+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Black Ops 2 - Worth the money? in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by CHR1S Lag spoils a the game. Yeah and I'm starting to wonder if people have figured out ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Lag spoils a the game.
    Yeah and I'm starting to wonder if people have figured out a way to lag spike again, all too often in wager matches (can't bring myself to call them party games) there'll be one person with a 4 bar connection running around 'pwning' everyone while the rest have a poor connection and can barely walk, let alone aim.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You should try playing from NZ with 300ms pings, I------t-----'-------s ------- g---------rea--------t. Till-------e------ver------yon-----e s---hoots--------th----e ------stutt----erring---- character.

Thank Post
    I like it!!

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah...I caved and bought it on 360 yesterday. Now I'm lvl4 with the 870MCS one shotting anything that gets within three feet of me.

XBox name is Rikev, add me!

Thank Post
    Once you unlock the MCMS (I think... it's a sub machine gun, about the third one you unlock...) there's no stopping you! Put a silencer on it and you're off

Thank Post
    Me and CoD have a love hate relationship, love the game, hate the amount of time I spend on it.

I'm playing on Xbox (Gamertag: Darc Apocalypse) and currently 2nd Prestige level 52 with 2 golden assault rifles, both prestige 2 and about 2/3 levels from hitting max on them. Made it to top 30,000 in the kill confirmed game type last night, probably dropped by a considerable amount now.

Finished the campaign on veteran and really liked the multiple endings, I think I've seen 3 of them now.

Just need to get the last few achievements for my 1k, but Hitman just came out, so it looks like I may have cut down on CoD

Thank Post
    Have you even slept since it was released lol

Thank Post
    Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of?!
    Nah, got the same 6/7 hours as always.

Double XP helped though, so did having a team of solid scorers with me in every game. We've been playing together since CoD 3 and still going strong!

Thank Post
    I forgot about the double xp as I didn't pre order with the Nuketown 2025 map, does help having a good clan to play with rather than just randoms. I'm not great by any means lol k/d about 0.75.

Thank Post
    My K/D was around 1.1 when I started, I'm at around 1.25 now. Had a few games of kill confirmed where I came +40, so that really helped give it a boost.
    There's a lot of team work involved in KC, you just don't get that with randoms. The 6 of us can almost flawless an enemy team with the right tactics, though party chat turns into a mess of "denied, confirmed, denied, got them, confirmed for ya'"

Gets a bit loud

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well my stats are rubbish but I'm up to L30 or so.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaleStorm View Post
    Any one played yet? I know it was only released today, I can get a steam key for £28 and I want to know if its different enough from normal CoD to be worth buying?
    I would say yes, the SP is much better then MW3 and actually feels different at times. They have added all sorts of ideas on giving it a different COD feeling and I do enjoy taking control of more than just people. Have yet to play multiplayer but thats usually easier to win me over. SP is what I prefer to get a game for.

Although its the same engine they certainly have done work on it to improve the way it looks and if they didnt admit it was the same engine most people wouldnt care. In the end you can still run it on half decent PCs.

What is interesting though: After the huge fuss of MW3 being over rated or just episode 2 from MW2, Black Ops is raking in the money.... last report half a $billion in 24 hours....
    Last edited by mthomas08; 20th November 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Thank Post
    I think I'm at about 1.2 at the minute, in the high 30's for level.
    One thing I'm loving about this game is the weapons finally seem balanced... apart from the paper plane (hunter killer drone) which you fire blindly in to the air and almost always get a kill with! Wouldn't be a problem, but you only need to score about 100 points to get one! (equivalent to a UAV level kill streak in earlier COD's)
    Score streaks are a better system than kill streaks too I think, they encourage people to actually attempt the mission rather than running around on a free for all regardless of game mode.
    Last edited by LosOjos; 20th November 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    One thing I'm loving about this game is the weapons finally seem balanced... apart from the paper plane (hunter killer drone) which you fire blindly in to the air and almost always get a kill with! Wouldn't be a problem, but you only need to score about 100 points to get one! (equivalent to a UAV level kill streak in earlier COD's)
    Not too sure about the balance, when I first started I despised the SMG / Shotgun users, it just seemed too easy to run around blind firing, it's like nobody had ever heard of LT / L1 / RMB.
    It seems to have calmed down a bit now, people actually try to aim from time to time, but some maps like Hijacked are a nightmare for it.

As for the hunter killer drone, don't complain about my baby! I love that thing so much, I think it's 525 points to use it, works out at 5 kills and an assist. I must confess, I prefer to use it as a direct projectile at the minute, many a riot shield user has sprinted at me, only to turn tail when they see that bad boy start flying.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ironically, anyone with half a brain aims before they fire a shotgun as it drastically cuts the pellet spread. rivaLxfactor on YouTube has a video about it (will fetch it later) and it greatly increases the range and killing power of the shotguns.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast