+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Gaming Thread, The Steam Christmas (AKA Holiday) Sale now live! in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by DMcGuigan Steam sales are normally put on when I don't have anything to buy games with, luckily ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Steam sales are normally put on when I don't have anything to buy games with, luckily it's payday, and I received 100 of Steam Gift cards as an early Christmas present.

I grabbed Dishonored while it was at 50% off, and I was not disappointed at all! 3 hours in so far and I'm still only on the first mission after finishing the intro. There's a lot of ways to approach this game!
    Also got The Witcher 2 while it's a nice price, ready for when I finally finish the first game, (Which, by the way, is up for 1.79 extended edition and is well worth the purchase if your spec can handle it!) and a friend picked me up Forge, which is a nice little take on arena based combat games.

I've got Ultimate Mortal Kombat Collection, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Broken Sword Trilogy in my cart as I type, and it's only 12.46 for 8 games that I really loved the first time I played them.

Now to find some Christmas presents for the lads!
    Wow, that's a nice collection you got yourself! I've been looking at Dishonoured and I might get it, what's your general opinion of it? The Witcher games were a bloody great price and I couldn't refuse to buy it, looking forward to installing them and giving them a go

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Wow, that's a nice collection you got yourself! I've been looking at Dishonoured and I might get it, what's your general opinion of it? The Witcher games were a bloody great price and I couldn't refuse to buy it, looking forward to installing them and giving them a go
    I'm at about 5/6 hours now and it's still getting better. I've always been one for stealthy and open game play, and it just kinda throws you into a level saying "This is your target, have fun."
    Each level's been really open, and no forced path, you can go to 3 or 4 different areas before actually moving on your target if you want to. Then when you finally do, you have to decide how you want to do it.. guns blazing, stealthy, lethal, non-lethal.. I've definitely been making use of Quick Save / Load, that's for sure!

Skills just add another level of accessibility to the game too, I pretty much only use Blink at the minute for quick teleports. Amazing for navigation and works wonders in combat, teleport behind, assassinate, teleport above, drop kill, teleport to a rooftop and escape.

Bethesda and Arkane have definitely hit it on the head with this one, fresh new IP with a nice story and amazing setting.

The Witcher games may take a while to install.. they're not the smallest of games

Thank Post
    Busy buying more games/series that I missed the first time round as wasn't sure if I'd like them.

Just added Borderlands, Psychonauts, Stalker: SOC and Stalker:COP to the list of steam games that I'll probably play for 5 minutes then never again

Those flash sale deals are just too good to pass up though!
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 24th December 2012 at 12:33 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 988 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Also got The Witcher 2 while it's a nice price, ready for when I finally finish the first game, (Which, by the way, is up for 1.79 extended edition and is well worth the purchase if your spec can handle it!)
    The Witcher 1 doesn't require a massive spec - so long as you turn off all the daft grass effects. Runs so much smoother once you don't have fields of polygons waving at you.
    Witcher 2, on the other hand, will eat all of your graphics cards. Bloody gorgeous though. Possibly my two favourite RPGs ever.

@flyinghaggis: Stalker SoC is incredible, make sure you install either the Complete Mod or LURK though - the former pretties it up and polishes it, whereas the latter does the same but adds in a bit more stealth, a few missing monsters & a lot more terror. I played it through with the latter and it was literally awesome*. (You can only have one though - each is designed to be an all-in-one monster mod)

Only got Arkham City & Driver: SF so far, I think that 178 games on my Steam list is plenty already given that 150 of those probably haven't been played properly yet...

*not an abuse of literally. I genuinely mean that it filled me with awe.
    Last edited by sonofsanta; 28th December 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Thank Post
    You don't want to know how many I've bought so far...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post

@flyinghaggis: Stalker SoC is incredible, make sure you install either the Complete Mod or LURK though - the former pretties it up and polishes it, whereas the latter does the same but adds in a bit more stealth, a few missing monsters & a lot more terror. I played it through with the latter and it was literally awesome*. (You can only have one though - each is designed to be an all-in-one monster mod)
    Cheers for the heads up. I've spent a few hours playing stalker and it's really good fun. Even for a 6 year old game the graphics surprisingly don't look too bad but looks pretty slick with the mod.

If anyone hasn't tried it yet I'd recommend picking up FTL: Faster than Light whilst it's on sale for 3. It's a must have for anyone who has aspirations of being captain Picard. Best experienced with a cup of Tea...Earl Grey.....Hot
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 28th December 2012 at 07:33 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123