+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Bioshock in Fun Stuff; Anyone played this game? I was thinking of maybe buying it but would like to hear other peoples opinions on ...

Thank Post

Bioshock

Anyone played this game? I was thinking of maybe buying it but would like to hear other peoples opinions on it first.

Thank Post

Re: Bioshock

I absolutely LOVED the demo, downloaded it earlier this week from Fileplanet. I have to say that the water and fire effects , and the graphics overall in the game are fantastic (though admittedly I do have a very powerful gaming rig), the storyline seemed very good, and the music (which was 1920-1940s style) and sound were brilliantly atmospheric.

Just popped out to Game a few moments ago and bought the full release of the game. Looking forward to giving it a play tonight

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I too was very impressed with the demo. I ordered it on Steam almost as soon as I finished it.

The copy protection that it comes with is somewhat harsh though :|

Thank Post

Its not too bad really..they give you 5 activations of the serial key. But thats simultaneous activations, so activate it once, then activate it again on another machine (thats 2 activations), then if you uninstall it off one, you get that activation back , which takes you back to 4 activations remaining.

Cant really see what the hoo-hah is all about unless someone wants to install it on 6 machines simultaneously..and they shouldnt be doing that anyway of course

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I have posted about the DRM/SecureRom/Activation shenanigans elsewhere. I also pointed out the cruddiness of the DX10 implmentation.

Oh, there's no widescreen support either.

Thank Post

Hopefully it is sitting waiting for me at home. Thats the Bank Holiday sorted Though I'm menat to be up on the roof at some point. Whoops! Ahh well.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    I have posted about the DRM/SecureRom/Activation shenanigans elsewhere. I also pointed out the cruddiness of the DX10 implmentation.

Oh, there's no widescreen support either.
    On the plus side, at least the plus side on a personal level , I just installed my copy, no problems, activated without a hitch. I love the graphics, they look fantastic and run ultra smooth all maxed out on my system, and I dont have a widescreen monitor so I am not fussed if it supports it or not

As I say, thats just on a personal perspective though

Thank Post

I know I'm dragging this one up, but got it last day of the Summer Hols and played it to the end over a week of evenings. Loved every minute. Superb in every way, and not one crash. I got the SE Tin version for £22.99 on the PC from Morrisons.

If you liked the old System Shock and System Shock 2 then this is a real treat for you.

Only downside is that when you realise that you can't really die you lose the fear factor.

Big Daddies rock.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information