+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Gaming Thread, Black Ops 2 - Worth the money? in Fun Stuff; I haven't played SP yet, but after dipping my toe in to MP last night I think it looks promising. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    I haven't played SP yet, but after dipping my toe in to MP last night I think it looks promising. Much better than MW3 IMO, a lot smoother to play. Weapons are nicely balanced, although quick sniping still exists.

One huge disappointment for me, no more wager matches! They were the best thing they've added to CoD since the start of the series IMO, I expected them to be missing from MW3 due to the fact there are essentially two totally different strains of CoD now (Treyarch and Infinity Ward), but I really hoped they'd be back for BLOPS2 - nope!

It's same old CoD really, nothing Earth shatteringly different about it. But it does play well at least.

PS - I'm on the 360 version

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I haven't played SP yet, but after dipping my toe in to MP last night I think it looks promising. Much better than MW3 IMO, a lot smoother to play. Weapons are nicely balanced, although quick sniping still exists.

One huge disappointment for me, no more wager matches! They were the best thing they've added to CoD since the start of the series IMO, I expected them to be missing from MW3 due to the fact there are essentially two totally different strains of CoD now (Treyarch and Infinity Ward), but I really hoped they'd be back for BLOPS2 - nope!

It's same old CoD really, nothing Earth shatteringly different about it. But it does play well at least.

PS - I'm on the 360 version
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added wager matches to some sort of DLC pack in the future... I had a blast on MP last night on PS3, had a lot of fun, much better than MW3. The whole game feels really polished to me, didn't experience any lag at all and the matchmaking system works fast.
    I only played team death match last night but I found myself wanting to go back for more, I couldn't put the controller down! The weapons are nice and balanced with most of the annoying perks changed/removed which is a welcome improvement.

All in all I'd give it an 8/10 based on my short time online, taken 1 off for the graphics (c'mon how old is this engine now??) and another for not having wager matches like the original black ops.

Add me on PS3: Leeoc91 if you fancy a game
    Last edited by BassTech; 15th November 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Thank Post
    I did notice last night playing MW3 that they have added a dedicated servers area! (my black ops code is messed up and says it wont work in my country so im having to buy a new one when i get my refund)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Stupid Xbox Live:

After playing a bit more I bought 3 months of x-box live to get me and the kids through Xmas. Fired off the game and it refused to connect stating my profile was not allowed to play on xbox live. So I checked my other games and they worked fine on xbox live. I rang xbox support and after informing them of every single security answer I could think of they informed me that the problem was with the game......and to contact Activision.
    So I rang up the helpline for Activision and after being passed from pillar to post and wasting 20 mins of my time pressing buttons I get informed I am number 30 in a queue and it will take around 62 minutes to get to me.
    I decide to hang in and whilst I do start reading on some of the forums that some users find that clearing out the xbox cache sometimes help. So I do this and that works.
    So this goes to prove what a complete and utter waste of time xbox support is. This is the sort of thing they should have informed me of staright away but for some reason didn't. Idiots.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Stupid Xbox Live:
    *SNIP*
    So this goes to prove what a complete and utter waste of time xbox support is. This is the sort of thing they should have informed me of staright away but for some reason didn't. Idiots.
    Couldn't agree more, they're a waste of space. Having said that, I find most "customer support" lines are a waste of space these days - I can usually find out quicker, easier and with more detail by doing a quick Google search anything I want to know than calling up some twonk in a call centre!

ON a happier note - there are wager matches! But now, they're called "Party Games". You don't gamble anything any more, but you can still earn XP and all the wager match modes from Bloack Ops are still there. Made me very happy

Played a bit of SP last night too and the story so far is pretty good, missions are a bit same old so far but it all plays very fluidly.

All in all, I give it 8/10 at the moment...

EDIT: revised to 8/10 (from 9/10), as although it's a very good CoD game, it's still "just another CoD game". I had to revise it because of course my legions of fans would be really concerned if I hadn't...
    Last edited by LosOjos; 16th November 2012 at 02:25 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I plan on trying this on the Wii-U when it comes out since that now has a "proper" controller. Motion FPS is interesting but still a gimmick.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post

ON a happier note - there are wager matches! But now, they're called "Party Games". You don't gamble anything any more, but you can still earn XP and all the wager match modes from Bloack Ops are still there. Made me very happy
    Fancy a Pass The Parcel match later? I hear it randomises the prize inside. IT COULD BE A GRENADE!

On a serious note though, who the hell named it that? - I like the look of the game but I can't justify spending 40-50 on it..
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 16th November 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Thank Post
    MP is ok, dunno if its just me who reminisces after older games, or they arnt as good.

Nerf the bloody x-bows please!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 800 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Those of you on PC via steam you may want to join the Steam user group: Steam Community :: Group :: edugeek

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Fancy a Pass The Parcel match later? I hear it randomises the prize inside. IT COULD BE A GRENADE!

On a serious note though, who the hell named it that? - I like the look of the game but I can't justify spending 40-50 on it..
    I used to think that was a lot too but then I thought, I go out Saturdays and spend the best part of 50 quid on booze and a kebab and taxis then 50 on a game that I will play for probably the best part of a year isn't really out of the way.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Those of you on PC via steam you may want to join the Steam user group: Steam Community :: Group :: edugeek
    Didn't even realise there was a group D: thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Poults View Post
    I used to think that was a lot too but then I thought, I go out Saturdays and spend the best part of 50 quid on booze and a kebab and taxis then 50 on a game that I will play for probably the best part of a year isn't really out of the way.
    Embarrassingly revealing my anti-social life now, I don't have the luxury of going out to spend that money on those things but yeah, I see your point and it does make sense when you put it that way.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK I played this on XBox yesterday as my brother has a copy so we did split-screen. Definitely fun!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,317 Times in 800 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have to say I find the graphics a bit of a joke on the pc if not a bit of a disgrace but the gameplay is good.

Thank Post
    I have to say I find the graphics a bit of a joke on the pc if not a bit of a disgrace but the gameplay is good.
    I haven't seen the PC version yet but I thought the same of the 360 version - the graphics haven't moved on at all since Modern Warfare I don't think.

Thank Post
    If you offer up something like Skyrim as an example, its night and day!

Its fun, but still has the same issues plagued with every twitch FPS. Lag spoils the game.
    Last edited by CHR1S; 19th November 2012 at 02:19 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast