+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Gaming Thread, Black Ops 2 - Worth the money? in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by CAM Ironically, anyone with half a brain aims before they fire a shotgun as it drastically cuts ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Ironically, anyone with half a brain aims before they fire a shotgun as it drastically cuts the pellet spread. rivaLxfactor on YouTube has a video about it (will fetch it later) and it greatly increases the range and killing power of the shotguns.
    That it does, unfortunately, most are using laser sights to cut that section out. I have shotgunned, I'll throw my hands up and admit it. However, it was the KSG, which has no pellet spread as it fires a single slug. I like to think of it as a sawn-off rifle. Incredibly powerful at a lovely range. You just can't miss, so aiming is a must!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DMcGuigan View Post
    Not too sure about the balance, when I first started I despised the SMG / Shotgun users, it just seemed too easy to run around blind firing, it's like nobody had ever heard of LT / L1 / RMB.
    It seems to have calmed down a bit now, people actually try to aim from time to time, but some maps like Hijacked are a nightmare for it.
    Well, if you're getting close enough to get sprayed with pellets, you need to change your tactics

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    Well, if you're getting close enough to get sprayed with pellets, you need to change your tactics
    I like to stay on the move, unfortunately, so do shotgunners
    Mostly use the 3 burst weapons or the M27, assault rifles have always been my specialty. In KC, you tend to get a bit close for comfort sometimes too, so you can't always avoid :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 1,432 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have found a lot of people that say it is now unbalanced were those that were owning in MW2, BLOPS and MW3 (1.5K/D upwards), those that say its balanced were those that were doing between 0.1-1.5 K/D average.

Weapons were crazy unbalanced, and didn't seem right. Hence one of the reasons to the switch to Halo 4

Thank Post
    I don't think the issue is just weapon balance to be honest, it seems like the play style has adapted since Black Ops. Game pace since then seems to have increased quite a bit. In Black Ops I tended to see people trying to be stealthy and more cautious, MW3 and Black Ops 2 seems to be a case of:

1)Grab SMG
    2)Run
    3)Gun

I still try to keep a semi-sneaky approach, but it doesn't seem to work as well as it did in Black Ops.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    I haven't played it yet - is the game itself any more difficult? It always seems to be forgotten about with each release.

The irony here is that when playing online, I'll probably get my a$$ kicked. It gets boring after a while... playing mates in the same room's much better.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I haven't played it yet - is the game itself any more difficult? It always seems to be forgotten about with each release.

The irony here is that when playing online, I'll probably get my a$$ kicked. It gets boring after a while... playing mates in the same room's much better.
    Depends on which aspect you mean by difficulty, SP was the easiest veteran I've ever cleared, but I'm probably just used to it by now.
    Multiplayer is easier in some aspects, harder in others. I find survival harder, but getting kills / levelling seems to be easier.
    As for zombies, same as always really, difficult until you find the right group of team players and tactics.

Thank Post
    Getting addicted to zombies on this, Tranzit in particular. Got to level 23 last night which took over an hour and a half and managed to bank about 20 000 points along the way ready for tonights session.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poults View Post
    Getting addicted to zombies on this, Tranzit in particular. Got to level 23 last night which took over an hour and a half and managed to bank about 20 000 points along the way ready for tonights session.
    Tranzit is probably my favourite thing about it! I've only ever made it to round 19, but managed to bank just over 100,000 using the Galvaknuckles. They may cost 6k, but damn they're powerful!
    I haven't played for nearly a month now though, I've gravitated towards gamerscore again.. and Eve online :P

Thank Post
    Sweet! Didnt know about them! I know what I'm trying tonight now lol. The ammo for a pack a punch gun costs 4500 anyway so if they last infinetly they are well worth it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poults View Post
    Sweet! Didnt know about them! I know what I'm trying tonight now lol. The ammo for a pack a punch gun costs 4500 anyway so if they last infinetly they are well worth it.
    Yeah, they're well hidden, you have to use the roof access hatch for the bus in the back right corner of the diner at the second stop. They're behind you when you climb it. 1 shot kill until round 14, then 2 after that. They last until death AFAIK.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234