+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Gaming Thread, Steam Autumn Sale 2012! in Fun Stuff; ...
  1. #1
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Steam Autumn Sale 2012!

    Lock those wallets down! The Steam Autumn sale is on!

    I recommend Terraria at £2.03.. ohhhh ohhhh! And Dead Island!

    Walking Dead is on offer too!

    ...


    CURSE YOU STEAM!!!!!

  2. #2

    flyinghaggis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,082
    Thank Post
    108
    Thanked 81 Times in 63 Posts
    Rep Power
    140
    Arrrgh, just fired up steam and noticed about 3-4 games I want to buy as well!

    Walking Dead £10.99
    Witcher2 £9.99
    Batman Arkham City £9.99
    Portal £3.70

    I really need to stop buying sale games on steam as already have about 3-4 games I've bought over the last 2 months I've barely played

    Soooo many bargains though..... must ... resist....!

  3. #3


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    712
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Arrrgh, just fired up steam and noticed about 3-4 games I want to buy as well!

    Walking Dead £10.99
    Witcher2 £9.99
    Batman Arkham City £9.99
    Portal £3.70

    I really need to stop buying sale games on steam as already have about 3-4 games I've bought over the last 2 months I've barely played

    Soooo many bargains though..... must ... resist....!
    Only three or four?! Such resolve! I tend to buy that a week if something takes my eye.

    I have 160 games now, I've finished maybe.. 6/7 of them? Luckily, the only thing I don't have is witcher 2, and I'm yet to finish the first one!

  4. #4

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    5,375
    Thank Post
    958
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    711
    Really, genuinely, properly broke this time. Got paid today, and by the time I pay my CC off I'll effectively be £70 in debt on my current account already, unless I don't put any money into savings this month.

    So having to pretend this one isn't happening

    Although one of my friends did just buy me Rage in the flash sale for no particular reason, which is pretty lovely.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    1,842
    Thank Post
    219
    Thanked 271 Times in 219 Posts
    Rep Power
    70
    I bought Walking Dead last night, Its a great game, it's actually a point and click game. These Damn Steam sales, I've got more games than I can play already. (still haven't started Deadspace yet!)

  6. #6
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    I bought Walking Dead last night, Its a great game, it's actually a point and click game. These Damn Steam sales, I've got more games than I can play already. (still haven't started Deadspace yet!)
    They are also available on the iPad and everyone says that it is surprisingly good.... really good! May have to take the plunge!

  7. #7


    DMcGuigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    712
    Thank Post
    31
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    They are also available on the iPad and everyone says that it is surprisingly good.... really good! May have to take the plunge!
    Played episode 1-4, I'll save 5 for the next time I have a friend round, he likes the story line and is too cheap to buy it himself :P
    It IS a really good game. I love point and click, and I love zombies, so it's the perfect combination of the two!

  8. #8
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,754
    Thank Post
    1,458
    Thanked 493 Times in 376 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Ahhh, god bless the Steam Mobile app. That's Terraria purchased from my desk.

  9. #9

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    669
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Batman Arkham City £9.99
    Portal £3.70
    You haven't played these yet?!

    For shame.

    I have far too many games to play already, without having steam sales to contend with.

  10. #10
    Fleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    757
    Thank Post
    189
    Thanked 107 Times in 58 Posts
    Rep Power
    44
    Max Payne 3 looks very tempting, that's a damn good bargain! - Prototype 2's caught my eye but I've not even played the original, is it any good?

    I'm a bit annoyed though. I've just recently looked into DayZ (and it looks EPIC) - I bought ArmA II: Combined Ops for £14.99 on the first day. I then see it's £12.45 on the second day, and THEN I find out they're making a standalone game for DayZ so I didn't even need to buy ArmA II. Gutted is not the word.

    Ah well, my first ever PC game was Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis and I bloody loved that game, still do! So I'm sure ArmA II will keep me happy as well as DayZ

    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    You haven't played these yet?!

    For shame.

    I have far too many games to play already, without having steam sales to contend with.
    I relate to that problem too much; I buy games because they're too tempting/in the sale and then I forget to play them. I bought BioShock 2 back in 2010 and I haven't even run it. Not once.
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 23rd November 2012 at 01:03 PM.

  11. #11

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    669
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    I relate to that problem too much; I buy games because they're too tempting/in the sale and then I forget to play them. I bought BioShock 2 back in 2010 and I haven't even run it. Not once.
    FFX-2.

    I haven't played it for anything longer than a disk test.

  12. #12
    Fleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    757
    Thank Post
    189
    Thanked 107 Times in 58 Posts
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    FFX-2.

    I haven't played it for anything longer than a disk test.
    Well I can't count up to 10 so FF doesn't really work for me

    Disclaimer: I can count up to 10, I just pretend I can't as it's a politer way of saying "Final Fantasy - nowayjosé." - Seriously though, why have they made so many games for it?
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 23rd November 2012 at 01:35 PM.

  13. #13

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    669
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Seriously though, why have they made so many games for it?
    It's not the same world/time period.

    It's just a series umbrella for a lot of seemingly unrelated games. [See also: Sonic, Mario.]

  14. #14
    Fleetwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    757
    Thank Post
    189
    Thanked 107 Times in 58 Posts
    Rep Power
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    It's not the same world/time period.

    It's just a series umbrella for a lot of seemingly unrelated games. [See also: Sonic, Mario.]
    Hm, very true. Don't you think they'll ever call it a day, though? They must be bleeding it dry by now..

  15. #15

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,839
    Thank Post
    669
    Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Hm, very true. Don't you think they'll ever call it a day, though? They must be bleeding it dry by now..
    TBH, there was only supposed to be one.

    It was their swan song, their FINAL FANTASY.


    But, it saved the company.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oh God No Not Again: Steam Summer Sale 2012
    By sonofsanta in forum Gaming
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th July 2012, 09:38 AM
  2. Football manager 2012 steam error
    By MrMave in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd December 2011, 10:04 PM
  3. On no! Another Steam sale!
    By Rawns in forum Gaming
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 28th November 2011, 01:11 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11th July 2011, 03:03 PM
  5. Steam Holiday Sale
    By Fatmas in forum Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 4th January 2011, 03:27 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •