+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gaming Thread, GTA: V - Trailer #2 in Fun Stuff; Who's looking forward to seeing Trailer #2 for GTA: V then!? I know I am! - Wednesday, 14th November is ...
    Thank Post

GTA: V - Trailer #2

Who's looking forward to seeing Trailer #2 for GTA: V then!? I know I am! - Wednesday, 14th November is when it 'premieres', more details here: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer #2 Coming Next Week, Wed Nov 14

I'm still gutted I won't get to see Las Venturas with the graphics they've got in store for this, but I do miss Los Santos. The latest screenshots are clearly proving that the map will be HUGE, especially with the country roads/beaches still there.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    San Andreas was a good game, its a shame they removed things planes in the later version of GTA. Vice city was a great game!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    Who's looking forward to seeing Trailer #2 for GTA: V then!? I know I am! - Wednesday, 14th November is when it 'premieres', more details here: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer #2 Coming Next Week, Wed Nov 14

I'm still gutted I won't get to see Las Venturas with the graphics they've got in store for this, but I do miss Los Santos. The latest screenshots are clearly proving that the map will be HUGE, especially with the country roads/beaches still there.
    I'll be interested in the PC release, as the graphics will be hamstrung by the old console platforms at initial release.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I'll be interested in the PC release, as the graphics will be hamstrung by the old console platforms at initial release.
    What kind of controller would you use with the PC one please?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    San Andreas was a good game, its a shame they removed things planes in the later version of GTA. Vice city was a great game!
    San Andreas was great, the big variety of planes/helicopters was lovely and the amount of customisation you could do (go to the Gym, make yourself fat, endless amounts of clothing, change your hairstyle etc.) and it seemed GTA IV took all of that away granted, GTA IV's vehicle base was even bigger and it's always nice to have a big selection to choose from but I like to play games like these that allow you to customise your character a lot.

Vice City is and always will be my favourite GTA game. Biased because I've always been 80s-mad anyway but I generally liked the game, I'd love to see Vice City return some day. Vice City + San Andreas' customisation features and we'd be sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I'll be buying it for the PC anyway when it's released. Slightly irritating that PC releases always come out ages after the consoles, but then I've always been a PC gamer so that's just my own opinion. The graphics should look good, but I'm hoping they won't balls-up like they did with GTA IV. That was so badly optimised.
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 9th November 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Thank Post
    just been reading on IGN. Apparently, you can switch between characters all the time as there is 3 protagonists. Not sure how i feel about this, GTA was always nice and easy to get a grips with. this might add a bit of unwanted complication.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by familiarrealms View Post
    just been reading on IGN. Apparently, you can switch between characters all the time as there is 3 protagonists. Not sure how i feel about this, GTA was always nice and easy to get a grips with. this might add a bit of unwanted complication.
    Oh, they confirmed the multiple-protagonist rumour? I missed that one! Agreed, that's something I was always a bit 'unsure' of when I heard about it. It may prove to be more involving and fun than it sounds though. A bit like how GTA IV and EFLC 'tied in' with eachother? I'd still prefer to stick with one character, but if there aren't any customisation options available multiple protagonists might make a nice change from time to time.

I'd prefer it if it switched protagonists by itself/as you progress, rather than you being able to just press a button and change. Could be a bit weird..

Or it might be an advance to GTA SA's 'Gang Recruit' feature it had, you can have 2 followers and switch between them? *shrug*
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 9th November 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Thank Post
    It may prove to be more involving and fun than it sounds though.
    This is true. A bit of thought process behind criminality. The protagonists are supposedly going to perform heists so a more sophisticated way of controlling them and performing the objectives would fit right.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,632 Times in 1,939 Posts
    I use an Xbox 360 controller for Windows PCs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Mouse and Keyboard FTW.

Thank Post
    Vice City is and always will be my favourite GTA game. Biased because I've always been 80s-mad anyway but I generally liked the game, I'd love to see Vice City return some day. Vice City + San Andreas' customisation features and we'd be sorted!
    It's being ported onto the iPad soon for it's 10 year anniversary!

Before anyone goes "pfft, iPad! Boooo!" etc, GTA3 has already been ported across and I recommend it for anyone who has an iPad. They did a cracking job too. The controls are slick and it plays just as well as it did 10 years ago too! All the radio stations are there too! Used to love listening to Laslow on Chatterbox FM!

I bought the GTA radio set once and played Chatterbox FM in my car with the window down during the summer months! I was cool back then...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Keyboard and mouse, like every other game I've ever played on PC!

Thank Post
    Keyboard and mouse for PC all the way!

There's some screenshots from Games Informer here: Xbox360A

Some of the comments are saying these are PS3 screenshots, but this site has been known to post PC screenshots. They use what they can find!

EDIT:

Oh, there's these details too, also from game informer: Xbox360A 2
    Last edited by DMcGuigan; 9th November 2012 at 02:28 PM.

Thank Post
    Using a console controller for a PC game has always baffled me. I fail to see the point unless you've got some emulating going on.
    Some people find it easier to fly planes and stuff using a controller/gamepad, but I'd rather stick with me trusty keyboard + mouse all the way!
    @DMcGuigan - those screenshots look amazing! Thanks for sharing the link with us. Pleased to see how the 'outskirts' look interesting to see the Dam there though, I remember that being between San Fierro & Las Venturas.
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 9th November 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Using a console controller for a PC game has always baffled me. I fail to see the point unless you've got some emulating going on.
    Some people find it easier to fly planes and stuff using a controller/gamepad, but I'd rather stick with me trusty keyboard + mouse all the way!
    The only time i use my Xbox 360 controller on PC is for football games. Playing FIFA with a keyboard is not fun!

EDIT: Also use it for racing games like GRID.
    Last edited by Rawns; 9th November 2012 at 02:28 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast