+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Error ios249 is a stub !! in Fun Stuff; I give up !!! Homebrew installed fine. Can I get ANY USB loader to work ? Nope. Problem after problem ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Error ios249 is a stub !!

I give up !!!
    Homebrew installed fine.
    Can I get ANY USB loader to work ? Nope.
    Problem after problem after problem after problem....
    I must have tried every single possible suggestion I have read in the countless forums but to no avail. So this time when it comes to tweaking something I own be it an X-box, PS or any console I have owned over the years, this time I've been beaten by a WII.
    FYI - I am running 1.1.0, IOS58 v24.32, 4.3e and home brew apps etc work fine - its just the USB loaders that refuse to work - if anyone can wave their magic wand then do let me know. It will save my kids moaning about the loading times.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tried this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Tried this?
    Yep, got to step 5 and when selecting IOS236 I don't have that option even though I followed the instructions to install IOS236 from Ios236 - GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These steps need to be performed to make Configurable USB Loader try to launch IOS248 or IOS224 at startup. If you do not perform these steps, you will get an IOS249 is a stub message when trying to use the loader. There are several options that you can use.

Perform only one of these bulleted sets of steps (your choice):
    •Download a pre-configured meta.xml for IOS248: 1.Download the pre-configured meta.xml (right-click the link then choose Save Link As or a similar option).
    2.Replace sd:/apps/USBLoader/meta.xml with the downloaded one.

•On a Windows machine, you can use the Configurator, included in the Cfg zip package you downloaded: 1.To start the Configurator, execute the CfgLoaderConfigurator app which will be located in sd:/usb-loader if you followed the above instructions. ■Alternatively, extract the usb-loader directory in the zip file to your hard drive to get a copy of the Configurator.

2.Select the Global Options 3 tab.
    3.Select either 248 or 224-mload from the ios drop-down box depending on your preferred choice of IOS (248 is recommended).
    4.Ensure the check box to the left of the ios box is now checked (it should have done so when you selected the ios option).
    5.Select the Meta Arguments tab.
    6.Click the Global Options 3 check box to make it checked
    7.Click the Read meta.xml button and select sd:/apps/USBLoader/meta.xml, then push OK.
    8.Click the Write meta.xml button and push OK to replace the existing file with the one with a new included option.

•On any machine, open sd:/apps/USBLoader/meta.xml in your favourite text editor and do the following: 1.Find the line </app> towards the end of the file.
    2.Depending on which ios you want to use as default (248 is recommended) add one of the lines below before </app>: ■<arguments><arg>ios=248</arg></arguments>
    ■<arguments><arg>ios=224-mload</arg></arguments>

3.Save your changes to meta.xml.
    4.Configurable USB Loader is now ready to be used. Check the information below to see how to use it.

How about this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    How about this?
    Done that - just edited the XML file and it now loads........but won't see my 250 gig hard drive that is sitting in a cradle with its own power supply.
    I will try a few more USB devices......

Thank Post
    Working on an 8 gig USB stick - will see if I can get it to work on another USB hard drive I have.....

Thank Post
    Got it working on an old 80 gig drive - I never give up.....almost did though...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread