then they kept catching up until I started to sprint then managed to get rid of them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While this sounds cool, I can't help but think it'll all end in tears when your phone gets stolen because you're checking it in the street...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    While this sounds cool, I can't help but think it'll all end in tears when your phone gets stolen because you're checking it in the street...
    Not so, as your (zombie) senses will be on on full alert and at any sigh of danger, you'll just sprint off to safety screaming "DANGER!!! DANGER!!! DANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    "DANGER!!! DANGER!!! DANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"
    Add in a "Will Robinson!" and I'm in.

I'll also accept "STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!"

Thank Post
    You keep the phone in your pocket it's more of a radio based game. So you listen to your instructions via a radio frequency. And you ruuuuuuuun!!!!! Had a few funny looks when I started to sprint for about 30 seconds /

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pashers View Post
    You keep the phone in your pocket it's more of a radio based game. So you listen to your instructions via a radio frequency. And you ruuuuuuuun!!!!! Had a few funny looks when I started to sprint for about 30 seconds /
    What if you want to get infected by the zombies?

Either "for teh lulz" or to create a cure before you turn... THIS NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION, DAGNABBIT!

Thank Post
    What if you want to get infected by the zombies?

Either "for teh lulz" or to create a cure before you turn... THIS NEEDS TO BE AN OPTION, DAGNABBIT!
    Maybe happens at the end of a session where you have to shuffle and murmur about as part of your cooldown?

Or jump fellow runners and eat their braiiiinnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Maybe happens at the end of a session where you have to shuffle and murmur about as part of your cooldown?

Or jump fellow runners and eat their braiiiinnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    See, that would be a really cool AR game.

Thank Post
    See, that would be a really cool AR game.
    There was a similar game to something like that on the Play store a while back, I'll try and find it again later if I remember.

Basically you were either a survivor or zombie. Leave the app running and it will tell you if other survivors (or zombies) were in the area. Users could say 'A hospital is here', 'a supply depot is here' (which was usually things like the local Tesco) and if other members agreed, it got in (or so I understood it to work)

Weren't many UK players, though, so I ended up getting rid of it. Yes, survivors COULD be infected and turn. Attending depos would allow you to fortify your safehouse (which would be your actual home), heading to hospital would heal injuries and allow you to get medical supplies, etc. Didn't quite agree with that - I can imagine a tonne of people showing up.. "Can I help you, sir?" "Nah, just treating my zombie bite." "O_O"

Overall it seemed quite good, but too few players made it not really worthy. I wonder if it ever properly took off..?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information