+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Gaming Thread, [NEWS] Tera going F2P in Feburary in Fun Stuff; It fixed itself but it was annoying how it would go for about 10 seconds on 1MB/s, slowly drop to ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It fixed itself but it was annoying how it would go for about 10 seconds on 1MB/s, slowly drop to around 700KB/s then suddenly a low spike for about 5 seconds of utterly terrible speed before climbing again.

Thank Post
    im assuming that its downloading the full 25gb as I left it overnight and it was at about 40%

I've left it running in the day today so it should be close to done when i get in

Thank Post
    On the plus side it actually had limiters for uploading and downloading on the P2P app so I could just leave it on without worrying about other things suffering, nice!

Edit: Oh and a warning to those downloading to SSD, even the discovery client folder hit 40gb when mid way through installing (presumably had installer files and installed files at this point).
    Last edited by Valentine; 17th January 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Thank Post
    Its finished and I created a character last night...and then the internet went down

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Edit: Oh and a warning to those downloading to SSD, even the discovery client folder hit 40gb when mid way through installing (presumably had installer files and installed files at this point).
    Maybe I won't give this a look, then.. I don't think I even have that much space left until I build my new rig D:
    Last edited by Garacesh; 17th January 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh, i want to see!

(I have an ad for male incontinence in the corner....)

Thank Post
    Well, since I have my new A10 rig with a shiny shiny 2TB HDD, I figured I'd give this a shot. Installed it over the holidays.

Actually, it's not bad. Combat system was a little confusing at first but I have to admit, I prefer it to the standard 'Right click target. Press numbers. GG' of other MMO's I've played, such as Aion.
    Rolling with a Castanic Warrior on Zenobia at the moment.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Well, since I have my new A10 rig with a shiny shiny 2TB HDD, I figured I'd give this a shot. Installed it over the holidays.

Actually, it's not bad. Combat system was a little confusing at first but I have to admit, I prefer it to the standard 'Right click target. Press numbers. GG' of other MMO's I've played, such as Aion.
    Rolling with a Castanic Warrior on Zenobia at the moment.
    Yeah, I've started playing it not too long ago and I like it more than the usual MMOs in terms of combat, though it seems a bit more repetitive combat wise. I've got into the habit of killing a rare mob, then instance switching repeatedly to farm it.

Currently playing a Aman Lancer on Veritas.

Thank Post
    Been playing about a month on and off with a friend leveling a couple of different characters (rerolled on the new server as playing as a new character on an established server is kind of annoying) and been enjoying it hugely. The combat system is just plain fun, and it gets even better with groups in instances. The whole blocking, dodging, healing, aggro systems are well thought out and although it is simple to grasp what you have to do, doing it sometimes is quite a challenge.

It is let down somewhat by multiple problems to do with instance matchmaking, questing systems, end game content but it is hard to play something like Warcraft after playing this. You just feel so limited by what you can do with your character after feeling the freedom of the action combat style of Tera.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123